Skolls081102

Whats up with Speakers Corner????

Not more than a week or two ago, I posted a new thread that I was happy I had crossed 300 New Threads without going into Speakers Corner. I just looked today, and the numbers are 26691 New Threads and 108228 New Posts. What the hell happened in there???? I'm still not going in there. It's a dark, scary place.

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

I don't know. I made the mistake myself of posting there a few weeks ago. It can be very informative and entertaining, but I'm not cut out for it that's for sure. Much too sensitive and thinned skinned I am.
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

Not more than a week or two ago, I posted a new thread that I was happy I had crossed 300 New Threads without going into Speakers Corner. I just looked today, and the numbers are 26691 New Threads and 108228 New Posts. What the hell happened in there???? I'm still not going in there. It's a dark, scary place.

I regularly boost the count quite a bit higher. All I have to do is post anything using the word "Muslim". It's kind of like using the word "Negro". The attack sharks seem to swarm from nowhere!:)

Walt

Folks,

Even if you dread the very thought of going into Speakers Corner because of the evil spirits who lurk there, you might be really surprised at the well-informed and thoughtful posts that you see there.

AlexCrowley is one of the really good ones.

Most people around here probably don't know this, but Alex is a pro wrestler. (scroll down a little ways and look for Alex Crowley)

He's one of many people in Speakers Corner that have plenty of intelligent things to say and are very worthwhile reading.

I, on the other hand, am one of the evil spirits whose sole purpose in Speakers Corner is to start riots.

Walt

p.s. I don't mean to embarrass or intrude, Alex, but you are a public figure of sorts, and a genuinely interesting guy.

I, on the other hand, am one of the evil spirits whose sole purpose in Speakers Corner is to start riots.

I wouldn't brag about that being my claim to fame if I were you. Three dedicated human beings spend a lot of time cleaning up the mess in SC that results from people stirring the pot just to stir it. Intentionally wasting their time and aggravating other posters seems a rather useless trademark.
Arrive Safely

John

I wouldn't brag about that being my claim to fame if I were you. Three dedicated human beings spend a lot of time cleaning up the mess in SC that results from people stirring the pot just to stir it. Intentionally wasting their time and aggravating other posters seems a rather useless trademark.

Make me a greenie!!!

Walt

>TheAnvil
>Don't you like the sight of that?

You could do TheAnvil discussion board! Set you and Walt up as moderators. We could even put links to it here. Or you could do it as a Slashdot self-moderated system; that way everyone could be a moderator once in a while.

What a splendid idea! Think of all the cool forums I could have:

- Why I hate TheAnvil
- Short Jokes
- JACKASS trivia
- Tequila Trivia

Bill - you might be onto something there!

B|
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

I regularly boost the count quite a bit higher. All I have to do is post anything using the word "Muslim". It's kind of like using the word "Negro". The attack sharks seem to swarm from nowhere!

Any idea what kind of response you would get with, "Negro Muslim"?

For added viewing pleasure, may I suggest you include "Gay", "Gun Totin' ", or "Bush Loving". Might as well stir with the big spoon.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

I regularly boost the count quite a bit higher. All I have to do is post anything using the word "Muslim". It's kind of like using the word "Negro". The attack sharks seem to swarm from nowhere!

Any idea what kind of response you would get with, "Negro Muslim"?

For added viewing pleasure, may I suggest you include "Gay", "Gun Totin' ", or "Bush Loving". Might as well stir with the big spoon.

I try to be slightly less subtle than nuclear weapons (but just a little bit!).

And besides, rather than be obvious by using the term "Negro Muslim", all I would need to do is mention Louis Farrakhan.

Walt

Damn, just after I spent a day posting inflamatory and unthoughtful statements for my own amusement.

On the other hand we sold out a show last night, I unvieled my latest 'aquisition' and we made a bunch of people cry and three people in the audience tried to kill me and had to be stopped by security. SCORE!!

[ignores slightly uncomfortable in-the-spotlight feeling]

I guess Walt is right though, he is one of the evil spirits whose sole purpose in Speakers Corner is to start riots.
:D

TV's got them images, TV's got them all, nothing's shocking.

inrep to:-Three dedicated human beings spend a lot of time cleaning up the mess in SC

Your post really aggravated me and I've made a big mess.:ph34r:
It's gonna take more than 3 humans to clean this one up.:D

Sorry....:P too much fun in SC but the Bonfire 's not much different.

>TheAnvil
>Don't you like the sight of that?

You could do TheAnvil discussion board! Set you and Walt up as moderators. We could even put links to it here. Or you could do it as a Slashdot self-moderated system; that way everyone could be a moderator once in a while.

Wait a minute!!!!
I've been lobbying to have my own forum to moderate for months now! What did I get for it? A brand new avatar! (Not that I didn't enjoy my "specialness", HH, but something more skygodly would be more in line with the respect I commend).
So should there be an Anvil forum, I should be the moderator! Case closed.:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

>So should there be an Anvil forum, I should be the moderator!

We'll let you two duke it out. Not sure if it should be a drinking contest or a basketball one-on-one competition.

I'll outjump him off a ladder any given drunken night! He can go PCA, I'll take a 2 secs delay!:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Oh no way dude! I INVENTED B(L)ASE jumping!

B|

Last time I saw you performing such stunt, you had a premature deployment...;)