Darius11

Need some serious help for a friend. Is there a Dr. in the house?

My friend has been dating his GF for more then a year about 15 months.

She lives in another country and they see each other about once every two months for the duration of 2-4 weeks. She is out here for 2 months during the summers.

Here is the deal.
She has tested positive for chlamydia. My friend was accused of cheating but he just got his test results back and he is negative.

So here is the questions.
Is it possible or likely that she had this from before they met and my friend has not gotten it even if they have been sexually active with out protection?

Or is the only explanation that she has been sleeping around?

My friend is so in love with her and is/was thinking about marriage has asked me for advice. I just want to be more educated on the issue before I give him my .02

Thank you so much for your help.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

The exact same thing happened to one of my friends. They dated for over a year (didn't use condoms for a major part of that). They broke up. She got her yearly check. She tested positive for chlamydia. He got tested, and it came back negative. He didn't cheat on her, and I don't think she cheated on him.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Much like Herpes or other STDs, I think you can get them from non-sexual contact. I don't think it means someone was fucking around, maybe someone just put their ass on the wrong toilet seat. Also STD's can lay dormant in the system until something (stress or body chemistry change) brings them out. Also just because the guy tested negative doesn't mean he didn't give it to her. It is easier for women to get STD's then men simply put because body fluid (seman)are going IN them, and tearing is more likely to occur on a woman then a man. He could have been a carrier, and the last time they had sex given it to her!

Muff Brother 3723

He could have been a carrier, and the last time they had sex given it to her!

But if he tested negative doesn't that mean he does not have it? Then how could he have given it to her?

How likely is it for someone to get it from a toilet seat?

I am hoping your right and that’s the case.

Thank you

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

maybe someone just put their ass on the wrong toilet seat.

That has to be the absolute BIGGEST old wives tale about STDs. It is completly untrue and quite a few actual studies have been done proving it wrong. Unless you have an open flesh wound on your ass cheek, catching anything from a toliet seat is so astronomically high it is laughable thinking one could catch a STD that way. Don't take my word for it though, reasearch it and find out for your self how absurd and far fetched that myth is.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

That has to be the absolute BIGGEST old wives tale about STDs. It is completly untrue and quite a few actual studies have been done proving it wrong. Unless you have an open flesh wound on your ass cheek, catching anything from a toliet seat is so astronomically high it is laughable thinking one could catch a STD that way. Don't take my word for it though, reasearch it and find out for your self how absurd and far fetched that myth is.

Exactly!:D
Unless he was making out with the toilet bowl!:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Here's some info:
http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/public-health/phb/phbnovdec02.pdf
go to page 242.

Spontaneous clearance can (although rarely) occur. Refer to:

Sex Transm Dis. 2002 Apr;29(4):196-200.

Persistence of Chlamydia trachomatis infection detected by polymerase chain reaction in untreated patients.
Joyner JL, Douglas JM Jr, Foster M, Judson FN.

CONCLUSIONS: In the absence of treatment, a large majority of patients testing positive for C trachomatis by PCR are likely to remain positive for variable periods of time, increasing the risk of transmission and immune-mediated damage.

Hope some of this helps

edit to add that if your friend had a cold/flu and took a ZPack over the past few months, that would treat the chlamydia and thus a negative.

Karen

maybe someone just put their ass on the wrong toilet seat.

Oh why does it hurt when I pee
Don't want no doctor stick no needles in me

I got it from a toilet seat
It reached right up and it grabbed my meat

My balls feel like a pair o'moraccas {rattle-rattle-rattle}
I think I've got the Goonnocacaccas