regulator

Spring loaded pilot chute

I'm getting my form ready to order my 1st new rig. Can anyone tell me the advantages/disadvantages to getting the option for a spring loaded pilot chute. Would this be beneficial or perhaps not worth the extra 100 dollars. I'm not exactly familiar with this and am looking for some advice.

Thanks!

Spring loaded Pilots chutes used to be the "In" thing before the Hand Deploy Pilot Chute.

They are still used for All Reserve Containers (IIRC) and for some student model rigs.

But typically you'll want a Hand Deployed Pilot Chute, in a BOC. That will give you the best flexability in skydiving disciplines.

Then you get into collapsable, non-collapsable, hacky, monkey fist........

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Take your form and grab your instructor or a coach, Sit down with them and go over all the options and find out the advantages/disadvantages of all of them. Then buy them a jump and order the gear that fits what you want and need. It's a good thing to learn as much as you can about your gear anyway, this is a perfect opportunity to further your education.
ATTACK LIFE ! IT'S GOING TO KILL YOU ANYWAY!!!!

Ahhh... kill line pilot chute and hackey handle are standard on infinity rigs. Most manufacturers charge extra for those. I'm surprised they don't have other options on the order form though... Maybe you'd just write in special instructions if you want something different.

Dave

So can I assume that since its a kill-line PC that its a collapsable PC?

Yes that is what the Kill line does. You are not a dumbass for asking questions for any means. That's how we learn, at least you are thinking and regrettably some people don't.

BSBD

good luck with the rig and measure twice!!!
ATTACK LIFE ! IT'S GOING TO KILL YOU ANYWAY!!!!

Your best bet here is to get with your local RIGGER and go over your order. He should show you everything and answer all your questions.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

Thanks alot...I saw the option for BOC...and that is what I am going to select when ordering. So can I assume that since its a kill-line PC that its a collapsable PC?

Hey Paul,

As BUBLEHEAD (sp?) said, the kill line PC is collapsible. Our standard is a 28" Zero-P PC.

On page 2 of the order form (its in the fine print in the top right corner and easy to overlook) it gives a list of what comes standard with the Infinity container.

Order Form: http://www.velocityrigs.com/order_form/infinity.pdf

If you have ANY questions what-so-ever, dont hesitate to give me a call at the shop. It's often very difficult to give advice towards appropriate gear over the internet, but if you call in, I can ask some questions along the way and we might get you off to a good start.

Tony
Velocity Sports Equipment
(253) 445-8790
-Tony
(253) 445-8790
Velocity Sports Equipment

Your best bet here is to get with your local RIGGER and go over your order. He should show you everything and answer all your questions.

A better bet would be to get with a GEAR DEALER and go over the order.

Riggers know how to pack parachutes. They may or may not know a damn thing about ordering a container. They may or may not be "he's" either...

Tony,

I appreciate you taking time to answer my questions. I would like to state that the only container I plan on ordering is an Infinity. I am a rather skinny individual and a friend of mine (another instuctor) at my DZ jumps an Infinity and it fits him like a glove. I am 5 10 and a half and I weigh 155 lbs. I am definately wanting to ask one last question since everyone else has been so nice and getting all my 1st rig questions out the way. The last ( I promise) question I have is for you in particular, Tony. Cut in laterals...does this feature make the rig conform to my skinny body better or would it be more for comfort? I definately plan on getting the double wide leg strap webbing because when I jumped Javelin rigs while on student status I found the bottom of my thighs would get sore after jumping because of all my weight being suspended on two relatively narrow leg straps on the Javelin. I am completely looking forward to this and I would like to give you personally the specs for the rig I want and perhaps you could send it to Square 1 so they could attach the reserve and AAD on it before shipping it out to me (if thats possible). But sorry for taking up your time but the cut in laterals is one option few if any at my DZ have and I havent asked that question to them so perhaps you could fill me in. Thanks again and you will definately hear from me within the next few weeks on ordering my custom rig.

Thanks!

Paul

Tony,

I appreciate you taking time to answer my questions. I would like to state that the only container I plan on ordering is an Infinity. I am a rather skinny individual and a friend of mine (another instuctor) at my DZ jumps an Infinity and it fits him like a glove. I am 5 10 and a half and I weigh 155 lbs. I am definately wanting to ask one last question since everyone else has been so nice and getting all my 1st rig questions out the way. The last ( I promise) question I have is for you in particular, Tony. Cut in laterals...does this feature make the rig conform to my skinny body better or would it be more for comfort? I definately plan on getting the double wide leg strap webbing because when I jumped Javelin rigs while on student status I found the bottom of my thighs would get sore after jumping because of all my weight being suspended on two relatively narrow leg straps on the Javelin. I am completely looking forward to this and I would like to give you personally the specs for the rig I want and perhaps you could send it to Square 1 so they could attach the reserve and AAD on it before shipping it out to me (if thats possible). But sorry for taking up your time but the cut in laterals is one option few if any at my DZ have and I havent asked that question to them so perhaps you could fill me in. Thanks again and you will definately hear from me within the next few weeks on ordering my custom rig.

Thanks!

Paul

You should try to jump a rig with double wide leg straps. If that is not possible try one on, do it up, and walk around a bit. Personally I hate double wide legstraps. They do not suit my skinny legs and skinny ass well at all. When i walk around they pinch my balls (in a bad way).
Does your instructor friend have double wides on his infinity? Either way take a look at the thickness of his leg straps verses the (older?) student rigs.

That is some GOOD advice brother!...pinching anyones balls has to suck ass. Like I said I'm 5'11 (almost) and I weigh 150 sopping wet. This is something I will look into. Getting your balls smashed while walking on a load must suck ass. I'll make sure I demo some double wide leg straps before I order my rig.

Thanks!

When i walk around they pinch my balls (in a bad way).

I didnt know there was a good way????:D:D:D

To regulator
I dont know about double wide leg straps, but take into to consideration that student gear is one size fits none. When you get custom gear it will fit better and will not hurt as bad. Also whatever rig you get get the best harness/ back padding they have! Those two things will make all the difference in the world!
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!