lightningbugirl

plan b people

I have and I always will. Everyone needs a little back burner boy. >:(

this is reason number 1 why many relationships fail...lack of simple commitment to try

people are not parachutes... you should commit to one at a time, not keep the thought of 'oh well i've got a reserve' in the back of your mind just because youve got a few 'line twists' :S[:/]

this is reason number 1 why many relationships fail...lack of simple commitment to try

people are not parachutes... you should commit to one at a time, not keep the thought of 'oh well i've got a reserve' in the back of your mind just because youve got a few 'line twists'

Very well said.B|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

people are not parachutes... you should commit to one at a time, not keep the thought of 'oh well i've got a reserve' in the back of your mind just because youve got a few 'line twists' :S[:/]

Right on. You said it. :)I give 100% when I like someone.
If people don't like it then they can kiss my ass.
:D;):P:)

Have you ever been seeing someone while you kept/ started a friendship(s) w/ someone you thought would be a good choice for a next relationship while you were still dating someone else? :o

Is that wrong or right in your opinion. Why or why not?

It would be wrong for me. I look at my friends and co-workers over the years and see that the movie I once so resented has validity.

"You know women, mate. Like monkeys, they are - won't let go of one branch until they've got hold of the next."

I know a bunch of women like that.

jen
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

If you're in a committed relationship, then you should be committed to that one. Your man-woman relationship eggs SHOULD be in that basket, it's what being committed means. Not the financial ones, not the friend ones, not the life-outside ones.

If you're just serial dating and not in a committed relationship (and you both agree on this), then no biggie.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

people are not parachutes... you should commit to one at a time, not keep the thought of 'oh well i've got a reserve' in the back of your mind just because youve got a few 'line twists'

Very well said.B|

CAN I HAVE AN AMEN?
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

Ditto sistah! VEry well said...lol:P

These responses are just sad.[:/]
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Quoted once again for emphasis. Right on!
~skysprite

It would be real scary if these people ever chose to marry! :o

Edited to add: Unless they changed this attitude prior to taking the vows, which could very possibly (and hopefully) will happen for them someday. :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

It would be real scary if these people ever chose to marry! :o

Edited to add: Unless they changed this attitude prior to taking the vows, which could very possibly (and hopefully) will happen for them someday. :)

Leopards don't change their spots - if they'll cheat when they're dating, they'll cheat when they're married...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I have and I always will. Everyone needs a little back burner boy.>:(

That back burner boy/girl could well be the cause of Plan A's failure.
The time you spend with them could cause your SO to suspect that you're unfaithful. If that leads to a breakup and you then get it on with Plan B, the Ex will be certain in their mind that you were cheating all along and it will be tough to claim the moral high ground, even if you're innocent.

-
No 'mericans were harmed during the making of this post.

I understand your thoughts on this but, going to plan B is best done once you have figured out WHY plan A did NOT work to begin with.

THEN Whammo: plan B

Leopards don't change their spots - if they'll cheat when they're dating, they'll cheat when they're married...

I think it all depends on the type of relationship you are in. I have CERTAINLY been in relationships that I knew were not going to be long term. Just having fun because I liked that person but they didn't give me butterflies in my stomach and I hadn't met anyone else that did. In that case I just try to keep things light. Then you don't really have to stick to plan A or B. You can also have a C and D too. Nothing wrong with dating as long as you aren't bullshitting the ones you are with. ;)

Nope, I'm living proof that people can change that kind of behaviour. :$

Ok, agreed....short of a *DRASTIC* change, the leopard doesn't usually change it's spots.... how's that?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706