katzurki

Hookahs

So who out here likes to bubble a happy hookah (not to be confused with an omophonous word :P)?

What flavors do you prefer?

We've got a few of them at our DZ. We even have an omen that when our chief swooper looks at the sky and goes to his room to bubble-smoke, the weather is definitely not going to favor jumping any time soon...

They have some REALLY nice ones here in Iraq but they won't let you ship them back to the states. [:/]

Where there is a will, there is a way.

I remember in 98` we had 2 pipeline inspection crews in the middle east. They wanted to BBQ for the 4th of July. Ever try to find a smoker and mesquite trees in the middle of the desert? Problem was we couldn't ship mesquite for cooking purposes to this country. Nor was the smoker allowed. Sooo .. umm we broke the smoker down and called it some inspection tool repair parts and packed it in 800lbs of mesquite chips.

Needless to say it flew through customs no problems. Was even open box inspected in Iran. They just waved it thru because the papers were in order.

So if you really wanted to get something out. Where there is a will, there's a way. :)

edit to add: I am in no way proposing to break the laws of the country you are in or the one you are from. :ph34r:

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Forgot to actually post on the topic. :P

Here in Texas we just call them bongs and smoke hemp. :D If you use Jack Daniels instead of water it adds a nice flavor to the smoke. :)

I wouldn't know anything about this because I do not partake in any type of smoking since April 4th 05`

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Well in Texas I suppose you can call something anything you want to call it, and I would not argue your right to do so. But most of the world considers a huka and a bong 2 different things. A huka has a large bowl, lots of fluid for conditioning the smoke, no carburetor, and usually multiple hoses to facilitate multiple simultaneous users. Using it in a small enclosed room helps. A bong is a single-shot single-user carbureted waterpipe. Kind of like the difference between a group orgy and solo masturbation. I'm sure they know about that in Texas.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Well in Texas I suppose you can call something anything you want to call it, and I would not argue your right to do so. But most of the world considers a huka and a bong 2 different things. A huka has a large bowl, lots of fluid for conditioning the smoke, no carburetor, and usually multiple hoses to facilitate multiple simultaneous users. Using it in a small enclosed room helps. A bong is a single-shot single-user carbureted waterpipe. Kind of like the difference between a group orgy and solo masturbation. I'm sure they know about that in Texas.

Thanks for the consice description of a Hookah. You must be a real fart smeller..

Do me a favor, before you respond to my posts don't take what I say so fucking serious.

My wife used to work at a restaraunt with an Egyptian cook. He was taking a 3 week trip to Egypt (leaving the restaraunt in my wife's hands) so I figured I'd ask him to bring me back an Egyptian Hookah. He did. It's only got one yube to smoke from, but it still is cool. I've never smoked it though. He gave me some apple tobacco to use, I just havent gotten around to it yet. But after this, I might have to break it out.

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

It's only got one yube to smoke from, but it still is cool. I've never smoked it though. He gave me some apple tobacco to use, I just havent gotten around to it yet. But after this, I might have to break it out.

Hooray, I get to spoil somebody!

Seeing as I've never been called a fart smeller, I kept wondering how I qualified. What type of logic, or even irrational mind, connects a description of a huka to being a fart smeller.

Huka describer = fart smelling, . . . don't get it.

Maybe there is no logic. Just take a behavior someone exhibits or admits to, connect it with a strange anatomically based fetish of your choosing, and viola! I think I can play too.

Favor requesting = titty twisting.

That's the ticket. I can now insult with the best of them.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Seeing as I've never been called a fart smeller, I kept wondering how I qualified. What type of logic, or even irrational mind, connects a description of a huka to being a fart smeller.

Huka describer = fart smelling, . . . don't get it.

Maybe there is no logic. Just take a behavior someone exhibits or admits to, connect it with a strange anatomically based fetish of your choosing, and viola! I think I can play too.

Favor requesting = titty twisting.

That's the ticket. I can now insult with the best of them.

You really have alot to learn newb. [:/]