lisamariewillbe

bad parent...

this is a actual conversation between me and my 6 year old and then a copy of the actual note sent from his teacher.

*fish was floating so I flushed him before Kyle saw*

Kyle - Wheres George?
Mommy - He died
Kyle - Howd he die
Mommy - I dont know
Kyle - where is he?
Mommy - I flushed him down the toilet

Kyle breaks out in tears

Mommy - Its okay I flushed him after he was dead
Kyle - Will you flush me when I die?
Mommy - Of course not, youll clog the sewer

That was the end of it....I knew I was adding at least 5 hours to his amount of thearpy needed to get over his childhood when he is a adult but what really topped it off is this.

I recieved a note saying " Can you please explain to Kyle that children are not flushed down toilets when they die. Kyle insisted upon this fact. As a parent it is your job to explain such life events as dying in a realistic way as to not confuse him, thank you"

So , other parents, what have you said or done and realized you suck as a parent? I however think the teacher needs to remove the stick, but then again I do have a odd sense of humor and my kids are just now finally realizing that 90% of everything I say makes no sense
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

I feel it was a mistake to send my 3 year old boy to the cupboard under the stairs to fetch a present, only to find his uncle hiding in there with a werewolf mask on........

The sight of him running up the stairs, screaming with his hair on end,confirmed I was indeed a bad Dad.

But i did piss laughing, well until the therapist bill came in....

Bryn
Journey not destination.....

When I was little, when my dad would take me to get my haircut, he told me that I would have to sit very still because if I didn't (he would point to this door leading to the back of the salon) that I would have to go back there where they had Indians that would scalp me instead.:S

He will soon catch onto your sarcasm and sense of humor and then he will be using it against you (and me)... My 7 year old neice is the Queen of Deception now. She's good.

My mom took me on the Haunted Mansion ride at Disney World in Fl. I screamed the whole way through and told my teacher about it the first day of kindergarten. She sent a note to my mother requesting she make sure in the future I rode "age appropriate" rides to avoid trauma. :D
:S My mom sent a note back telling her to mind her own business. :$

When my 4-yr-old nephew showed up at the dz, he told me that he played a video game. No big deal. Then he starts telling me about the video game. He said something like, "I beat people up like this!" and starts punching the air and making noises and stuff. I thought, "Uh-oh, I bet his grandpa let him play Grand Theft Auto."

Sure enough, I asked my dad if he let him play GTA. My dad said something like, "I thought I would just let him drive around in the cars. I didn't think he'd be able to do much else. I went to the bathroom, and when I came back, he was beating people up with the cops after him. Did he say something? Uh-oh..." I'm just glad my nephew didn't find the prostitutes in the game....
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Since we both have kids around the same age, I can relate....

I think I would tell the teacher to "get a grip" & go try to find her sense of humor, since she obviously lost it somewhere.
Maybe where your child is concerned expound on the whole after life situation, just a little.

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

And your story made me laugh! :D We're taking my nephews to Disney this December, so maybe I should rethink being a bad aunt and taking them on all the fun rides like the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

And your story made me laugh! :D We're taking my nephews to Disney this December, so maybe I should rethink being a bad aunt and taking them on all the fun rides like the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean!

Thats what my aunt did to me...and I love her dearly for it.

:D
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I dont care who you are. that shit is funny.
It sounds a lot like something my mom would have said. it tought me to not ask stupid questions, and THINK about what it was I was asking.
yeah, maybe im demented b/c of it now. but I look back on it and smile.

conversation I had with my mom when I was very young.
*I lived for Mac and Cheese* (still do actually)

Me: Whatcha cooking?
Mom: Macaroni and Cheese.
Me: Who is it for?
Mom: The dog!

I burst into tears.

Now I think thats some funny shit. :D:D
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I recieved a note saying "Kyle noted today that children are flushed down toilets when they die. Kyle insisted upon this fact. I thought you might like to know this, I found it odd. Let me know if you are concerned or not and, if so, how I can help

delete this completely - As a parent it is your job to explain such life events as dying in a realistic way as to not confuse him, thank you"

Do you think that relaying this info in this revised manner suddenly turns the teacher into a friend and helper instead of a judgmental self-righteous bitch who doesn't have a clue about your child?

This teacher clearly crossed a line.

Edit: I'd thank the teacher for her concern and the information (which I'm sure you would have liked since Kyle missed the original point) but note that her communication skills are arrogant and self righteous and would she like some help with that as many people would have taken her tone in a very negative way. I wouldn't tell her to bug off, teacher's are with our kids and we should get notes from them - but encourage information notes, not ones plugged with parenting advice. If you want advice, you can ask, then she can provide her 'opinions'.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Hahaha! I worked in the Mansion one summer - it was the best: AC, bathroom in the house, cool breakroom, and best of all, we didn't have to be pleasant to guests.

I lived for the moment I saw a bratty 7 year old whining his/her way through the door. I'd stare them down until they cried/squirmed/complained to their parents/ or in one case, puked.

To be fair, I was staring at that one because he looked green, so I'm pretty sure that wasn't my fault...

P.S. I just realized this could be read the wrong way - I was NOT saying that I thought you were a brat, just that there are lots of brats (and angels) at Disney World on any given day.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Thank you. :|

I just licked them with my tongue. We have kind of kissed now. :|

You're an odd one, aren't you? :|

you are all odd. how do you clean a computer screen after you've licked it? :|
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865