Andy9o8

Skydiving cats

I've got 10 bucks for any one that drops a cat out of a plane at 13000' and gets video of it in FF. The cat has to live through it though.

Damn. Can you imagine the havoc a dead-on spot was cause? A pissed off cat landing in the packing area?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Now the real question is what would be the terminal velocity of the cat and once that is calculated could the physical structure of the pussy withstand the impact???

about 60mph, and yes:)

I've got 10 bucks for any one that drops a cat out of a plane at 13000' and gets video of it in FF. The cat has to live through it though.:P

Hey, should you -really- be trying to upstage the first BirdMan landing? :o

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Now the real question is what would be the terminal velocity of the cat and once that is calculated could the physical structure of the pussy withstand the impact???

about 60mph, and yes:)

I've got 10 bucks for any one that drops a cat out of a plane at 13000' and gets video of it in FF. The cat has to live through it though.:P

and I've got a Gray & Nichols Willow bat that's waiting for them I catch 'em:)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

I've got 10 bucks for any one that drops a cat out of a plane at 13000' and gets video of it in FF. The cat has to live through it though.

Damn. Can you imagine the havoc a dead-on spot was cause? A pissed off cat landing in the packing area?

I cant stop laughing great visual... I can see our DZO freaking out..:D:D:ph34r::ph34r::D:D:D:D
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

(Originally posted in the cat peeing on rig thread but it somehow disappeared...):S

Interesting fact about cats landing on their feet (must be true I read it on the internet):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you drop a buttered piece of bread, it will fall on the floor butter-side down. If a cat is dropped from a window or other high and towering place, it will land on its feet. But what if you attach a buttered piece of bread, butter-side up to a cat's back and toss them both out the window? Will the cat land on its feet? Or will the butter splat on the ground?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And in response, thus spoke the Oracle:

Even if you are too lazy to do the experiment yourself you should be able to deduce the obvious result. The laws of butterology demand that the butter must hit the ground, and the equally strict laws of feline aerodynamics demand that the cat can not smash its furry back. If the combined construct were to land, nature would have no way to resolve this paradox. Therefore it simply does not fall.

That's right, you clever mortal (well, as clever as a mortal can get), you have discovered the secret of antigravity! A buttered cat will, when released, quickly move to a height where the forces of cat-twisting and butter repulsion are in equilibrium. This equilibrium point can be modified by scraping off some of the butter, providing lift, or removing some of the cat's limbs, allowing descent.

Most of the civilized species of the Universe already use this principle to drive their ships while within a planetary system. The loud humming heard by most sighters of UFOs is, in fact, the purring of several hundred tabbies.

The one obvious danger is, of course, if the cats manage to eat the bread off their backs they will instantly plummet. Of course the cats will land on their feet, but this usually doesn't do them much good, since right after they make their graceful landing several tons of red-hot starship and pissed-off aliens crash on top of them.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Oh Crap!Now there will be some damn fool to test out your theory?Thinking your probably right on cat falling at terminal?Humm,no reason why a harness,cyprees and a round can't be configured to test your theory?Alot of work!Plus,you gotta get it on film!(lol)

This was one of the funniest Radio Shows I have ever listened to.

From Neil Boortz:
Let's go back about 14 years. I was working at a much smaller radio station then and wasn't syndicated. I told my listeners that I had learned of an interesting competition that was going to take place "at an airport south of Atlanta." It was the Georgia Cat Chasing Championships. The purpose was to choose a champion to send to the national contest a month later.

Cat chasing, for those of you who don't know, is the sport of cramming about eight skydivers and one cat into an airplane. When you get to 10,000 feet you toss the cat out. The skydivers then pile out and go after the cat. Whoever lands with the cat is the winner.

To make a long story short … we spent about four weeks promoting the show. I had guests come by for quick appearances. Past champions, judges, sponsors and contestants.

On the day of the "competition" we did a "live" remote broadcast. I sat in the studio with a cast of about five people and about 60 sound effects. We had crowd noise, helicopters, the sounds of screaming cats, airplanes, parachutes opening, wind noise … you name it.

We had a chain saw used to get a cat out of a tree. We had the sound of an uncaught cat falling through the air.

Let me tell you, we gave the audience one helluva show. We had county sheriffs all over South Georgia rushing to their local airports afraid that this competition was going on in their jurisdictions. What fun we had!

At the end of the show we told those listeners who hadn't figured things out that it was all a spoof. We then produced a tape of the show and sold it for $10 a hit. The total proceeds went to the Fund for Animals. We raised thousands.

Well – we didn't go to quite the same lengths yesterday. All I did was mention the contest and my participation. Amazingly – many people bought it.

Here's the latest e-mail tally as of 6:00 a.m.:

E-mails telling me they laughed their butts off: 239

E-mails telling me they would never listen to my show again: 67

E-mails telling me they were going to call all my sponsors and organize boycotts: 21

E-mails from affiliate station managers telling me they were getting demands that my show be dropped: 2
E-mails from cat-haters who wished the whole story was true: 5

I worry that you people are going to be experimenting on cats.

Actually, when I was a kid, my friend's family had a few cats, and my friend decided to do some 'experiments'. The first one, we named 'demon drop', after an amusement park ride back in Ohio. My friend would catch the cat by the hind legs as it was trying to run away, swing it back through is legs, and sling it way up in the air. The cat would flip head over tail until it started to come back down, at which point it would get stable, then land on it's feet.

The second experiment was how low could we drop it (starting on it's back) and land on it's feet. This was what was really amazing - with only about 2" to fall, the cat was able to twist around and land on it's feet.

It was really amazing. Wish I had it on video... hey, wait a minute, my neighbor has a cat! :)
Jeff
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

The second experiment was how low could we drop it (starting on it's back) and land on it's feet. This was what was really amazing - with only about 2" to fall, the cat was able to twist around and land on it's feet.

i can attest that this experiment does in fact work

i mean, hey, you get bored as a little kid sometimes...;)