skymama

Hurricane Katrina

Dear Skymama, RkyMtnHigh & all you other Floridians!

Please be careful and don't get hurt. I'm enjoying your company too much to have you do dangerous stuff! Like challenging tropical storms, huricanes, skydiving and zebra crossings:(

Cheers Amigos!

Nice to meet you toot!

I've lived in the south almost all my life, so this is nothing but an annoyance. I know the drill. Thanks for your concern though! :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

we can probably raft in the street here.

It's no joke! Here in Sarasota, all the main streets turn into rivers! And the side streets? One big swamp!

A couple of years ago, before the county put in new drainage pipes under the road, we had some real flooding on our corner after the tropical rains.

I have a photo of 4 of the neighborhood kids canoeing down the street past my place.:S

Hang in there neighbors! My mother just called and the winds are battering the trees in Boca Raton as I type....the storm is moving so slowly that they will get really soaked!

Shucks, just as the zhills landing area was getting dried out this past week!!!

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

Oh, come on. A lousy tropical storm?

Okay - here in Cali we'd be in for a lot of trouble and there'd be reason to worry and panic and get all stocked up. But there in Florida? Seems to me anything less than a Category III hurricane should be a Floridian's way of saying, "Cheerio!"

You worrying about a piss-ant TS is like Southern Californians getting all hot and bothered by a 6.0 shaker. It'd sure be reason for people in most of the rest of the world, but it's nothing but fodder for conversation for a couple of days out here. "Did you feel it?"

Hey, I'd be the first to admit a storm like that would scare the hell outta me. But you've been through worse - like three times in the last year. 6.0's don't scare us. Why's a TS scare you?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Why's a TS scare you?

If you look up a few posts, you'll see I said it was just an annoyance. The only thing I worry about is the winds because they knock the trees into the power lines and then we are left without air conditioning in the middle of August. The heat and humidity is stifling! :S This one is just supposed to bring more rain than wind. That will bring a lot of flooding because the ground is already saturated from summertime storms. They ARE expecting to upgrade it to a hurricane tonight though.
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

An annoyance still has a funny way of killing people. Complacency is deadly.

Tornado warnings are regular events here in the midwest but I would say less than 1% of them will ever effect you. I don't know anyone that takes them lightly. We had zero deaths for a large portion of tornado season.

Oh, the newspeople are taking care of us not getting complacent. It's practically the only news we've gotten all day.

Now the weathermen are saying another big threat is going to be tornadoes. Now that does worry me more than a hurricane.

It is officially Hurricane Katrina now.

Come on Skymama, batten down the hatches and come play with us. Pleeeeeaaasseeee?

Aw, you guys are sweet. I've never gotten a pleeeeeeaaaseee before!

My rig is in pieces and I'm still paying off bills from my European jaunt, so there's no fun for me yet. I'm hoping to be back in the sky in a month or so.

Y'all have fun now, you hear? ;)

Youre just not thinking about this logically. Perfect time to go skydiving....when the winds pick up you might get lucky and win a free one way trip to the Bahamas ;)

Yep, it looks like another summer day up here right now, good thing for us that it shifted south. Our friends on the west coast and Panhandle still need to watch out.

Now the weathermen are saying another big threat is going to be tornadoes. Now that does worry me more than a hurricane.

It is officially Hurricane Katrina now.

Katrina....what a bitch....>:(. The dropzone was supposed to open this weekend.>:(
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

Last year we had a housefull of FLoridians during Hurricane Season.

I resemble that remark there MRS. Bear! :ph34r:

I will be up in November though.

We had a small storm this morning and now the sun is back out again. :S

Laters,

K-MAN!

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

It's a Category 3 now. It loves the warm gulf water.

Hopefully everyone along the LA/MS/AL coast is getting prepared.

My parents live on Mobile Bay and are sort of ready but they seem to think Katrina is heading towards New Orleans. We shall see....

Hopefully everyone along the LA/MS/AL coast is getting prepared.

Yeah thanks for sending it up here. Like I didnt already have enough shit I my plate to deal with now this! Looks like Tues sometime. I'm in Baton Rouge so by the time it gets here it will calm down a little. A lot of rain is still in order I think. I'm a Yankee so I'm new to this hurricane thing. Wish me luck!
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Hi Katee. greetings from ground zero again !! I am not sure if you had seen it : but a bunch of us from Emerald Coast were on the Weather Channel today. We did a beach jump to the Pink Pony Pub in Gulf Shores. I landed only a few feet from Stephanie Abrams the meterologist . It was perfect tip toe landing with a tandem. She thought that was "Totally awesome " I might take her on a tandem soon. It was truly a beautiful day today !!!

I hope everyone out there had an awesome day skydiving as well !!

P.S. If anyone knows the where-abouts of Psyco Bob. Send him home !! DON'T Try to apprehend Him as he is probably armed and dangerous..