jfields

Terminal Velocity of a Cat

a) How the f@#$ did you come up with that link so quickly? (You sicko...;))

b) This research suggests that 95% of cats would survive freefall from altitude...:)

c) Nevermind skyballs/spaceballs. We could freefly with a live cat....:P

in a wingsuit, doing endless spirals, maybe..... can you do 60mph while freeflying??? :o

Remember that cats have extra skin under their arms (kinda like 70yo Waffle House waitresses except without the cigarette). Once they relax, they spread out their legs. The extra underarm skin acts like a camera suit wing and they cup air. They slow way down. Plus they get extra drag from the fur.

I guess there might be a risk of the cat tracking into another groups air space then?:P What is the exit separation for a cat and can you use the 45 degree rule?!! :PB|

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

What is the exit separation for a cat and can you use the 45 degree rule?!!

No.

You have to use time and the 45 degree rule, or borrow some fleas from Kallend.

Now do the cats exit BEFORE the belly-flyers?

Being a BirdMan, I hope to have as much separation as possible from the cats. [:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

A better one is "If you attached a cat to a Vector Tandem Drogue and chucked it out at 3500 AGL, how many times would it climb the bridle, collapse the drouge, fall off causing the bridle to stretch out and re-inflate the drouge, before it hit the ground?"

"Now how about with Strong Tandem Drogue?"

bwaha
Bwahaha
BWAHAHAHAHA!
Breathe Jim, breathe....

Damn that was good, jp. :)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

What is the exit separation for a cat and can you use the 45 degree rule?!!

No.

You have to use time and the 45 degree rule, or borrow some fleas from Kallend.

Now do the cats exit BEFORE the belly-flyers?

Being a BirdMan, I hope to have as much separation as possible from the cats. [:/]

Yes, I can see how that could be catastrophic...

:D:D:D:D

Sorry - some jokes are inevitable...:)

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

It just occurred to me what an arch a cat can manage. I'm thinking sub 100, easy.

I just called my buddy, and he has a small animal cage he said I can borrow for this experiment. Now I gotta find a stray cat and a pilot that'll take part in this. I'll have someone dump the cat out of the cage while I'm on the step, then I'll chase. I might have to give the cat some weight though... gotta figure out how to rig it though.

Tying stuff to it's tail doesn't work - already tried that many times. :D Then again, the cat might get hurt if we weight it down... hmmm.

J

ps- yes, I'll post video. Might not be able to get the appropriate people together this weekend, but likely next weekend. :D:D:D This is gonna be great! :D:D:D
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

My cat is 20 years old and she's about to go. She's blind and deaf so she probably wouldn't even notice what was going on until we chucked her out the door. It'll save me the the $80 to put her down. Anyone want to find out the actual terminal velocity of a cat?

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."

It just occurred to me what an arch a cat can manage. I'm thinking sub 100, easy.

I just called my buddy, and he has a small animal cage he said I can borrow for this experiment. Now I gotta find a stray cat and a pilot that'll take part in this. I'll have someone dump the cat out of the cage while I'm on the step, then I'll chase. I might have to give the cat some weight though... gotta figure out how to rig it though.

Tying stuff to it's tail doesn't work - already tried that many times. :D Then again, the cat might get hurt if we weight it down... hmmm.

J

ps- yes, I'll post video. Might not be able to get the appropriate people together this weekend, but likely next weekend. :D:D:D This is gonna be great! :D:D:D

That's fugged up don't do that,>:(
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?