jmpnkramer

Surfer Women Better than Skydiver Women!

I am probably more mature than you ever could wish to be at may age!

I highly doubt that.

Once again having three jobs does not make you mature.

FACT:
having >3< jobs does mean a person can't find >1< descent job.:ph34r:
(I worked 3 jobs at 112 hrs per week for a year...then 1 day I got a career)

The True point of the post is about health and prevention of injury.

You picked a funny way to express it. While the "put them down into the gutter so you can build them back up" works on most recruits, who are trapped for their basic training, it's less successful on people who have their own lives.

That said, I'd have to say that I see at least as many out-of-shape guys as women where I jump.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

However, my guess is that if you get education about canopy flying, you are preventing injury in skydiving far more than your physical shape.

This is true. That is one other prevention method. Unfortunately as we have all seen in recent times is that there are a bunch of incidents involving two people. It happened to be in '99.

Two things saved me on that particular incident. A: I was knocked out by the guy so my body was limp when it hit, B: I was in very good conditioning.

your overall health does not increase if you do 60 mins of cardio a day rather than 30. You will have less fat, but you will not be "healthier."

Not your overall health but your endurance and ability to take more physical abuse will.

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

No I have a growing practice as a massage therapist , which i put myself thru school for, and I also have a career as a Law Secretary/Collector.. And I pack on the weekends for extra jump $$ and extra spending $$....
Sorry you could not find 1 job right away and you had to have 3 jobs...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be the change you wish to see in the world!

That's nice. Now go make me a chicken pot pie!

Why I'll have you know I am a pretty decent cook.

I enjoy making food.:)

So what are you waiting for? Chop chop. I'm hungry.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Fair play to you, i must have interpreted it differently as to how you would have liked it to be interpreted.

Although, lol im not bickering here, but it was slightly vague in that there was no set meaning if you know what i mean, well thats from my eyes.

I could be wrong.

Sorry for the confusion, and fair play,

just because someone doesnt have ripped muscles does not mean they are not in shape... i would say im a fairly average girl body wise, but i could still workout and run better than a lot of skinny twiggy people...

You are correct and I did not forget that. I hate the portrait that society puts up as an image. Those women are unhealthy as well. It is unhealthy on both spectrums. Being out of shape can be either way. It has nothing to do with the actual weight but whether or not it is healthy.

It is unhealthy to be both over or under weight.

"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

No I have a growing practice as a massage therapist , which i put myself thru school for, and I also have a career as a Law Secretary/Collector.. And I pack on the weekends for extra jump $$ and extra spending $$....
Sorry you could not find 1 job right away and you had to have 3 jobs...

work hard and maybe you will find a career too:)(yes when I was >19< that year was tough)

And if she lived on the east coast, I bet AcmeSkydiver would've beaten me to the punch. Lucky for you, you've been granted a temporary reprieve.

I just woke up...:ph34r:

Yeah I was gonna file his original post under 'about the lamest thing I've read on the internet', that's under the sub-folder 'Shallow:narcissism'.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Well if you took the time to actually absorb what was just written you would see that I have a stable career... And just so you know I am not 19...;)And to be honest with you I am not sure that I even posted anything to you! So how about you keep your comments to yourself...especially if you dont know the person you are talking about...Just a thought....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be the change you wish to see in the world!

I mean why do the Women in Skydiving not take better care of themselves?

WTF? How can you make a statement like this without knowing all women in skydiving?

I for one work out at a gym 4 days a week and follow a great diet - I take danm good care of myself, as do the gals at my DZ. As a matter of fact I have never met a woman in skydiving who does do their best to take care of themselves - hell, one of the girls at my DZ does yoga every day.

Step down off your high horse and come back to earth. If you're admiring surfer girls so much why don't you find one of their forums to troll. :S

edited for a potty-mouth comment
Jen
Arianna Frances

So I guess your idea of what makes one person _better_ than another is whether they are in good shape or not.

It shows that they care about themselves and their health. Not to mention representing a good example to those who have children.

I will never appeal to you as a woman because I am not a surfer

I never said that a particular person would not appeal to me. I was making a comparison. :D

So, basically...
"If all the girls had a ocean across the USA, then all the girls would be healthy, healthier today..
(sung in the tune of Beachboys Surfin USA)

I dated a surfer girl,,she took me to a seafood disco once..and pulled a mussel.

:P They probably need to keep that extra weight so they can match the fall rates of all those 'larger' guys at the DZ. Well theres plenty of them where i jump.

Doughnuts aint fattening, they're improving my fall rate!
thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it :)
Ann

I must apologize if I have not personally replied to your post on this thread.

I will get to it though. :)

That pot pie is the only thing I wanna bite into - your bait holds no interest for me. . So, as long as you're cooking while you're typing, no need to respond. B|

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

I never said that I was making a comparison.

I made a punctuation error. I went back and corrected it.

:D

I could stand to tighten my tummy, but I dont wanna lose my ass.. sitting on the floor of the king air on the ride up would be a lot less comfy if I had a bony butt. :ph34r:

Keith.. anytime you make generalizations about groups of people, you are going to be wrong. Ease up.

It is true that people in good to excellent physical condition can survive impacts that might kill those who aren't.

Not in every case but the chances are better.

Something I've noticed - those who stay in this sport tend to be in better shape and more physically active now than they were when they started jumping.

This is true. Or those who have decided to make a life change and are on their way through Skydiving. If they are dedicated.

But skydiving as a whole is a reflection of society as a whole. At least in the US, we're a fat and lazy society. Excellent physical condition is the exception, not the norm.

This is unfortunately true. [:/]

I also know many women who carry a few extra pounds even though they are very active - running, hiking, climbing, cycling, working out at the gym, etc.

Yes but is that muscle? From all the activities? Big Difference.