swedishcelt

animal totems

I don't really believe in this but if you had an animal you felt represented your spirit what would it be? I remember being in a ceremony for my naming as a kid at rendezvous and being disappointed when the leader said I was followed by the mouse and the wolf. I found out later that they mean attention to detail, being observant and total loyalty. These are traits I definitely have!! (I am 1/4 native american)

So yeah, what animal would you say represents your true spirit?

You see you dont pick it...it is what follows you....

There are quite a few good books that explain this. I dont have the names off the top of my head...

Me...Wolf and fox. Wolf for the teacher and the loyalty...and Fox for the ability to adjust to any given surrounding if you will ;)
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

The hell you say!

I can too pick it.

If I stick a choke chain on that fucker's gangly neck he'll follow me like a crack whore follows her next fix.

OK that was really just an excuse to use the expression "crack whore", but wasn't that fun?!?!?

The hell you say!

I can too pick it.

If I stick a choke chain on that fucker's gangly neck he'll follow me like a crack whore follows her next fix.

OK that was really just an excuse to use the expression "crack whore", but wasn't that fun?!?!?

Um yea...go ahead and very very carefully put down the crack pipe...and step away from the keyboard ;)
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

You made us all google damselfly... :D:P

What if I used Yahoo? huh huh? :ph34r:

*edit* I would have to say my animal totem is the Liger. B|

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I was told by a Native American the Wolf was mine. I carry tattoos of the Wolf a full back tat of two wolfs one male,one female facing each other with the woods in the background, one on my right upper arm done in free hand,looks like it was airbrushed on, and my last one covers a negative connatation tat.on the left upper back of a gray wolf with red eyes. I do believe we have avery close connection with the animal kingdom,actually avery close connection with the universe as awhole But that just me I could be wrong
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

Each person has nine animal totems that walk through life with them, teaching and guiding them.
These animals are found in 7 directions around your spirit: East, South, West, North, Above, Below and Within. The last two animals are walking beside you at all times; your Right Side (male) and your Left Side (feminine). They are your protectors.

The East totem guides you through spiritual challenges.
It guards your path to illumination.
The South totem protects the child within and reminds you when to be humble and when to trust.
It also helps heal your inner child.

The West totem leads on your path to personal truths and inner answers.
It shows you the path to your goals.

The North totem gives wise counsel and when to speak and when to listen.
It also reminds you to be grateful for each blessing each day.

The Above totem is the guardian of the Dreamtime
and gives you access to other realms and dimensions.
The Below totem shows you how to stay
on your life path and how to stay grounded to Mother Earth.

The Within totem in the protector of your sacred space.
It teaches you how to find your life's joy.

The Right totem protects your Male side
and it is your Father protector. This animal carries your courage and warrior spirit.

The Left totem protects your Female side
and teaches you how to nurture yourself and about relationships and mothering.

The hell you say!

I can too pick it.

For you my dear...;)
Farsightedness

People who have a Giraffe totem often know the future. They can sense what is going to happen, what lies over the horizon.

Giraffe people should be very careful of what they say. Be sure you are not saying too much to the wrong person, or in the reverse, too little. Do not allow other's words to affect you.

Giraffes have their legs firmly planted on the earth but their heads in the sky. This represents balance and the ability to progress.

Giraffe people should never become complacent and lose sight of the future. Life will become increasingly difficult until you set your sights once more on the path ahead.

Giraffes, and their people, have very strong ties to family and friends, especially parent and children.

apparently I'm an elk... but would love to get a more in depth guide reading. I've always leaned more towards deer...

g

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

The Tiger is the symbol of darkness
and the new Moon.

When a Tiger totem enters your life,
expect new adventures.
It will awaken new passion and power.

Tiger people do their best work at night.
They are very sensual and passion people and devoted parents.
Your best work will be done at night.
Tigers are associated with water and have all the properties of the element of Water –
healing, power through gentle flow, feminine energies.

In China, there are 5 mystic tigers:
The red tiger is south, summer and fire,
the black tiger is the symbol of north, winter and water,
the blue tiger is east, spring and vegetation,
the white tiger is west, autumn and all metals,
the yellow tiger is ruler of the Earth and its energies.

My little chart thingy from my cards says this:

When a lone wolf is spotted in the wilderness it embodies the energy of freedom. When seen in a pack it embodies a sense of community. If wolf appears to you alone or in a pack it is asking you to acquire the same within your own life. In spite of their negative press wolves are actually friendly, social and highly intelligent.

The wolf's senses are highly developed. Their intelligence is marked with excellent hearing, sense of smell and strong feeling. They are determined as well as cunning and use these skills for the benefit of the pack. The howl of the wolf is primal and penetrating. They howl to find other pack members or to let wolves from outside of the pack know their territory boundaries. If you hear a wolf howl it might be telling you to stand your ground and defend your boundaries.

Wolf teaches you to have a balance between the needs your family has of you and the needs you have for yourself. They are totally loyal to the pack but do not give up their identity to the pack. If wolf appears in your life you are being asked to look at where you are being too dependent and where you may be too independent. In both family and community there needs to be a balance.

Wolves convey much with their bodies. If they are angry, they may stick their ears straight up and bare their teeth. A wolf who is suspicious pulls its ears back and squints. Fear is often shown by flattening the ears against the head. A wolf who wants to play dances and bows playfully. Their body language is symbolic for those with this medicine. Man also uses body language to convey messages. The study of this art can increase perception in those with this totem.

Wolves hunt in packs, relying on endurance to run down weak and older animals. They have been known to run 35 miles a day in pursuit. They are the epitome of stamina and strength. With an extremely well developed societal organization, they act together to hunt and raise their young. They do not fight unnecessarily and often go out of their way to avoid fighting. Sometimes a growl, a glance, a posture is all that is necessary to determine dominance. Wolf teaches those with this medicine to know who you are and to develop strength and confidence in what you do.