Girlfalldown

Britney Spears is preggers.

Next you will see her all fat-bellied and barefoot with a Marlboro dangling out of the corner of her Louisiana redneck mouth. Who was it exactly that decided it was OK to pay a bunch of former Mickey Mouse Club retards richly for the rest of their lives? :S

Dude, I am right there with you.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

She may not be the classiest or most intelligent woman out there, but neither are many of those who judge her.

She happens to be an idol to a lot of little girls out there, what a completely shitty idol. The list of why would be too long for me to sit here and type out, but all I can say is I'm glad she's apparently out of the music business even if its just for a while.

What example is she showing her 9yr old fans now? "No matter how successful you are, you still have to settle for a dirtbag for a husband, who has fathered multipul children with multipul women without so much a worry or a care...that's who you want to marry and be the father to your children."
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

There are plenty of people worht glorifying and idolizing. She is not one.

Maybe not to you. She's not worth glorifying to me either. However, I don't speak for everyone. I don't like her music, but if someone does, well, just don't make me listen to it.

Pointing out that she is adulterous, and a home wrecker with bad judgement is not judgemental, just observant.

Bad judgment is subjective. Did she cheat on her husband? Maybe she shouldn't have gotten together with that guy when he had a kid on the way, but (as we all know), a person can't force someone to leave someone else. They do that on their own. No one here is perfect. I know people who have done far worse. They just don't make as much money.

I don't judge her, but I won't pity her if he leaves her either, because she should realize that's coming based on his past.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

I'm with you Dave.

If you want to be rich and famous and visible as a celebrity, people have to buy you and your stuff. Little girls buy her music and try to dress like her (yikes!) and think she's cool.

She has the choice and the opportunity to use her money and celebrity in a positive resposible way. She could be setting a great example. Instead, she's paying things like virginity and the sanctity of marriage lip service.

Judgmental of me? Sure. But I'm just calling it like I see it.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

She could be setting a great example

Sure! She could be doing many great things to help society. She's not. Neither are many famous pro-athletes. You could say that little boys are looking up to pro-athletes who could/should be doing more for society.

Geez people, just let the poor girl be happy. She's been working since she was a teenager, it just seems like she wants a "normal" life for awhile. Maybe marriage and family will settle her down a little and get her back on track to being a woman young girls can look up to. I'd hate to live her life of people watching my every move.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

People should be judgmental, val. In fact, I know that you are judgmental and have made up your mind on a number of issues, and I KNOW you've willingly taken heat for our judgments. It's one of the things I respect so much about you.

Being judgmental isn't a bad thing. It's both good and bad. Hell, I've been judgmental about you, which gives me a positive impression.

Some judgments bad, some good. My judgment on Spears, given her history, ain't that good at all.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

She could be setting a great example

Sure! She could be doing many great things to help society. She's not. Neither are many famous pro-athletes. You could say that little boys are looking up to pro-athletes who could/should be doing more for society.

I do say that.

She is???? Perhaps those little girls need more guidance.

Whoa, hold on, why are you being so judgemental on all of those parent's choices for raising their children?

Okay, then this is circular. If YOU think she is a bad role model, then wouldn't YOU guide your children away from looking up to her? It's a parent's responsibility. It's not her responsibility to be a good role model.

Okay, then this is circular. If YOU think she is a bad role model, then wouldn't YOU guide your children away from looking up to her? It's a parent's responsibility. It's not her responsibility to be a good role model.

Nope, that wasn't my opinion or for my benifit. It was for your benifit so you could clearly see your own judgmental hypocracy.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

"Sure! She could be doing many great things to help society. She's not. Neither are many famous pro-athletes. You could say that little boys are looking up to pro-athletes who could/should be doing more for society"

I feel societies idolizations are all skewed. Look at who get's the media attention. Why do we waste a whole night on the grammy's? I feel instead of wasting money, on that shit, why don't we spend more money, on rejuvinating our city's infrastructure. Taking care of our own citizens, and programs to help find cures for diseases like HIV/AIDS, Herpes, Cancer in all it's forms.

People should be judgmental, val.

Touche!

:ph34r:

And, I agree with Andrea. Maybe she just wants to settle down some. She lived the wild party scene. Many people here have. Does that mean she's not capable of being a mother?

But Andrea, it's not like she's unwillingly in the limelight. She worked very hard to get there. You can't have the riches and celebrity without the intrusion.

Here's hoping that motherhood will mature her and give her some perspective. It could happen.

Nope, that wasn't my opinion or for my benifit. It was for your benifit so you could clearly see your own judgmental hypocracy.

So, then why do you care if she's an idol for teens? Either you judge her or the parents for kids wanting to dress like her....which is it? If a parent doesn't want their kid to dress like her, they should probably guide her away from idolizing her. It's that simple.

So, then why do you care if she's an idol for teens? Either you judge her or the parents for kids wanting to dress like her....which is it? If a parent doesn't want their kid to dress like her, they should probably guide her away from idolizing her. It's that simple.

It's never that simple.

it just seems like she wants a "normal" life for awhile.

I'll lay 50-1odds that her publicist will give regular updates on her. I'll lay 100-1 odds that once she gives birth, an exclusive interview with pictorials in People Magazine or some other rag will come out within a month.

I'll bet that she goes back to being a staple of Entertainment Tonight and other infomercials during the course of this (by the way - you PAY to be mentioned on those entertainment shows).

This is a person who has lived through publicity. She wants to live a normal life? Then don't issue a press release to your "fans." Just drop off the radar.

I'd hate to live her life of people watching my every move.

That's why you don't go signing up for a new reality series with your co-habiting partner when you know full well you're pregnant. (Hmmm. Do you think that this new reality show will be filmed while she's pregant or after the baby is born? I'll bet it's being filmed right now, so as to cash in more heavily on the pregnancy storyline.) She actually SIGNED UP to allow a film crew to watch her every move, cashing in on it! I guess she doesn't hate it THAT much.

If she wants a normal life, she should stop hawking herself. I'll give Madonna a lot of credit here. That famous lover-of-the-limelight has dropped out of the limelight since motherhood. It appears that she figured out that raising kids is more important pushing her "art."

I hope Britney learns this lesson well. Then again, can her man be expected to take this lesson, too?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

But Andrea, it's not like she's unwillingly in the limelight. She worked very hard to get there. You can't have the riches and celebrity without the intrusion.

When she was a teen starting out, I bet she had the dream of being a famous singer not the dream of being photographed every time she set foot out of her house. For some reason, people are more obsessed with her than other singers. She may have brought it on but the public also demands it. Our society makes role models out of the worst people...we should be looking up to teachers, police and firefighters but instead we choose "celebs" and sportspeople, two occupations that don't require intelligence or being a good person. It's screwed up.

My wrist hurts now, I'm out.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon