Zep

Magic roundabout

I just got hold of some Magic roundabout tapes.
My kids loved them, but just did'nt get it
Ahh the innocence of youth

Boing......... "time for bed" said Zebadee
"I'm cumming" said Florance.

Gone fishing

no idea what you are talking about, but i do know roundabouts are fun,,,,,, always loved to see how much i could squish my friends into the side of the car by going around them like 5 tims when i lived in germany, i miss trafic circles (raoundabouts) they jut don't have them much here in the u.s.

they jut don't have them much here in the u.s.

Come to New England - they're all over the place. I love watching out-of-towners freak out when they get to them :D:ph34r:

Jen

I said Magic ROUNDABOUT you FLYAGARIC/SILICYBIN person you:S:D:D

Gone fishing

You'd have to be British to know what I'm talking about.

Basically it was a kids television show way back,
an the script writers went over the top with double meanings an inuendos

More adults than kids watched the show.

Gone fishing

More adults than kids watched the show.

I think thats the case with lots of kids shows. Hey, its got adult actors who are tired of talking down to the kids - being a grown up you get the double meanings that the kids miss ;)

Jen
Arianna Frances

OMG! (first roundabout picture). I spent two years in Scotland, and was given a car right off the plane (no instruction). Within 10 minutes, I hit a round about and had _no_ idea what to do.

It took about a month to get right hand turns correct (...I'd always end up in the wrong lane). Will never forget the screams of some natives riding with me shortly after I came into the country...

Likewise, never knew it was illegal to undertake, until I did it to a young cop in Edinburgh. That's the meanest a cop has _ever_ been to me. His partner was older, and had been to America. So, he let young cop chew me out, then told me how things were different in Scotland.

BTW - Black Adder rocked!
We are all engines of karma

For those of you across the puddle who have no idea what I'm talking about

The Magic Roundabout

The story begins in Paris, 1963 when a working animator Serge Danot devised and wrote a French children's animation TV programme. He teamed up with Ivor Wood in 1965 in order to complete and produce the original French series; Le Manège Enchanté. On selling the first 11 episodes to Ortf, they found that they had a huge hit on their hands but Danot's family and Ivor continued to work in a derelict Parisian house - as its success in France was so immediate (Ivor Wood later became famous for his Paddington Bear, Wombles and Postman Pat creations).

The BBC rejected the French series a couple of times as they felt it was just too weird! But in 1965 they finally agreed to buy the series on the understanding that they would have to change a lot in order that the English would understand it. Eric Thompson (Emma's father) who was a Playschool presenter at the time was asked to voice this weird French series in a particularly British way. The much-loved and often far-fetched stories were recorded off-the-cuff by Eric whose inspired imagination led him to merely turn down the sound on the original French series and make the stories up as he went along. It was an instant success largely due to the fact that it was on just before the 6 O'clock News which attracted a large adult audience who enjoyed the surreal storylines. Many of the charming anecdotes in the programme include stories behind both the French and English characters: Dougal and Ermintrude were said to be comments on French-Anglo relations at the time; the cynical Dougal was based on Tony Hancock; and that the stoned hippy Dylan was based on the American folk singer, Bob Dylan.

Time Shift's story continues as it follows the cultural phenomenon of The Magic Roundabout during the 1970's through to the news that Hollywood is turning it into a feature film starring the voices of Robbie Williams and Kylie Minogue.

The Magic Roundabout continues to this day to be one of the most successful television animation series of all time.

Gone fishing

Ah, the good childrens shows. Thanks for bringing that up. I've got the theme in my head now, which should make for some interesting dreams.

My favorites...

The Wombles
The Clangers
Mr. Benn
Noah and Nelly
Roobarb
Wacky Races
Bagpuss

Oh, any idea what zebedee actually was? :)

I think the roundabout (medium) attachment is the roundabout just outside Swindon County Court. I've not seen another like that anywhere in the UK. It's insain!

I didn't even know what the hell to do with it and I was driving to Court to represent someone in road traffic accident proceedings. :S

think the roundabout (medium) attachment is the roundabout just outside Swindon County Court. I've not seen another like that anywhere in the UK. It's insain!

Pretty sure it is... I remember driving through it a few months after moving to England! :S:D
Remster

Ah, the good childrens shows. Thanks for bringing that up. I've got the theme in my head now, which should make for some interesting dreams.

My favorites...

The Wombles
The Clangers
Mr. Benn
Noah and Nelly
Roobarb
Wacky Races
Bagpuss

Oh, any idea what zebedee actually was? :)

Ok, I agree on the Wombles and Clangers. I kind of liked Bagpuss too.

Zebedee? Just some well sprung guy.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

What about the,

Wooden tops ( Flobalob little weed)

Sara an Hoppity

Ahh, It was all so long ago

Ummm: "flobalobb" was Bill and Ben the Flowerpot Men www.nostalgiacentral.com/tv/kids/billandben.htm

I was just about to bring up Bill and Ben. Now I've got to thinking about some of the "older" shows....Porridge, all the Black Adders, Morecambe and Wise.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/testcards/gallery/testcardf.shtml

I seem to remember seeing that as much as anything. Jeez, I'm feeling terribly nostalgic now.

Yeah, the Black Adders were hilarious. I wish they'd show them more over here. I might just have to look for them on DVD.

I never did like Benny hill, and it seems that 90% of the people that say "oh, you're English", immediately follow it up with "Benny Hill, hahaha". There were SOOO many better programs. [:/]

Emma.