Stiner

Airports with free wireless internet

I ended up at the airport painfully early today, so I broke out my laptop and figured there had to be something on there to entertain me for a while. When I booted up I realized that I had a wireless connection. TIA offers free wireless internet anywhere in the airport!

Do a lot of airports do this now? In the past, I remember seeing designated places where you could plug in, but you had to pay.

West Palm Beach had it too. At least I was able to get some work done on my 3 hour delay.

Did you see on the news this morning that our airport here in West Palm also has A/C when you walk thru security..a "burst of cool air"...the spot they showed was hilarious...it was like a "Gee your hair smell terrific" commercial!:ph34r:

Did you see on the news this morning that our airport here in West Palm also has A/C when you walk thru security..a "burst of cool air"...the spot they showed was hilarious...it was like a "Gee your hair smell terrific" commercial!:ph34r:

A/C!?!?!? WOW!!!! Next thing you know they'll put in running water and indoor toilets! ;)

A/C!?!?!? WOW!!!! Next thing you know they'll put in running water and indoor toilets! ;)

:D:DOMG..that was funny as hell...seriously, they put a BURST of cool air in the security as you walk thru:ph34r: We're so stupid here in West Palm..next thing ya know, they'll have your shoes shined as we walk thru security:ph34r:

BDL (Hartford, CT) is free, and one or two others I've been to in the last year, trying to remember which... Sometimes you can pick up a signal from cafes like starbucks or nearby hotels, but they are usually for pay only.

Several places like ohare don't have totally free internet but a handful of air traffic & weather related sites for free and the rest for pay.

Very often I've seen the ones that are for pay don't offer encryption B|
My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Lebowski?