BillyVance

Xmas decorations by a deer hunter in Utah

Interesting... :P

No. It's not interesting. It's just not nice.

Christmas is for children, not for someone's stupid idea of a joke.

Sheesh.

rl, who does not celebrate Christmas or any other such holiday
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Interesting... :P

No. It's not interesting. It's just not nice.

Christmas is for children, not for someone's stupid idea of a joke.

Sheesh.

rl, who does not celebrate Christmas or any other such holiday

I don't either, my wife and I got married on December 24th so that the world could celebrate with us :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: So we don't celebrate Xmas, we celebrate our mariageB|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

You really need to get out more. That is some humorous stuff to most of us. And if its not to you, walk on by.....why feel the need to flame every chance you get? Seriously?:S

Most of the posts I see for you are you having a problem about someone else's ideals/personality, or whatever. Really life is a hell of alot bigger and more important than this website.

There's Dancer, Prancer, Comet, Vixen, Rudolph, Blitzen, Donner, Dasher, and the little known 9th reindeer, Dinner.

Aw c'mon. I thought that was kinda funny. A little. :|

:ph34r:

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

There's Dancer, Prancer, Comet, Vixen, Rudolph, Blitzen, Donner, Dasher, and the little known 9th reindeer, Dinner.

Aw c'mon. I thought that was kinda funny. A little. :|

:ph34r:

I wuz a-chucklin'. "Dinner..."
:D

Something I saw a while back... I was going through Pigeon Forge (before there were 10 zillion wind tunnels). On the main street, the lights were numbered 1 through 5 (that's all of them).

We were driving along in a clunky rv and traffic was crawling. I look on the opposite side of the road about 200 yds down and there is a "bear show".

Over the door of the place was 2 plastic bears, one standing, one on all fours. From our angle, it looked like the one standing was behind the other.

"WTF are those bears doing?"
(laughter)
"I'll bet it's easy to start the show..."

"Ok, which bear wants to do the show today?"
"Me...me...me...pick meeeee."
:D

You really need to get out more. That is some humorous stuff to most of us. And if its not to you, walk on by.....why feel the need to flame every chance you get? Seriously?:S

Most of the posts I see for you are you having a problem about someone else's ideals/personality, or whatever. Really life is a hell of alot bigger and more important than this website.

Andyet you felt the need to continue with it on this website :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I happen to aggree with her btw;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Those are some pretty broad and sweeping statements. Perhaps you should do a more thorough examination of my 676 (now 677) posts, and get back to me with an exact ratio of flames to "other."

Anyway, I'm glad for the opportunity to help bring you to the dark side. What this world needs is more needless flamers, especially those who totally ignore reality in posting. Welcome to our world.

rl

Edited to add: P.S. I would never flame Billy. I don't think I ever have in the ten years I've known him online (we finally met in person about three years ago). I was flaming the dumbass who thinks that upsetting children at Christmas is the right thing to do.
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

How do you know any children ever saw that display?
Seems possible that that display could be set up where no children see it. Maybe just set up as a joke at a hunting lodge out in the woods somewhere....so many possibilities.....
I agree, if it is out in someone's front yard, in a family nieghborhood- then it's in pretty poor taste. But we can't tell from that picture where it is- I see 2 buildings in the backround- so it could be in someones yard in thier nieghborhood- or those could be cabins at a hunting lodge. Who knows.

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

if it is out in someone's front yard, in a family nieghborhood- then it's in pretty poor taste

Our neighbors have the same kind of lighted deer decorations....except they always have one 'mounting' another one from behind...

Now THERE'S something that takes a bit of explainin' to da kiddies!:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I imagine most kids in the community can relate to that....

...mmm, virtual venison... ;)

ROFL- brilliant. And you are absolutley right.

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

How do you know any children ever saw that display?

I don't. But you don't know that they didn't. That's not the point, but if you really want to go there, the display is in someone's front yard (see the road? see the car parked on the road? see the sidewalk? see the house across the road?)

Is it really that big a deal that I think the display is tasteless?

rl

Edited to add: I grew up with the real thing hanging from a tree in the side yard a couple of times a year (both my grandfather and my father always brought home a buck, and occasionally a doe, so the potential yield in a year was 4). I have butchered game with mine own two hands. I still think that a display like this shows a complete lack of empathy for the children who will see it.

For crying out load people, it's a halloween display. And incredibly abstract at that. The displays of hanging people goblins and gools will scare and worry more children than that ever would.

Death is so permanant, and I'm just not ready for that kind of committment.

For crying out load people, it's a halloween display. And incredibly abstract at that. The displays of hanging people goblins and gools will scare and worry more children than that ever would.

Huh. I saw Christmas lights, and I assumed that it was a Christmas display. (Edited to add: I was also impelled to make that assumption based on the name of the uploaded file.)

If it's a Halloween display, I take back what I've said. For Halloween, it's perfectly appropriate.

rl