boinky

Things You Learn About Computers From the Movies

1.. All monitors display 2 inch high letters.

2. You never have to use the spacebar when typing long sentences.

3. High-tech computers, such as those used by NASA, the CIA, or some such governmental institution, have easy-to-understand graphical interfaces.

4. You can gain access to any information you want by simply typing "ACCESS ALL OF THE SECRET FILES" on any keyboard.

5. People typing away on a computer will turn it off without saving the data. And it never seems to get lost or deleted

6. A hacker can get into the most sensitive computer in the world before inter- mission and guess the secret password in two tries.

7. Any PERMISSION DENIED has an OVERRIDE function.

8. All computers are connected. You can access the information on the villain's desktop computer, even if it's turned off.

9. Complex calculations and loading of huge amounts of data will be accomplished in under three seconds. In the movies, modems transmit data at two gigabytes per second.

10. When the power plant/missile site/whatever overheats, all the control panels will explode, as will the entire building.

11. If a disk has got encrypted files, you are automatically asked for a password when you try to access it.

12. No matter what kind of computer disk it is, it'll be readable by any system you put it into. All application software is usable by all computer platforms.

13. Most computers, no matter how small, have reality-defying three-dimensional, real-time, photo-realistic animated graphics capability.

14. Computers never crash during key, high-intensity activities. Humans operating computers never make mistakes under stress.

15. Programs are fiendishly perfect and never have bugs that slow down users.
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

HAHAHAAA Thats terrific!

I like the one where all Permission denied thingy's have an override function.... and "access secret files" BWAHAHAAAA

good stuff...:D:D:D

Not only that, but the override function is accessed by simply typing "override."
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

I can't recall the name of the tv show but, the guy was in a sewer and couldn't get out. SO, he whoops out the old lap top and types in 'ACCESS CHARTS OF CITY SEWER SYSTEM' and bingo! He's got it and out of there. :D

Chuck

HHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

"ACCESSING CHARTS OF CITY SEWER SYSTEM"
+ACCESS DENIED
#override
+OVERRIDING
+ACCESS GRANTED
+----------------------------------------
+WELCOME TO CITY SEWER SYSTEM
+OPTIONS:
+1 - LOCK ALL STORM DRAINS
+2 - UNLOCK ALL STORM DRAINS
+-------------------------------------
+UNLOCKING ALL STORM DRAINS

Oh god... Im a genuis, nobody can p0wn m3 w|ff my l33t haX0r 5killz...

"'Someday is not a day in my week'"

sif!! noob ^_^ gratz u win at the interweb

don't forget that all computers can access/interface with alien technology (re:ID4)

sif!! noob ^_^ gratz u win at the interweb

don't forget that all computers can access/interface with alien technology (re:ID4)

Shut thy mouth! No one is supposed to know about the aliens! They got away with my modivation but not my beer & Jagermeister!!

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I can't believe no one has talked about how whatever is on the computer screen with be projected onto the face and body of the person using the computer if they're in a dark room. It won't be a simple light glow, you'll see text and graphics and everything.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

You forgot to mention that computers will one day enslave humanity and attempt to wipe us from the face of the planet

sheesh....that's already happened. Didn't you see the Matrix? Remeber that as soon as any computer gets a working AI it becomes evil and feels the need to kill us. Hmmmm....wonder what that says about Hollywood's interpretation of "intelligence."

Hmmmm....wonder what that says about Hollywood's interpretation of "intelligence."

Don't worry, Hollywood has gone out of their way to prove their lack of intelligence more times then I can count, stories about computers is the least of their concerns there.:o:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

You forgot to mention that computers will one day enslave humanity and attempt to wipe us from the face of the planet

The grandfather of all computer-wipes-out-humanity movies - War Games.

I especially like the part where he hangs up his phone on the 300baud modem and the computer-generated countdown is still clicking away on his screen.
:D