cocheese

Skydiver died in car accident

We lost a good guy Fri night.
I don't know the details or even his last name, but Mark from Canada died from a roll-over accident/fire in his work truck full of welding stuff.
He was a great young guy who just fell in love with Birdman flying this past winter at Z-hills. He was the "Minister" who married Justi and I at Bridge Day in a mock wedding. He came to Skydive Tecumseh Mich. often this summer. Damn.
See ya Mark, we'll jump someday. Blue skies.

God has a really sick sence of humor sometimes. It never get easier to lose a friend. I bet his family probably thought he would be killed jumpin. I guess he showed them. Godspeed my friend and we all will jump with him again when we cross that line ourselves.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Mark was a great guy. Always had a smile on and was always fun to be around. We had his first jump video on this saturday, his grin from ear to ear was unbelievable, he truely loved this sport. I will never forget the good times I had hanging out with him.

Blues skies forever Mark, you will truely be missed.

Q. Why do birds sing?
A. Because they dont have to pack when they land

So so sad. Still hard to believe we wont be seeing his car pull up in Tecumseh's parking lot and him with his aviator glasses come strolling up, always looking good. Mark was SUCH good company. I will really miss seeing him during the day and hanging out with him at night. He had some pretty great stories. Tough loss. My heart goes out to his family as they are in my thoughts now. To my other canadian firends, hope to see you soon, and stay strong.

Hopefully I will see him again one day, and hopefully he is having as much fun now as he did on earth. You were awesome Mark, awesome.

We're here for a good time, not a long time.

So so sad. Still hard to believe we wont be seeing his car pull up in Tecumseh's parking lot and him with his aviator glasses come strolling up, always looking good. Mark was SUCH good company. I will really miss seeing him during the day and hanging out with him at night. He had some pretty great stories. Tough loss. My heart goes out to his family as they are in my thoughts now. To my other canadian firends, hope to see you soon, and stay strong.

Hopefully I will see him again one day, and hopefully he is having as much fun now as he did on earth. You were awesome Mark, awesome.

Kristen,
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm beginning to think that there's something pretty kuhl on the "other side" since I've lost so many loved ones over the past year and a half. I look forward to when I can join them at the ultimate dz:)Hugs of comfort to you
K

Mark was a very cool guy. I made many a jumps with him. He was 1/3 of our unofficial canadian wingsuit team. Greig and I made an absolutely beautiful and perfect sunset wingsuit jump on saturday in Marks honour.

I can't believe he is gone, nothing will be quite the same without him. He was truly an amazing person and had a great life going for him.

Deepest condolences go out to his family, friends and loved ones.

Here couple pics of mark that are only a week old.

Blue skies forever bro.
Flying Hellfish #470

Mark's death is a a great loss to all of us that knew him, and everyone that never got the chance to know him. He will be missed dearly by all of us at Tecumseh. My sympathy to all his family and friends.

Flying Hellfish #31
"I'm not allowed to talk about it till after the trial"
www.SkydiveTecumseh.com

I can't believe another great friend is lost. this is terrible news[:/]
mark was such an awesome person and he ALWAYS had a BIG smile on his face. he really loved life and was a great person to be around.
my condolences go out to his friends and family.
may we always remember the wonderful times we all had with Mark.
mark.... fly free with the angels now:) see you when i get there.

:( If you look in the dictionary under "good people" you would see a picture of Mark. I can't really say anything right now as I am in total shock.

Mark, every jump I made with you was fucking fun as hell. Your smile, those silly sun glasses you wore, the way you said "eh" in that goofy ass Canadian way after EVERYTHING you said. You were the cat's ass dude! I will always smile when I think of you. Thanks for the good times bro. I will see you FO SHO when I get there. I love you! Eternal blue skies, long flights, sweet freeflys, and all that good shit.

Somebody please let me know if there are services I can attend. I would be honored to be there.

:(

[replySomebody please let me know if there are services I can attend. I would be honored to be there.:(

There will be visitations at the Denning Bro's Funeral Home in Strathroy, Ontario on Mon Aug 15 7-9pm and Tues Aug 16 2-4pm and 7-9pm

The funeral will take place Wednesday Aug 17 11am at the All Saints Roman Catholic church.... 124 Front st. east I beleive that is right in down town Strath-Vegas...as Mark would say

The phone # for the church is 519-245-0644 just in case anyone gets lost.
Flying Hellfish #470

I was so shocked when I heard the news on Saturday it was so hard to believe it was actually true. It is so sad.

Mark had an amazing presence on the dropzone, he was always so cheerful and had a smile on his face. He had such a passion for life, embracing skydiving, travelling in his spare time, and his recent discovery of base jumping.

I would love to listen to his stories, he would get so animated when he told them! And his 'johnny knoxville' sunglasses that he wore, it brings a smile to my face thinking about them. He was definately good people, and I always looked forward to seeing him at the dropzone.

We were all in shock at the dropzone this weekend when we heard the news, and we all had some drinks for him that night. We plan to do a memorial jump for his this weekend--sunset tracking dive.

Blue skies Mark, and my condolences to all.

Those in the Ann Arbor area. A group of us are planning on attending the viewing tomorrow evening. We plan to meet at Amanda's house at 4:30 pm and head out from there.
If you are interested in going, please PM me or call me and I will send you Amanda's phone number for directions.

Chrissy

The memory i want to share is of his slightly inebriated suggestion of jumping into my back yard in hopes of landing on the "barge" that floats in my pond, "but if you cant hit the barge, you could always land on the "laneway" cause its really long".

Silly canadian....."barge"...."laneway".....:(

Mark started jumping in Grand Bend a few years ago. He was always laughing and joking with everyone, and always eager to learn. I did some of his first freefly jumps with him and the smile on his face was contagious. I came down laughing every time. He went down to Tecumseh quite a bit over the last few summers and I wish I had attended some of these weekends.You guys sound great and he always had crazy stories to tell.
I will miss Mark.
Blue Skies forever,

Bill
growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.