shmali

Free Ipods... what's your take

So this has started going round my campus, everyone is ranting and raving and i'm starting to see more and more people carrying ipods that would not normally shell out the $300-$500 to buy one. So my question is

1) what is your take on it. Basic scheme, sign up and complete an offer then get 5 friends to sign up and complete an offer. When your 5 friends have finished you get an ipod no charge. The free offer i choose, 4 weeks free at stamps.com which gave me $5 free postage and some other goodies.
2) anyone want to be one of my referrals :ph34r:, you can call it an early birthday gift :) (9/26).
pm and i'll send you my link and more info if you want. :)

Pineappe Death Juice, If you have to ask you'd rather not know!

pyramid scheme...doesn't that make it illegal?

might only be illegal if you *had* to buy something. the marketing plan seems to be betting on people actually buying stuff on their own, or not having enough discipline and getting themselves sucked into the non-free part of the offer. etc. but, sounds like if you do it right, you don't end up having to buy anything.

I've found Wired to be a pretty reliable source of info.

Sounds like a classic case of a pyramid scheme to me.

No thank you.

Exactly what I was thinking, and doesn't that make it illegal?

Its not a pryamid. Each person to sign up only has to get 5 others to sign up for something.
You can cancel, it can be free if you do it right. I know people who have gotten free ipods as well as TVs.
As I said, i am just to lazy to do it myself, worry about cancelling aol or BMG and then convincing 5 of my friends to do it.

It's real and it can work.

Here's a link to get a Free Flat Screen TV or Monitor.
http://www.FreeFlatScreens.com/default.aspx?referer=9177103

It's really quite simple. Sign up for an offer ( that doesnt cost you anything ) and canel as soon as it posts on the account. Done. Get other people to complete offers under you and voila... they send you a free TV.

Sounds like bullshit, but it does work. I thought the same thing until people I know started getting free TV's, lol.

Listen, I think this is a complete sham, but I challenge any of YOU to show me pictures of YOUR free TV or I-pod to make me a believer. I have already told one person on here not to post this crap, but since someone else already put it up, I am not going to be the one to delete it. Once again, show me YOUR free prize. Conning your buddies into buying shit to make yours free does not count (that makes it a pyramid scheme and I won't let that slide.)

Chuck

I dunno... the Wired articles make it seem pretty legit. I just signed up and did the infone thing - didn't and won't cost me a dime. When I get 5 more people to do the same thing, I'll take pictures for you :)
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

And a PO box with al real street addy or you will get a ton of junk there as well.

That's good - I'm trying to collect postage-paid return envelopes. They're a good source of cheap entertainment.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

I dunno... the Wired articles make it seem pretty legit. I just signed up and did the infone thing - didn't and won't cost me a dime. When I get 5 more people to do the same thing, I'll take pictures for you :)

I just found out about the whole "free Ipod" thing and did a search on the forum and found this thread. You wrote this over a month ago, so I'm curious... what happened?

Like Chuck, I'd like to see proof...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Ok so this free ipod thing is a touchy subject but let me settle something....THIS IS FOR REAL i absolutely guarantee it i worked for a internet advertising company that handles that site it is completely legit i got a free ipod a year ago and my brother got one about a month ago it is completely real. if you want to check this out take a look at this it will be worth your time. [/url]

I'm trying to collect postage-paid return envelopes. They're a good source of cheap entertainment.

Agreed. You just put your old fruit/veggie/meat scraps in them and then drop them in the mail. If the junk mailers want to send me their garbage, I'll return the favor. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)