kelel01

I need an idea . . .

I need to get away from here, find a new place, find a new job, etc. My life is so very mundane right now.

Has anyone here just picked up and moved? How did you decide where to go? Was it scary? Did it work out?

Has anyone suddenly changed careers? Again, how?

Well sort of....I picked up and left Hampton, VA and moved to Tallahassee, FL. It was a bit nerve racking. Especially with no job. My roomate at the time and I drove down and secured a place to live, then came back to VA. Packed up, and left. Got down there, found a job (retail management) for the time being until I got settled in. Enrolled in schoool, and got on with life. It was tough, but in the long run, a great experience and glad I did it. Been thinking about doing it again sometime, seeing as though I'm back in VA again. This time will be tougher,...own a home, married, jobs, etc...but ya never know.

All I'd say is follow your heart, get your stuff lined up, do some research (don't go blind), and go for it.

Oh, and I'd like to go somewhere like Utah, Colorado, Texas, California, South Carolina . . . anywhere with big cities AND lots of outdoorsy stuff. Snowboarding would be good, but I doubt there's much of that in Texas. :D

I thought you were moving with me to CO??
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I graduated from college in May 2003, and I just started the fourth job I've had since then. 4 jobs in 2 years, ranging from 2 months to just over a year, spanning everything from commodities trading to IT security.

If you don't like what you are doing, make a change. Either try to rearrange your current job to suit your liking, or be proactive and find another one. It's all about what you want to create for yourself.

And yes, I LOVE my two D-rings.

Has anyone here just picked up and moved?

Yes, every 3-4 years... required for my job... military...

How did you decide where to go?

I didn't... this time I had a little more pull... although I'm not really ready to go back to Ohio.

Was it scary?

It can be stressful... You don't know anyone... lose the social net that has been developed at your old home... not to mention the stress of starting a new job. (I'm a bit shy when I meet new people too so that doesn't help much...)

Did it work out?

I suppose... [:/] I'll tell you later... :|... I've more or less just gotten comfortable with a lot of people and I'm moving again this summer...

Has anyone suddenly changed careers?

Not exactly, I was working full time as a cook at a resturant before workind as an Engineer in the Air Force...

Again, how?

How does anything happen... you need to know what you want to do... then make it happen... (it sounds easy... but it isn't usually...)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Come to Canada - the jumping season is shorter but the skiing is great!

You can always get your jumping fix in the winter by heading down with the Canadian Invasion to Eloy.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I have moved from Iran to New York with out a job or money.
Then I moved from NY to RI about 1.5 years ago.
Change is good. It will be difficult at first but you are social and where ever you go there will be DZ close by so you will make friends easy.

If you save up some cash it will be easier you won’t have any anxiety about money and can take your time finding a job you want.

Good luck on whatever you do
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

need to get away from here, find a new place, find a new job, etc. My life is so very mundane right now.

Has anyone here just picked up and moved? How did you decide where to go? Was it scary? Did it work out?

Err - yes. Talk to Katie and I this weekend.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

LMAO. The obvious answers are always right in front of me, aren't they? :D

And Casie, this time I'm purposely not consulting you . . . your circumstances and mine are/would be different. :D Not that I don't think your opinions are valid, just not really applicable. :)

I would, but all the citizenship stuff . . . seems like a lot of trouble. I would absolutely move to B.C., though.

We let lots of Americans in, have done it for years.

Now B.C. is an interesting place and I can see the attraction. They grow this stuff out there... I think its called B.C. Bud :)
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I moved from a small town in Arkansas to Miami, Florida!!! Talk about culture shock!!! I had a good job, decent future with them, great friends... but I went to Miami for vacation, thought it was great, got hme on a Tuesday, quit my job Wednesday, and by Friday morning I was driving to Miami with only the stuff I could pack in my Dodge Neon! I lived there for a year and 1/2 and had a blast, but hated the place. It was very scary, but I'm so glad I did it. :)
You could always come to Florida!!!!! :P:)

Has anyone here just picked up and moved?

Once or twice. :ph34r:

How did you decide where to go?

Except for one time I moved to where the new job was. That one time I moved "back home."

Was it scary?

Of course! That's what makes it fun!

Did it work out?

Depends on how you define "work out." Did I see and experience things I hadn't before? Yup. Do I regret any of the moves? Nope. So I'd say all my moves worked out just fine.

Has anyone suddenly changed careers?

Yup. Went from the automotive industry to the skydiving industry the first time. The last change was from sales/customer service to manufacturing. There will likely be another career change in my future too; the skydiving industry has it's pluses but the minuses (shit pay) are beginning to wear on me...

Do you let Americans work? :D

Not while their enjoying that B.C. Bud :)
My last place of work was crawling with Americans - of course I live in Calgary, the oil capital of Canada so there are a lot of reasons for Americans to be here - Black Gold - Texas TeaB|