Thanatos340

Tanning Bed vs Spray On Tanner?

I am the palest of Scrawny Pale white Guys. I have not worn Shorts in Public for over 10 Years because my Legs are so white. (I am Talking Blinding White)

Now I have my 100th jump coming up in two weeks and I have always said I would do it Nekkid. Well being a man of my word, I do plan on going through with it but in an effort to make this as painless as possible for those who may accidentally glimpse my Scrawny Pale White Ass falling through the sky..

I have decided to Hit a Local Tanning Place.

For those who have actually used these places..
What is the best bet for actually adding a little Color (or at least Tone down the brightness) for a while for someone whose Legs have not seen any form of Sunlight for over 10 years?

Does that Spray On shit work? Is two weeks enough time to make a difference in a Tanning Bed?

I think that spray on shit makes people orange. I've used the tanning beds a few times before going on vacation somewhere nice like Hawaii so I wouldn't get fried when I go there and they work pretty well. You can get a beginner package usually and hit it 3 or 4 times and get a nice mellow tan. Just don't go in for long your first time because they can fry the shit out of you too.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

Do they make a tint screen for cameras?? I don't know if I can turn down my exposure enough...and I wouldn't want to get video that compares to looking at the sun!!!

:D:D

I'm right there with you, J....stark white!!...but hey - I wouldn't sweat it...you're only going to be exposed for a short time...

Just don't land off!!:D:D:D

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

You can do some good in two weeks, but in my experience, legs are (by far) the most difficult thing to tan.

If you want to go the spray tan route, try it out first . . . like soon. It'll be gone in two weeks, in case you don't like it. And if you do like it, you can just go back and do it again closer to time. You can also go to the regular tanning bed in the meantime.

Spray tans do work, I did it one year for a wedding.

Don't go the tanning bed route, those things are so bad for your skin and 2 weeks is definately not enough time if you are very white.
Fly it like you stole it!

Just don't land off!!

You can bet your ass I will be checking that Spot!!

I am also working on having plenty of distractions so that No one will really notice me at all.

Of course it may be to my advantage to just go as I am. No one would see anything through the glare and If I land off.. Just look for the Glow and that is where I will be.B|

The last 3 or 4 years, I used tanning beds in the spring / early summer. It took me about a month to get the color I wanted, and then maintenance was 3 times a week. [:/]

This year, since I don't want to put my skin through that anymore, I went with spray on tanning. A friend told me about getting airbrushed - and she looks fabulous. I couldn't find anywhere close to have that done, so I'm doing the Magic Tan misting booth at a salon here. I am very pleased with the results. It's all natural and it is NOT orange at all. It lasts about 5-7 days.

It's not perfect, but it's safe for my skin, and it's instant gratification. B|

There is also a thread in the women's forum about Self Tanners .

I have always said I would do it Nekkid. Well being a man of my word, I do plan on going through with it

Was there other stuff in this post? A question or something? Because I just got really damn distracted after reading this part. :$
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Was there other stuff in this post?

Oh well.. You are the one who decided to go to the Cinco Boogie instead of the Shimell Boogie.;)

You're the one who decided you'd rather see your mother this weekend. :P Damn you good guys who love your moms!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

You want skin cancer down the road then go to a tanning salon. Trust me on this one, you dont want skin cancer. I'm 27 baked in the sun for several years in college and HS since I was a life guard and skin cancer SUXS. Go to a department store and get a self tanner if you really want a tan.

The last 3 or 4 years, I used tanning beds in the spring / early summer. It took me about a month to get the color I wanted, and then maintenance was 3 times a week. [:/]

This year, since I don't want to put my skin through that anymore, I went with spray on tanning. A friend told me about getting airbrushed - and she looks fabulous. I couldn't find anywhere close to have that done, so I'm doing the Magic Tan misting booth at a salon here. I am very pleased with the results. It's all natural and it is NOT orange at all. It lasts about 5-7 days.

It's not perfect, but it's safe for my skin, and it's instant gratification. B|

There is also a thread in the women's forum about Self Tanners .

Am I the only one who thinks her avatar should be in color so we could evaluate the results for ourselves?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

As a pale blue eyed blond guy myself, I would highly recommend not getting any kind of UV exposure on your skin if you can help it.

I've got a scar on my back two inches in diameter where I had to have a lesion removed. It's not fun. And I've had minimal exposure in life. Just one bad sunburn as a kid...

Suck it up and be pasty. You're skin will thank you later, and you won't look leathery later in life.

Spray it on if ya' must and use the strongest sunblock ya' can.

my 2 cents

Am I the only one who thinks her avatar should be in color so we could evaluate the results for ourselves?

You're all by yourself there....

I'm just fine with her avatar the way it is...

of course - I don't get a damn thing done all day because it's the most distracting avatar on the site!!
:D:D:P

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

Good God please... I repeat PLEASE tell me where this is going to happen! I want to steer clear of this event at all costs. If it is in Rome, I shall be at "The Farm", and vice versa...

You gave me enough of a scare at the last game of strip texas hold em we had...

Not too mention the fact that I need not be involved... I am FAT and whiter than you... My ass is so white it's damn near clear!!!

The Sun is evil!!!

Goudha is for Buddha, and that's good enough for me!

get a self tanner

My last gf had a great body but she was self conscious about her lack of a tan, so she got some of that self tanning stuff before she...anyway, I did'nt have the heart to tell her how orange it looked. It's not natural looking at all.

Tanning beds use UV light,
UV = BAD
sprayon stuff is probably carcenogenic (isn't everything)
So which do you prefer to die by.
Spray on will be instant and all your mates will go
DUDE you look different:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

don't know if this is BS, it probably is, but...

...the tanning salons argue that tanning on their beds is safer than the sun because of the diference between UV-A and UV-B. One of them causes skin cancer & the other doesn't as much, but does cause tanning, and the tanning beds have more of that second kind and less of the first kind. or so they say.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

don't know if this is BS, it probably is, but...

...the tanning salons argue that tanning on their beds is safer than the sun because of the diference between UV-A and UV-B. One of them causes skin cancer & the other doesn't as much, but does cause tanning, and the tanning beds have more of that second kind and less of the first kind. or so they say.

So they are still carcenogenic but less so...:D:D:D:D That's SOOO much better:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?