freeflir29

Wow..........the Brits are PISSED!

I think this sucks....

Football is such a passion driven sport over there...and for a yank who owns a Gridiron team to go over there and think he knows anything about fostering, or maintaining that passion....

it's sad.

I hope one of two things happens....

a) the Shareholders United stop his 75% or 90% take-over and they keep it a public team....however - I don't see it doing much - since he already owns greater than 60%

b) everyone sells their shares....and NOBODY goes to the games anymore. He will in effect have RUINED a dynasty....all for his greed. Hopefully he will sell at a major loss - then they can re-build.

Had Tampa never won the SB - his worth wouldn't be near what it is now...and he wouldn't have been in a position to make this transaction.

This is a sad day for football....even sadder day for capitalism. Greed reigns supreme![:/] Must be nice to have enough money that you can crush dynasties with it.

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

I know nothing about this guy - is he a 'hands-on, fix-what-ain't-broken' kind of guy, or the type to just be content owning it without actually messing with the organization?

Having been raised in Europe, I understand the FuBball passion, and would hate to see some rich, obnoxious "ugly American" muck things up. Capitalism is great, make a buck if you can, but this is bigger than him... here's hoping it survives.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

So, are the predictions that Man U is the next Queens Park Rangers?

What's strange is that this guy bought shares in the team from two people. It does not seem that this makes the company very "public." According to the math, Glazer now has a 62 percent share of the club. Before that, he had a 33.3 percent share. It also reports that he may have gotten an additional 6.45 percent stake, bringing him up to 68.45 percent of the club.

So, there were four guys who owned two thrids of it. Another association owns 17 percent of the shares, totaling 85-86 percent of the club.

So who owns theother 15 percent of shares in the club? If they are common investors, there is no doubt they'll sell. They're gettign a high price of 300p per share, and they are all spooked that if they don't sell they'll lose money.

This Glazer cat played a good game...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

An American just bought their favorite football (Soccer) team. He just bought Manchester United today. :D I don't think they have been this mad at us since 1776. :ph34r:

Only the Man Utd supporters.

The rest of us (me as a Newcastle supporter especially.) could give two flying f**ks whats going on with their team.;)
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk