antifnsocial

How many loves?

I agree.... you may love one person and then maybe be infatuated or attracted to another, but the real trick here is knowing the difference... Love will last a life time, and lust is just, well.... Lust. ;)

Love.... an emotion that hard to describe and even harder to limit or "assign." I feel that to assume that the heart has room for only one is rather simple in thinking.
I'm not refering to passion or lust of infatuation... but rather a deep connection with someone dear to your heart. I have several friends that are / have been more than "friends," rather guides, and mentors in life. Some I've loved as if I've known them for many lifetimes, others have grown close as their personalities revealed .... Are these friends "competing" for the love with my husband? I don't believe so... others might argue. .... But, closing off and forbidding entry to my heart and soul because it's been "given away" is not in line with my beliefs.

just my .02
Karen

I have always thought it changes from person to person.
I believe that one can 'love' many people. Loving is easy. I think it is actually two separate things. To be 'in love' requires someone else to be 'in it' with, a shared thing. You can love someone though and it never necessarily has to be returned. That's why it is so special when that actually happens between two people. :)

Nice sentiments. I think you have some very valid points. I love my wife, but I have a deep and abiding love for several very dear friends. They touch me and guide me and nurture me.

I love many. I sleep with my wife.

Vint
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis

Love.... an emotion that hard to describe and even harder to limit or "assign." I feel that to assume that the heart has room for only one is rather simple in thinking.
I'm not refering to passion or lust of infatuation... but rather a deep connection with someone dear to your heart. I have several friends that are / have been more than "friends," rather guides, and mentors in life. Some I've loved as if I've known them for many lifetimes, others have grown close as their personalities revealed .... Are these friends "competing" for the love with my husband? I don't believe so... others might argue. .... But, closing off and forbidding entry to my heart and soul because it's been "given away" is not in line with my beliefs.

Well, replace the word "husband" with "S.O." and then I'll say: My thoughts exactly..

How many men or women can someone be truly in love with at the same time??

?? :o What do you think?

from my past
(and of course my children)

Depends on the person... I think we can be in love with more than one person, but that's just me... And I don't really believe in the "in love" thing anyway (for me)... So I guess what I'm saying is that we can deeply care about more than one person at once, or be "in lust" with more than one person. ;) I don't think humans are designed to be monogamous creatures, though some of us may choose to be...

I think it's possible to be infactuated with many and flirt, have fun, yet nothing long term comes out of it. However there is only one who has my heart unconditionally forever.

I couldnt have said it better, Rockt my dear. You took the words right out of my mouth!!!!;)