UntamedDOG

Should I give my clothes to Good Will?

Hi guys,

I just got through cleaning out my closet and I have about 3 giant piles of clothes that I will never wear again.

I live in an apartment complex and the trash chute is right down the hall. Previous times I have gone through the hassle of carrying every pile of outdated/wornout clothing to my car and gone through this hassle of driving to "Good Will" and carrying it pile at a time and filling out a form.

Is this really worth it? I haven't so much as gotten a "Thank You" from these guys. I know it's a waste and there are needy people out there but should I just throw this shit away? It is so tempting!!!

Thanks for the advice!

UntamedDOG

just take them to a local drop off... forget the form if it's that much of a hassle for you.
knowing they are getting use should be thanks enough.

Thanks for the advice!

uh huh.:S
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

First of all...yes, bring them your extra clothes because it's the right thing to do.

I haven't so much as gotten a "Thank You" from these guys.

Are you bringin' them your dirty socks and underwear? :o:P
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

I have occasionally gotten some really nice stuff from Goodwill or similar thrift stores. For some reason the Northwest seems to have MUCH better thrift stores than any other part of the country. My Mom has gotten some crazy deals. She once got a $300 scarf for $3. :D

Bring your stuff to Goodwill. If you don't care about doing the good deed, at least you will get a tax write-off.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Go for GOODWILL.
SOmetimes I just feel like getting a wood chipper & clearing the house.
(I get hit with Catholic guilt if I did that)

I drop my more worn clothes into a donation box at my daughter's school.

The nicer things I take to a place that sells nicer clothes to make money to put deserving kids through college. If I bring the clothes in clean and on hangars, they send me a letter at the end of the year with a valuation of the items for tax purposes. It works out pretty well.

Either place I think is worth the time.

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!

The "form" is easy breezy to fill out and a hell of a tax right off...do it...it's a win-win to help others by getting rid of your stuff. When I left Colorado to come south, I donated thousands of dollars of my stuff. It's just THAT...stuff. If you aren't emotionally attached to it, get rid of it and you feel "free" of clutter and shit that just doesn't matter.