katiebear21

Headed back to College

I was just notified that I have been accepted to teach cadets up at West Point (USMA) in New York in 2008. That means the Army's paying for me to get my masters starting next year. I'm looking at going to University of Central Floriday (Orlando) but I have to get off my butt and take the GRE. I also probably have to take a few undergraduate classes to improve my GPA because my grades SUCKED in college.B|

Anyways, anyone recently taken the GRE? Any tips?

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

congrats.. I took the gmats but similar idea - i'd suggest forgetting everything you know and just try to see how the test is asking the questions... it can be kinda tricky until you find out what they are looking for.

could also do a search b/c i think the gmats/gre's wehre discussed in the spring

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

Any tips?

make sure you spell your name write...don't try and use any fancy smancy words and make sure that there information on you is correct or you're test scores could be messed up and then you wouldn't know witch school too go two....:P

congrats on the opertunity....

I bought all the study guides and I'm really starting to see how just brushing up on my vocabulary will help me out! I've been in the army so long and picked up so much slang. I guess phrases like "squared-away", "roger", and "SNAFU" won't really help me on the test, huh?:S

The study guides seem to offer a great approach to the writing sections and even tackling some of the word analogies. I just have an incredibly short attention span for studying.[:/]

Then again, my career depends on it so that should be some motivation...

Katie

Congratulations Katie. That is awesome. I too, took the LSAT and agree with Brie, take a class (I didn't), but I did have the Kaplan's LSAT book and read it.

My degree is education. I've thought about going back and getting my masters in education as well and teaching at a college. I love teaching. I just hated all the politics, non-parental involvement and just the sheer lack of interest on anyone's part for the school system in the county I live in.

Anyway, I think you would make an excellent teacher/instructor. :)

The study guides seem to offer a great approach to the writing sections and even tackling some of the word analogies. I just have an incredibly short attention span for studying.

I defintely have motivational problems for studying, too, which is why I took the course. I knew that if I just bought the study aids I wouldn't work as hard. But when you have to be prepared for a class, it provides more incentive to actually work. ;)
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

Thanks!!!!

This gives Chuck and I a little break from the military and puts him near DeLand for a few years which is what he wants!

The nice thing about teaching at a military institution is that we don't really give them the opportunity to have a lack of interest!:D I can always hold "push-ups" over their head or something!:ph34r: I'm really looking forward to it, I just have to pull my head out of my butt and get ready to get focused on getting through school.

I'm definitely going to look for a prep course!!!:)

Katie

Hell, I'm scarcely around now!:D

Aint that the truth...

Heaven help Florida...!! (does Arlo know already ;))

Congrats sweet girl, you deserve some good news right now.

much love and hope to see you both soon, cute one....

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach

Katie, congratulations on the opportunity. Nice career move.

It'll be great to have the two of you in this neck of the woods for a while (well, at least you, not too sure about the :ph34r:).;)

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

I've been in the army so long and picked up so much slang. I guess phrases like "squared-away", "roger", and "SNAFU" won't really help me on the test, huh?:S

FUBAR ?

bozo

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I just have to pull my head out of my butt

This is a critical though often-missed first step. Once you've done that, you're most of the way there.

Congrats on USMA!! Keep our future Army officers in line and heads-up!!

Hey, do they still cross-commission?

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

I'm not sure if they cross-commission or not. I think they do, though.

Yeah, I figure I can talk shit about all the ring-knockers or try to have a positive influence on them. Pulling head out of butt is definitey critical!:D

I'll be teaching computer science. I think they teach ADA up there. I'd love to get into the IT side and teach networking but I'm not sure what exactly I'll be doing. There's always some element of surprise in the Military.

I should get the opportunity to work with the cadet skydiving team as well!B|

Katie

Anyways, anyone recently taken the GRE? Any tips?

My wife did before entering graduate school for her Masters in Vocational Rehab... I don't know what to tell you, but if the book is still laying around, I could send it off to you.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban