f1freak

KARMA.... Do you Believe?

Karma consists of a person’s acts and their consequences, so it's like the good things you do will be rewarded and the crappy stuff you do will be punished (i.e.) you will have no undeserved good or unwarranted sh%t happening to you, It's more of a universal justice.
Karma is a word tossed around in the skydiving community a bunch, It'll be cool to see how you all really see Karma...;)

Me? The older I get, the more I can see (or... believe in) Karma.
HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE

Seen it happen a lot.

For example, there were two guys in high school that were real pricks. The little guy would hit women and generally treat everyone else like shit. If it was a guy he was mad at he would tell his friend the big guy to beat the other guy up. The big guy took great pleasure in thrashing people for no reason. Even got after me one time because the little guy was pissed over something I "did" to him.

Years later in his 20's the little guy broke his neck on his mother's farm jumping his motorcycle and died on the way to a hospital in San Antonio when the ambulance engine blew up.

Then the big guy who had become a loan officer for a very private bank here in Houston killed himself in his office one night after he was indicted for loan fraud.

Blue skies,

Jim

I believe in Karma all the way, Whether you call it Karma, the golden rule, or the three fold rule in the wiccan religion everyone has been told at one point in life, "Do to other as you would want done to you"

I draw a lot of my beliefs from the Wiccan religion so it kinda takes it a step further because whatever you sent out into the world will be returned to you times three so if you do good you will reap three times the benifits but it you do harm then you will suffer three times worse. I find it to be a good belief to keep you in line and really think about the consequences of your actions.
Anvile Brother #59

I believe in karma. I try to be a person and do good things in life. If karma exists, than it's all good. And, if it doesn't, than at least I can feel good about myself and sleep well at night.
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

Seen it happen a lot.

For example, there were two guys in high school that were real pricks. The little guy would hit women and generally treat everyone else like shit. If it was a guy he was mad at he would tell his friend the big guy to beat the other guy up. The big guy took great pleasure in thrashing people for no reason. Even got after me one time because the little guy was pissed over something I "did" to him.

Years later in his 20's the little guy broke his neck on his mother's farm jumping his motorcycle and died on the way to a hospital in San Antonio when the ambulance engine blew up.

shit like this is why I DON'T believe in "karma". Bad stuff like what you described happens to good people all of the time.:(

It's only when it happens to bad people that we go, "AHA! See??? Karma!!!"

The truth is, this world is frequently unjust.

However, gemini's second example makes sense: What happened to him (the big guy) was a direct consequence of his own immorality.

But if you believe that say: a good person has less of a chance of getting struck by lightning than a bad person, then you are living in lala land.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I try as best as i can to help others when they need it how ever i can. How ever, i do not expect it back....EVER. That's just wrong, and it kills the spirit of the whole gesture. I fly with a ying/yang symbol on my reserve flap on my new rig, and i display it else where. Good out-good back...Bad out--bad bad. Things have a way of balancing themselves out naturally.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

... so it's like the good things you do will be rewarded and the crappy stuff you do will be punished...

Fuck reward and punishment. Why not just being nice and doing good, because its the right thing to do. I enjoy helping others, because it's one of the things that gives my life meaning, because it makes me feel good, because it makes others feel good. I don't expect rewarding (times one, twice or three times) ever.

Actually this attitude can even cause serious and unnecessary shit. It's not the first time I hear a "believer" telling somebody that his or hers illness/troubles comes as a consequence of something bad in the past.

Hell! I wish bad people would be punished eventualy by universal justice. I just don't see that happening enough.

Gonzo

Nice to meet you toot!

And, if it doesn't, than at least I can feel good about myself and sleep well at night.

So true.....
That's what I find so cool about some eastern religions......
They really do live that way, I am truly trying to learn more about Hinduism..... I just really like their beliefs, and the conduct in which they live their lives....( kinda funny, I was raised Catholic, and both my brother (who is a now a practicing Buddhist) and me have both moved on to find our own source of Spiritualality.......
HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE

Karma... Yes i believe it bigtime...

My favourite is ...
Good things happen to good people!
and
What goes around comes around!

So don't wait for bad karma just keep it real, be good , have fun and you should be good to go!;)

Blue Skies and Terminal Memories 4 Life

I don't believe in karma.. I do however believe in coincidences from which people like to draw meaning.

The fact that some people claim to observe the workings of karma I think would stem from the natural conclusion that if you treat others well, you are more likely to be treated well. If you treat others poorly, then you will probably be treated more poorly.

If someone that you dislike gets hurt or killed its karma... but if someone that you like gets killed then people say that the good die young.

I personally believe that shit happens.

-Karen

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

I don't believe in karma, but I do believe in the "you reap what you sow". If someone is very generous, loving, patient,etc, more people will be like that towards them. If someone is hateful, selfish, etc, then they will most likely experience those very same things directed towards them.

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

I don't believe in karma, but I do believe in the "you reap what you sow". If someone is very generous, loving, patient,etc, more people will be like that towards them. If someone is hateful, selfish, etc, then they will most likely experience those very same things directed towards them.

I've witnessed quite the opposite much of my life so, therefore, I'm inclined not to believe in Karma or even what the Bible states "you reap what you sow". Logically Karma makes sense, but I just don't buy it. :P

I'm not speaking relative to the animal world.......not at all. :P

Speaking only from my own observations.......not much changes in the way of those who do things either "good" or "bad". Oh yeah once in a while someone gets what they "have coming to them"......once in a while, but not consistantly enough to believe in a spiritual principle. The shitbirds continue to be shitbirds without much consquence..........while the "good" well.........their lot remains the same.

Either way, it's of no consquence to me.........it's something I don't put much stock into...........I'm funny like that. :D

No, I don't really believe in it. Some of it is that if you piss off a bunch of people, there will be a likely chance you'll piss off the "wrong" person. If you are nice to everyone, there's a likely chance you'll be nice to the "right" person.

I'm probably not unique in that I've known amazing individuals who did many many good things and died at the age of 18 and other people who just seem to try to hurt others and never really get their just desserts.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning