wildblue

Need movie ideas...

Looking for good movie ideas. I don't have cable, but I have a blockbuster online subscription and my queue is getting pretty thin. I've resorted to putting in movies I've seen before, but just want to see again.

I know we've done this before, but there's a lot of new stuff out there.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

WOWOW...where to even begin.

If you had Netflix, you could sign up as a friend and see all my ratings, queue, etc. I have rated around 500, and I have 60ish in queue.

I can give you some idea, but you have to narrow down what you like?

Recently watched recommends:

I heart huckabees (watch while 'impaired')
Fog of War
Halo: freefall Warriors
Salton Sea
Shuan of the Dead
Faster
keeps going....again, waht do you like?
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

No documentaries at the moment, unless they're really really good.

I heart huckabees was good? It looked silly... maybe I'll try it.
Salton Sea looks good, added that one.
Shaun of the Dead was pretty good.

Holy crap... I've seen over 100 movies since august. Man it was a crappy Winter!

And Ted - besides being a danger to yourself and others, and a sucker - you're also worthless now. Everyone's seen Boondock Saints. :ph34r:
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

wildblue:
Huckabees may be goofy sober. I watched it impaired and thought WOW, this is 15 layers deep....man.
How about:
Shallow Grave - early Ewan McGregor
The General - Irish mob
Miller's Crossing - and any other coen film (Ladykillers, etc)
Resident Evil 2, Van Helsing, Underworld were good for a just mindless action
Basic - good plot twist action

Still thinking

Edit: oh yeah, his goffyness...search....lots of talk rumors, etc. Supposedly something more concrete this year.

VSG: meh, to quote Boondock and reference your movie "Pinko Commies" http://www.thoseshirts.com/reagan.html
--

And Ted - besides being a danger to yourself and others, and a sucker - you're also worthless now.

WORTHLESS!!!?? I'm offended...Although, that's what my high school guidance counselor said too! :D

PS. richard simmons has a collection of workout videos that you'd like alot. :D
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

We watched "Saw" recently - and it was pretty scary!! A great one to watch in a big empty house alone....!

"Lock, Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels" & "Snatch" are great, and "Trainspotting" is a MUST!

Hobbes: "How come we play 'War' and not 'Peace'?"
Calvin: "Too few role models."

Che was a political figure, even if he did not seek to be one per say.

The shirt is a take of this shirt:
http://www.thoseshirts.com/images/che.jpg

It has inspired several:
http://www.thoseshirts.com/

Che was marxist...hardcore. So, idealogically he is the anti-Regean, hence the shirt. I have not seen the movie...so was good naturely use a quote from boondock saints to poke at it. I don't support che, and as such don't have much interest in the journey which lead him to become a revolutionary.
--

"Sophie's Choice" was pretty good.

Some early Jet Li films are fun too, older stuff such as "Fist of Legend." That's a good one. There are others too, the martial arts is usually amazing.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

you like movies with subtitles?

I don't mind them. Amelie is one of my all time favs, and I watched Y Tu Mama Tambien a few weeks ago.

And I was just about to recommend Amelie.....guess I was a bit late on that one! :PB|

Um.....go for the old school stuff.....rent a Stephen King classic. B| Speaking of which, if you haven't seen it, check out Rose Red. It's like 4 hours long, but hey, you have nothing better to do. ;):D

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Wow, everything is political for some people. Che's politics is NOT the reason that I recommended the film. I'm from Peru, so it was interesting for me to see South America and South Americans of varying social economic level from back then shown within a film, especially since my own father is a physician from South America.

I enjoy experiencing different cultures and exploring the world, even if the politics, religion and values differ from my own. There's no harm in learning about people's differences, and it often makes you value your own beliefs even more. Thankfully my father felt the same way about being open to new cultures, which is why he decided to move to North America. We love living and being a part of this culture.

Wildblue ~ If you don't mind movie titles, then have you seen this older one..."Como Aqua Para Chocolate"? It's Like Water for Chocolate".

"Blue", "Red", "White" are all also good oldie foreign films. "Les Choristes" is a new one that I also enjoyed.

Let me know if you see anything new that you can recommend my way. If I remember from a past PM from you, we have similar taste in films.

Nothing personal, VSG, but I was not reading it into Che. If you research, you will find he was a violent political activist. I know the move is not about that, I just choose not to patronize it.
Not everything is political, but very few things are objective, by sheer definition.
--

"Blue", "Red", "White" are all also good oldie foreign films

I was going to suggest those. They are my favorites.

Also I watched I heart Huckabees sober and laughed my ass off. Does that mean I am already impaired?

How about The Hotel New Hampshire, Almost Famous, Freeway, or one of my Favorites Watership Down