gemini

Rita: Urgent Notice to Spaceland Jumpers

If you have gear at Spaceland you need to pick it up immediately. If the hanger is damaged, damage to 3rd party property could exceed the dz insurance coverage.

If you can't pick it up, please have someone pick it up for you.

Water level on the dz property during the 1900 storm that hit Galveston was 8 feet.

Blue skies,

Jim

Not only that, but let someone know if you're riding out the storm and where, and where you're going if you're evacuating, so we don't worry about who's missing...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hey Jim, did you get my PM? :)
In case he didn't, or in case there's someone headed to Spaceland, I'm in need of a rig rescue. [:/]

Anyone out there? I heard they're closing I-45 south tonight at 6. :o

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Otter is full of Tandem and student rigs. Some of the fun jumper stuff is locked in 6 ft metal lockers.:(

Awww. :(

So Jim, I'm in a quandary - do you have a reason for waiting until Friday to leave? Do you think traffic will be passable?

It looks like I won't be able to leave until tomorrow sometime, which is why I'm asking... :|

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

I left a couple rigs in the packing room for repacks. I talked to Dave (packer) and he's gonna take them up north with his stuff and bring them back when the dust settles. I just hope he doesn't forget. But if you see my blue Javelin and the black and red Mirage laying around please help me out. There's no way I can get there before this goes down. Hope all goes well out there.

Blues,
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

Lots of stuff to do including getting the Otter out of Spaceland, picking up rigs at dz, deciding what to take from house, waiting for wife to leave for Amsterdam. (I need to make sure she is on plane before I leave or she might get left here!)

Plan on taking Westpark tollway to 1093 to Hwy 36. Then take 36 all the way to Ft Hood. Autumn said she would put me, Trent, Ivette and Valdimer up. We can always beg floorspace from Temple and Lexington dz's if we have to.

Blue skies,

Jim

Just now reported it has shifted east. This places Houston and Spaceland South East of the storm. Good for us, bad for eastern part of Texas & Lousiana. :|

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

To my Texas friends who know me and to those who don't, I pray for all your safety. You guys from Spaceland and before that Skydive USA are some of the coolest people I have ever had the privelage to know. We'll take good care of your other otter and of Rabbitt while they're here with us @ Skydive Twin Cities. Warm thoughts

You say, what's that sound coming out of the hole in the wood?

Plan on taking Westpark tollway to 1093 to Hwy 36. Then take 36 all the way to Ft Hood.

I would stick to the back roads. The freeways are a parking lot. People are spending 8 hours in their car and only go 10 miles.

And that's if you can find gas. I made a circuit in my neighorhood looking to top off my tank. Of the 8 stations I passed, 7 were out of gas. The one that was still pumping, had quarter-mile lines.

So you can't get gas. And if you can, you can't get out of town. Maybe things will clear up a bit tomorrow...

I'm riding this one out where I'm at. But I'm 60 miles inland in northwest Houston, 80 feet above sea level, and on high ground from the flood plain. So I'm more worried about wind than flooding.

Just an update..looks like I'm ridin this one out *Grabs cowboy hat* YEEEE-F'N-HAW!

Fair warnign to all Houstonians..stay the hell away from 249!!! It took me a little over 5 hours to travel 15 miles!!!! :S

We may be right here with you - stay in touch and stay safe!!