wildblue

Swooping on The Today show

I just don't like the way it's phrased.

I never feel I'm dead when I'm skydiving. If you wanna feel that way, that's cool. To each his own.

I just don't feel that I have died and re-vived myself over 650 times. That just isn't how I look at it.

Just my opinion.

Clint

I just caught the piece on NBC. Not too bad. The reporter said some good things, the interviews with the swoopers were good and the footage was good. But I didn't like what the male anchor and that bitch Katie Courac (sp?) said at the very end. The male anchor seemed perplexed why baseball was removed from the Olympics (can you say because it's boring to watch) and didn't understand why we swoopers do what we do. That's okay, I surely don't swoop to impress the clowns at NBC. I swoop because it's fun and it makes me feel alive. :)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

and didn't understand why we swoopers do what we do.

Dude, some people in the skydiving community don't understand why you do what you do, why the hell would you expect different from a whuffo? :D

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

and didn't understand why we swoopers do what we do.

Dude, some people in the skydiving community don't understand why you do what you do, why the hell would you expect different from a whuffo? :D

now that's a hell of a good point! nicely done...

and canuck is right...baseball is boring as hell to watch. :D not to mention that if you actually go to a game, it'll cost you 50 bucks without the ticket! :S
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

I missed it, but my Mom called me on my way to work this morning to tell me all about it. She loved it! It was fun hearing the pride in her voice as she mentioned stuff like hop and pops and canopy size, things that she is familiar with from my jumping.

Danielle

"Life is either a great adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

I swoop because it's fun and it makes me feel alive. :)

That is one reason add in the thrill of just jumpin out of a ""perfectly good airplane"" playing in the sky with your friends..can't beat it!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be the change you wish to see in the world!

i guess i started a thread in the wrong forum.. whoops.. anyway i was watching it this morning with the girls that i nanny for and they were like "whoaaa thats so cooooool..." they are six and nine years old and already i have them biting on the idea ;) ... their mom is so thrilled... can't help myself :)... granted i am ions away from swooping but it gave me an extra kick in the ass to keep goin ;)
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

Personally, I don't feel that we are dead until we "save our life". I have never liked that way of seeing it.

I love this comment, "Being dead until you save your own life by pulling."

Everytime you approach a red light with cars stopped ahead of you, you "Save your life" by pushing the horizontal pedal in the middle (or on the left if you drive an automatic) but no one thinks that is suicidal.

Just my 2 cents,
Mark Klingelhoefer

It's like saying:

"You are dead until you breath air."

If that were the case, I cheated death ("saved my own life") a couple 100,000 times today.

OOOOOO......... I'm living life on the edge!!!

Give me a break. I just think people who view skydiving in this fashion are too concerned about thinking they're on the edge when they're not.

There's 2 more pennies.

Clint
D-24352

I just think people who view skydiving in this fashion are too concerned about thinking they're on the edge when they're not.

Some maybe. Others of us are tired of the "Cypres Generation" mentality that continualy keeps wondering why they are fucking themselves up and dying.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Well, I don't count on my cypres, but I see your point. I know there are people who think their cypres will save them no matter what, but I'm not one of them.

As for you saying, "believe it". I don't and won't. I have my view of the sport and you have yours.

I also think it's a bad impression to give people that may want to try skydiving.

I would have loved being told on my first jump:

"When you leave that plane, you are dead. . . . . Now, Enjoy your jump!!!!"

Sounds pretty stupid to me.

Anyway, it's my opinion and I am sure I am not alone on this.

Clint

PS. I did record it and will see what I can do about getting it to you. I am out of town, but will try next week. I loved your comment about being "slightly disturbed". Take care.