Kid_Icarus

Easy Hors d'oeuvres for a cocktail party?

Try to spell it right...its classier this way! ;-) Hors d'oeuvres (well, its a o and e stuck together, but you guys already think us french people are weird, so I better not freak you out even more with funky letters... ;-) )

Fancy cheeses on crackers, paté on tosted bagette slices, greek olives.. thats being real simple, but I love those!
Remster

Fancy cheeses on crackers, paté on tosted bagette slices, greek olives.. thats being real simple, but I love those!

Yup! That's nice and easy. You don't even have to slice the cheese. Just put it on trays and let everyone slice their own and throw it on bread or crackers.

You can also grill some red bell peppers and slice them really really thin and put a slice on toasted baguettes and then crumble some strong cheese on top.

Ooh another really yummy one! Slice up fresh ripe tomatos, put them on top of fresh slices of mozzarella cheese and throw down a leaf of basil. Top it with olive oil and a little balsamic vinegar. You can serve them just like that or put them on top of a slice of baguette. Sooooo yummy! Super easy too.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

here are two of my favorites:

MEATBALLS

1 (12 oz.) bottle Heinz chili sauce
1 (10 oz.) jar grape jelly
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. soy sauce

Put them all in a sauce pan and bring it to a boil.
Add in 1 pound bag of pre-made meatballs, you can get them most grocery stores now. They usually come frozen...can't get much easier than that!

Simmer it for 30-45 minutes.

They are great to eat with a fork or toothpick.

TORTILLA PINWHEELS

3 (4 oz.) cans chopped green chile (drained)
3 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. Mexican seasoning salt
2 tsp. garlic powder OPTIONAL
2 tsp onion salt OPTIONAL
12 flour tortillas

Mix everything, except the tortillas. Spread the paste over a tortilla. Roll the tortilla up. cut it into bite size pieces.

if you like spicy food, use diced jalapenos instead of the green chiles.

Wrap water chestnuts w/ half-pieces of bacon (using toothpicks to hold the bacon on) & bake half an hour @ 350, then throw them all in a crockpot of equal parts grape jelly & chili sauce for awhile. Sounds wierd, tastes awesome, definitely not boring.

or...mix a can of corned beef with a half pound of cream cheese and onion, mayonnaise, and fresh dill to taste. Easy to double the recipe and serve in a bread bowl if you want it to look more interesting. Serve chilled with bread chunks or crackers.

Or...the easiest, but somewhat boring...cover a block of cream cheese with salsa & a bunch of shrimp or crab meat & pick up a bag of frito's to dip in it.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

The simplier the better. Besides vegie trays, my family also likes the little cocktail weenies soaking in bbq sauce (works great in a mini crock pot) and tortilla chips with queso dip (velveeta and salsa melted together works well). Don't forget people with sweet tooths, simple brownies always disappear.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Try to spell it right...its classier this way!...
Fancy cheeses on crackers, paté on toasted baguette slices, greek olives..

Class, I tell you...!:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Try to spell it right...its classier this way! ;-) Whores Ovaries (well, its a o and e stuck together, but you guys already think us french people are weird, so I better not freak you out even more with funky letters... ;-) )

Fixed it for ya!
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Shrimp. Very, very GOOD shrimp. I've been told many times that it's the best shrimp that (insert name) has ever eaten.

Buy peeled shrimp with the tails on. Boil them in beer with hot sauce (I use Louisiana Hot sauce) and Creole seasoning.

Mix up a dipping sauce using Ketchup, horseradish, and Orange Marmalade.

It is to die for! Easy and tasty.

I'll see what else I can think up. I've got the most WONDERFUL spinach artichoke dip, that's different than your typical spinach artichoke dip. It's a little more work, but really good if you want the recipe.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail