RoysPlayThing

Damn!! IPHOTO!!! BAD!!!

Does anyone know of any better photo programs out there for Mac OSX ... The IPHOTO seems real nice until you take as many pictures as Me And chopchop and It goes so slow now, It's virtually Useless!! ... AAAGGHHGHGHGhh! ... I'm a little tense.. :S:|

Ummm... Yeah... well I am flattered that you would want to help me out on that respect... But I don't think Roy (My S.O.) Would be very enthused.. :S.. and if you know I have a Roy of my own.. I'm not enthused either... so back to the IPHOTO question anyone?? :P

well........ I know nothing about IPHOTO

but <>

if you were to come over.......we could work on the tenseness ;)

Roy

iTunes bogging down with large libraries is a well-known problem. This article has a possible solutions, but it might not be appropriate for your situation. YMMV.

Edit to add: Apparently iPhoto 4 addresses some performance problems. You might consider upgrading.

Mac OS X Version 10.3.8

Machine Model: Power Mac G4 (AGP graphics)

Boot ROM Version: 3.1.3f1

iPhoto:

Version: 2.0.1
iPhoto 2.0.1, ©2002-2004 Apple Computer, Inc.

I strongly suggest you upgrade to iLife 05 which has iPhoto5 included in it. It is much, much, much faster. It also has some pretty decent abilities for improving photos and many other things.

Edited to Add: Go to versiontracker.com and do a search for iPhoto Buddy. It is a little freeware program that allows you to set up multiple iPhoto libraries and choose which one you want . This program was very helpful to me before iPhoto 4 came out and relieved the slowness of previous versions when you got a few hundred photos in your library.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

dude get photoshop

First, she is not a dude. She's a dudette. ;)

Second, she wants a way to -store- photos (first of all), not play with them.

Lany, if you don't like iPhoto. Try iView. :)
ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

well no wonder it's taking forever....We have iPhoto 5 and I have a HUGE collection of photo's...several gig's at that and it does not take a tone of time at all. I'd suggest upgrading to iLife 5. i really is a sweet set of app's. if ya dont like it then iView seems to be a very popular program out there.....

take a look around..... but iLife 5 is really sweet. it's what I have on my iMarc G5....it's the bomb diggity!!!:)

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

dude get photoshop

First, she is not a dude. She's a dudette. ;)

Second, she wants a way to -store- photos (first of all), not play with them.

Lany, if you don't like iPhoto. Try iView. :)
ltdiver

dude she just asked for a photo program.

Gotta go... plaything needs to spank me
Feel the hate...
Photos here

Solve all your problems buy a PC Every one knows apples go bad

.. ummmm... yeah... you must not have tried both of those yourself for any length of time.. I have had PC's.. and actually chopchop and I just got a PC laptop late last year.. and the computer got infested with viruses and spam wear... so I guess.. yeah... you are right... as long as you never go on the internet with your computer... you might be safe with a PC... :S... well... ummm.. thanks, but no thanks.. :P ... You "Zep" can go right ahead and enjoy your "PC".. ;) .. I've grown out of it. ;)

Stick your pc's where the sun dont shine :P

Yep... the "sun don't shine"... It don't shine, not one bit... 'cause it's too busy trying to free itself from the spamware and viruses the PC collects each day... >:( .. don't get me wrong .... I used to be a hard-ass PC user... until I witnessed full hand that PC's are the main target for the spamwear and viruses out there at this time... of course the hackers and bullshit asshole virus people will catch on, if everyone starts to use the mac..and then they are the majority.. then I don't know what we will do!! .. [:/] .. for now... the mac is better protected (through my thorough experience.. against bad things if you go online) ;)

Hi, To catalog large amount of photos and files, I recommend Tri-CATALOG.
I have been using it for a few years along with quite a few professional photographers I work with, we are all quite happy with it.
It doesn't look super cool, or cost a large amount of cash, but it does the job of cataloging extra large amounts of photos in the minimum amount of space. Including any kind of un-mounted volumes.

http://www.tri-edre.com/english/tricatalog.html

Benjamin Forde / Fordesign

//