Zep

My price hike

I've just got home after 12.5 hours non stop, repairing domestic air conditioning.
Now with the hot an muggy wheather coming Ive decided to increase my prices
in line with the temperature.

Here in Spain I charge € 30.00 an hour, Parts I put on 15%
plus 1 year guarentee on repairs

What do you pay your A/C repair man

Gone fishing

We are on flat rate pricing. You input your hourly labor rate and enter your price markup and the program prints a price book for you. Example, Condensor fan motor replacement $375.00 I don't care if it takes two hours or 30 minutes, same price. Lots of A/C contractors, electricians, plumbers, auto mechanics, etc are using flat rate pricing now. The customer knows exactly what it will cost before we even start the work.:)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Not quite with you, Your saying it cost you 5 times more trying to fix it yourself.

Well, generally speaking since I have no idea what repair skillz Lawrocket has, most red-blooded American males who try to fix machinery without any actual training and only a vague sense of mechanics often end up buying more parts and possibly creating more damage before the pro gets called in... :D

Thus the added expense.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Thats OK for the bigger contracters they can getaway with it.

I'm a small company an I find it better to charge repairs by the hour.
The customer asks "will it take long" answer Oh 4 hours, get it done in 3
an charge 3, Customer is happy an calls again

New installations are fixed price according to KW (tons)

Gone fishing

most red-blooded American males who try to fix machinery without any actual training and only a vague sense of mechanics often end up buying more parts and possibly creating more damage before the pro gets called in

Horse hockey... Men are born with a natural mechanical ability. It's one of the gifts from god that make men such wonderfull creatures! Take me for example... I can fix anything (my wife doesn't seem to think so), it may take a little longer than it would take a pro, but I just have this tallent. :ph34r:

most red-blooded American males who try to fix machinery without any actual training and only a vague sense of mechanics often end up buying more parts and possibly creating more damage before the pro gets called in

Horse hockey... Men are born with a natural mechanical ability. It's one of the gifts from god that make men such wonderfull creatures! Take me for example... I can fix anything (my wife doesn't seem to think so), it may take a little longer than it would take a pro, but I just have this tallent. :ph34r:

You don't say? :D

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

What do you pay your A/C repair man

About 5 times more than I would have if I'd have called him first instead of trying to fix it myself.>:(

Didn't you learn anything from watching Tim Allen's ""Home Improvement"?;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

most red-blooded American males who try to fix machinery without any actual training and only a vague sense of mechanics often end up buying more parts and possibly creating more damage before the pro gets called in...
Horse hockey... Men are born with a natural mechanical ability. It's one of the gifts from god that make men such wonderfull creatures! Take me for example... I can fix anything (my wife doesn't seem to think so), it may take a little longer than it would take a pro, but I just have this tallent.

I've been pretty lucky I guess; I've repaired a washing machine that a repairman told me was done for, two refridgerators (having to take one completely apart), a clothes dryer (twice), a home heating unit, a 2-ton A/C, several cars, several small appliances, and on and on. The only thing I don't really fuck with is electricity (like power boxes). That's where my luck has ran out on prior occasions so I stay away.

I've also repaired countless computers. My line of work has absolutely nothing to do with any of this, I'm just mechanically inclined, albeit sometimes lazy.

When it's a job too big, I don't pay big bucks either. I find someone that I know.

david
--------------------------------------------------
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail

I have fixed a water-damaged BlackBerry phone, a few TV sets, a VCR, a couple of Nintendo's, a Dell laptop (had to completely disassemble), a folding keyboard, a high-end alarm clock, two remote controls (with a soldering iron)...

Although I stay away from refrigerators, dishwashers and dryers... Not my territory.

Ohh yea well - One time, I rewired an entire airplane... it was in flight, at night, out on the wing, and it was raining. i had to shimmy out onto the wing with the soldering iron inbetween my teeth. The pilot light blew out so I had to relight off the jet. beat that.

Ohh yea well - One time, I rewired an entire airplane... it was in flight, at night, out on the wing, and it was raining. i had to shimmy out onto the wing with the soldering iron inbetween my teeth. The pilot light blew out so I had to relight off the jet. beat that.

I changed a light bulb once.:P
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity