soarfree

What pranks have you fallen prey to in skydiving?

On my last jump on Sunday I was pushed out of the plane in the middle of the exit count. It was hilarious!! :D

I probably should mention it was payback for taking Dougiefresh for a roll in freefall the day before. :)

So what's happened to you or what have you done to others while skydiving?

Well behaved women rarely make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

just the usual... working real hard to make a sit dock and have someone grab my foot and take me out...
mostly taking out type stuff... its funny when they get the look on your face in a video! :D
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Last weekend my very own boyfriend got me pretty good.
There was a group of us doing like a 6 way freefly, he was the next group. So my group is in the door getting all set up and I hear the ready set go. Some of us go and some don't, it was a little zoo-y. :)I get down and he is laughing his ass off, he had given the ready set go from inside the plane! I had to laugh too, it was pretty funny :D

There is always the dumping someone out of a formation at 6 or 7 grand :D It didnt happen to me...but i was part of a dive for a good friend and we did it to her B|
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Ohh that reminds me of another story...a group did that to someone, damn i wish I could remember where i heard that. They did the ready set go...dude left, and the rest just stayed there and watched him go :D by himself.

I had that happen on a two way, im waiting for them to give the count, and they just left...ahh to be a newbee again :ph34r:
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

That reminds of another one...and hmm...my boyfriend was involved in this one too.
It was someone's 1000 jump, it was a little crappy out so they were just going to jump from the 182 not from full altitude. So they are all climbed out of the door, someone gives the count, and only Curtis (jump #1000) left, the rest stayed on the step. :)A little bit cruel, but pretty damn funny too :D

I've heard that it's a quasi-tradition to dump someone at 10 grand for their 1000th. I think I'll keep mine on the DL when the time comes. :D

ive not heard that, but funny none the less.:D

I have seen video of a guy flying his girl friend around the sky by grabbing her from behind, while head down then flocking all over the sky, hilarious!
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I like filling up peoples cells of their canopies with shredded toilet paper when they get new canopies. When they open they think the canopy exploded. Not really, don't do it to a newbie but it's funny to do to someone that won't freak out and chop it.

B|

I got spanked once. :$ The organizer was giving me grief (in a friendly supportive way!) for not getting into the formations, and being too timid on my approach. Well, we were doing an 8 way and I was just getting ready to dock, but I guess he decided I took too long so he flew behind me, pulled me out of it and spanked my ass! Its a shame it wasn't on video because it was really funny! (everyone tells me the look on my face and his as he snuck around me were priceless!)

I got spanked once. :$ The organizer was giving me grief (in a friendly supportive way!) for not getting into the formations, and being too timid on my approach. Well, we were doing an 8 way and I was just getting ready to dock, but I guess he decided I took too long so he flew behind me, pulled me out of it and spanked my ass! Its a shame it wasn't on video because it was really funny! (everyone tells me the look on my face and his as he snuck around me were priceless!)

This has got to be the funniest one. Being spanked in freefall!

Ok..this one time..at band camp.. ;)

Got a mean prank pulled on me not long ago. Myself and HippyBill were going to do a 2-way FF. An 'un-named suspect' asked if he could go along. This person is an amazing flyer so of course we said yes! (Not to mention hella fun in free fall!)..

Exit Plan: Free-fly meiker (spl)...grab whatever you can..just make sure it's not handles...

Well..Bill and I decide to still plan a nice exit.

So...we are both going to face off outside float and do a free flown sit exit. Well, just about then..The *SUSPECT* yells "BY THE WAY THERE IS NO COUNT!" and grabs us by our lift webbing and pushes us out from the inside...We are flailing uncontrollably all together..FUN! SOOOO...Once the suspect lets go of us, we all face off in a sit campfire just as the suspect rolls over with this 'OH SHIT!!' look in his face while holding a cut away handle like a sword in his hands!!

At this time I freaking go nutz!!!! I look down at the suspects rig...his cut away handle is in place! I look at Bills rig...(you should see my face at this time)...and HIS IS THERE!!

oh good GAWD I'm petrafied at this moment in time!!!!! I start checking mine in an uncontrollable panic mode just praying that somehow I'm hallucinating...sure enough..mine is there too!

WAIT!!!

*LOST AT THIS TIME*

The entire dive I'm re-checking..trying to figure out who got their handle pulled!...

Well...needless to say...end of story: *SUSPECT* lands laughing his ass off...and come to find out..a packer had heard the suspects exit plan (free fly meiker) and had snuck a spare cut-away handle on the plane and passed it along to him before exit. The suspect then shoved it up his jump suit and proceeded to play the harshest prank on an innocent lil skydiver....ME!

:D

*Edited to add DISCLAIMER: This is not a wise trick to play on someone new or spaztastic...luckily I checked first instead of going to my reserve. Some people can handle certain jokes/pranks and not over react....keep that in mind if you decide to try this.

I was on a five way rw jump once where, without me knowing, the whole plan of the dive was to fruit loop me and then I got rodeoed! It was funny because I was trying to jump the plan they had shown me. It was really funny because the whole plane knew their plan except me. I kept wondering why everyone was laughing. I'm so easy to play a joke on!

You know what, I still owe them for that. I can't wait to get ideas from this thread! Hahaha:D:)

Danielle

"Life is either a great adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

Ohh that reminds me of another story...a group did that to someone, damn i wish I could remember where i heard that. They did the ready set go...dude left, and the rest just stayed there and watched him go by himself.

That could have been me telling you that we did that to a guy at WFFC on the skyvan. We all stood on the tail gate and flipped him off as he was looking up at the plane:ph34r:

One prank that happened to me, some guys said they wanted practice on diving out and docking, and they asked me to lay base. Okay, but when one of the guys docked, he just wrapped himself around me and we started the fast tumble. I decided to give him a little taste of what he was doing to me, so I grab hold of him for dear life and didn't let go. I could see my alti, but he couldn't see his. Needless to say he started to panic and couldn't get away till I let him loose. He learned his lesson about trying to take me low:ph34r:

Another one:

I don't know if you would call it a prank, but two of my "good friends" at WFFC had a great idea.

"Do a rodeo jump Mar, and then deploy off his back, I'll get it all on video."

I'm never going to do that againB|
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

What da hayl is a froot loop!!! I need to know! And soon! :D

Fruit Loops are a surprise and should never be revealed until executed!B|

Eggggzaktly! B|

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?