Remster

Time to lay the cowbell asside boys and girls...

You know a joke is past its prime when it gets on TV...

During the Canadian Idol show yesterday (yeah... as if any other show wouldnt be as lame... but wait:) hosted by Ben Molroney (avid political annalists here will recognize the name as the son of our ex-prime minister Brian) said, before a commercial break (I'm paraphrasing):

Hang on, coz we'll be right back with more cowbell.

The joke is dead people.... let it be. :P

EDIT: the TV was on in the background by the way... I'm not admitting to watching that show :P;)
Remster

During the Canadian Idol show yeaterday (yeah... as if any other show wouldnt be as lame... but wait:) hosted by Ben Molroney (avid political annalists here will recognize the name as the son of our ex-prime minister Brian) said, before a commercial break (I'm paraphrasing):

Hang on, coz we'll be right back with more cowbell.

The joke is dead people.... let it be. :P

EDIT: the TV was on in the background by the way... I'm not admitting to watching that show :P;)

Say it ain't so![:/]

Chuck

Considering that it started on a Saturday Night Live skit...I'm surprised there wasn't a movie. It seems like anytime SNL makes a remotely funny joke they run it into the ground and start digging.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

speaking of motley crue... did anyone else stoop as low as me last night and watch "tommy lee goes to college"????

what gets even worse is not only did i watch it but i thoroughly enjoyed it:o
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

And the award for the most unnecessary use of the cowbell in a song goes to...

...drumroll....

"Live Wire" by Motley Crue.

:|

[B]UNNECESSARY?! F*CKING UNF*CKINGNEF*CKINGCESSARY?!?[/B] Are you insane?!? :S That was one of the most insidiously brilliant moments in musical engineering EVER! Do you have ANY idea how many times I've sat through that WHOLE song JUST to hear those four notes of cowbell?!

.....And yes. I'm fascinated by shiny objects as well.
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

Obviously you haven't been to many strip clubs

Quite right as in never. Why should I go to a strip club when the Holiday Boogie is around the corner? 'Nuff said.

I feel cheap, used, objectified and degraded... Again Again Again

Remi, glad that I could help ya out this morning;)

speaking of motley crue... did anyone else stoop as low as me last night and watch "tommy lee goes to college"????

No way could I bring myself to watch that! It's like knowing in advance that there is going to be a train wreck and going to the site with lawn chairs and a cooler. It just seems wrong to intentionally witness that kind of injury to humanity's soul.

Walt

Erm. I don't get it. Is it an American thing?

On the show Saturday Night Live a while back, they did a skit with Christopher Walken in which he played a record producer.

Some of the cast guys played the part of the 80's band Blue Oyster Cult, and IMO did a really brilliant job of it. Will Ferrell played the part of a total goofball musician whose sole instrument was the cowbell. You would have to see it to really appreciate it, but Will Ferrell did an absolutely brilliant job on his part. If you can imagine a cowbell geek doing his best to overshadow everyone in a band, well that's what he was doing.

And Christopher Walken? As the record producer he kept saying that each song needed "MORE cowbell!!!!". It really was kind of an obscure sketch unless you are an SNL fan or, like me, just happened to catch it, but it was one of those comedy skits that just kind of sticks with you because it was really well done.

Walt

No way could I bring myself to watch that! It's like knowing in advance that there is going to be a train wreck and going to the site with lawn chairs and a cooler. It just seems wrong to intentionally witness that kind of injury to humanity's soul.

Walt

There are several 'celebrities, I refuse to watch. Tommy Lee is right there in the top-ten of those I refuse to watch. I don't care if, he was standing in the middle of my street.
As for the 'cow-bell', I'm not takin' my bull-bell off my trailer hitch!>:(

Chuck

Walt

There are several 'celebrities, I refuse to watch. Tommy Lee is right there in the top-ten of those I refuse to watch. I don't care if, he was standing in the middle of my street.
As for the 'cow-bell', I'm not takin' my bull-bell off my trailer hitch!>:(

Chuck

i did say i was stoopping pretty low to watch it.. but it really was just mindless entertainment... i do give him props cause he really seems like he's trying...am i proud that i watched it? hell no but after a loooooooong day it really wasnt that bad... its a better concept to me than wanting to be a hilton, or becoming the new lead singer of inxs...
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me