wildblue

Team America: World Police

Ok, so here's the quick and dirty review of the movie: If you liked South Park the movie, you'll like this one. Trey and Matt are at it again with another parody of world politics and action films. If you're easily offended, stay away. I'm still not sure what their facination is with durkas.

It's the usual fart and vomit jokes, but with puppets. They do a great job mocking almost everyone (c'mon, it takes balls to take a shot at Sam Jackson) I guess Sean Penn actually took the time to write them to say "Fuck off"... so... they must have hit a good nerve! "I was in Iraq ya know!"

I'll warn you now, if you're an Alec Baldwin fan, you'll hate this movie. If you hate Alec Baldwin, stay through the credits.

The 'love scene' is freakin' hilarious - I guess they actually 'toned it down' to get the "R" rating. So is the song about how much Pearl Harbor sucked (and Ben Affleck) There's a few bad puns that'll make you groan, and a couple of Star Wars references (changed just enough to not get sued) and I think a line or to from other movies (I caught one from Armageddon)

I'm not sure I'd pay $9 to see it. It had some good laughs, I'd catch it on video or at the cheap movies. If you're a big fan though, go see it. Otherwise, you'll probably get tired of the same gags over and over.
"I miss you more than Michael Bay missed the mark in 'Pearl Harbor.' "
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

**MILD SPOILERS BELOW**

I'll warn you now, if you're an Alec Baldwin fan, you'll hate this movie.

For those that don't know... Alec, for all of his politics that I disagree with, at least has a sense of self-deprecating humor. He voiced himself in the movie. That takes cajones. Especially when you're representing the Film Actors Guild (you figure out the acronym).

Maybe that's what you were referring to in the credits.

Haven't seen it yet but REALLY looking forward to it.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Maybe that's what you were referring to in the credits.

No, over the credits they play snippets from all the songs played during the movie. The last one wasn't anywhere in the movie, it just bashes the hell out of Baldwin. :D I laughed more at the stupid music (except maybe for the 'love scene')

Just got back from seeing it - it is freaking brilliant. Matt and Trey set out to offend EVERYONE. I haven't laughed so loudly at a movie in ages! This movie is an instant cult classic, I can't wait for the DVD
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

I saw it today when I was supposed to be doing work. I smiled often but it wasn't what I expected from Trey and Matt. The humor seemed dry and not as sharp in parts, but I think the songs, sex scene and the final "acting" were great. I stayed for a bunch of the credits and the cleaning guys were rolling from the songs. I guess I left one song too soon. I'd wait for it on DVD.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

i saw it this weekend. I thought it was pretty good and would recommend seeing it if you want to just have a good time. The entire audience was laughing. Athough a ffew times I was totally grossed out in spite of it just being puppets (i.e. the vomit scene.) The puppet sex was HILARIOUS!!!!

Anyway, my favorite was the music lyrics. I kept singing the song "I'm Lonely" (or Wonwey as it sounded) and the America song.

Just a heads up to everyone thats a big fan of these two, check out their first movie they ever made called " Cannibal the Musical " one of my favorite movies of all time......take time to watch the commentary after viewing just the movie a few times....well worth it...

"Don't Mess Around With the Guy in Shades- Oh No!!! "

Yeah........my first thought was "That looks REALLY stupid." but the more clips I see.........the more I laugh. I may have to go see it.

Man it's pretty funny stuff. You might appreciate it more w/ your line of work too.

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

watching it now on my computer, Team america......fuk yeah,
pm me if you want the link for the movie.

Cheap, stealing bastard! :D

Just a heads up to everyone thats a big fan of these two, check out their first movie they ever made called " Cannibal the Musical "

You have to watch Orgazmo sometime too...

It's out on DVD May 17th!!!!

WAHOOOOOO!!!!!!

time to pre-order!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved that movie - they offended EVERYONE (at least twice)
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

BUMP~cause the DVD is out.
I'm going to be singing those damn songs for a long time.
America, FUCK YEAH! Coming again to save the motherfucking day, yeah! So lick my butt and suck on my balls. FUCK YEAH!

bought it last night - too tired to watch it then - so it's going on NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5:18 am - what a way to start the day - PUPPET SEX!!!!!!!! Yeah Baby
Pete Draper,