RastaRicanAir

LOST WEDDING RING-THOMASTON HALLOWEEN BOOGIE

Yep. This sucks.
I SWEAR I remember shoving this in my gear bag on Saturday afternoon, but when I opened it up I was missing a beat up Ziploc bag containing:

-3 pairs of goggles (tinted student goggles, silver Wrappers, and Yellow tinted GX) (No big deal)

-one translucent green Alti-2 Neptune with rubber slip cover and wriststrap, (Somewhat big deal)and unfortunately also my

-CUSTOM MADE WHITE GOLD CLOSING PIN WEDDING RING (Someone PLEASE f*ckin' HELP!!)

...which, ironically I took off so I wouldn't lose it in the air.
The wife said I should call everyone I know, but this was easier. Some of you will recognize it from the picture. There're only two of them in the world, so it would be nice to have mine back. (The other stuff I would consider a bonus.)

The baggie would have been left about ten feet from the entrance to the hangar. Next to that first big wooden cabinet, at the corner of the packing area that everyone piles their stuff on.
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

Ian told me that your ring and a few other things had turned up missing. I just wanted to take the opportunity to say I'm so sorry for you and I really hope you get it back. Another piece of closing pin jewelery went missing at an event at SDA, which was valued at well over $1k. To whoever it is that has been stealing at events: Karma's a bitch. This sport is a family and I am digusted that this sort of behavior exists in some of our family members.

End of rant. I hope you get it back and I hope Marianne isn't mad at you [:/]

Marianne...I can vouch for the sorry bastard....he was a good boy and taking the ring off had nothing to do with hitting on the ladies.

Although I did pick up a few pointers on the "how to"....
:D:D:D

j/k. j/k. j/k.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Robbie I hope you get your stuff back.I know how much those rings mean.

I have lost a few things this past year also.Friends I'm afraid it's come a time that we just can't leave our stuff laying around like we use to.At almost every large event this year I have heard of people loosing stuff.Hell they caught someone stealing rigs at Rantoul.I don't know what the answer is,weather it's bus stations type lockers at the dz or we lock our shit in the car in between jumps.
If you catch someone come find me.I have some of those huge zip ties and a cane pole.

there was a plastic bag with goggles laying on that carpet covered table across from my setup

it had goggles I know
was there sunday morning

someone stole 1 of the orange cones I had by the trailer awning saturday night/morning

guess I have to go cruseing the construction areas again

rasta was a good boy ..really.

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

***.At almost every large event this year I have heard of people loosing stuff.Hell they caught someone stealing rigs at Rantoul.\

>:(>:( There was rig rig stolen at Bridge Day this year and someone stole Jean's (Missgatordvr) and my camera along with some other stuff. I asked the front desk if anyone had turned them in and they replied "you're about the 8th person asking about missing cameras." She also said several purses and credit cards were reported "lost". Like Chris said, we are going to have to learn to lock up our shit. Apparently, the days of people respecting others and their property are gone. How sad.[:/]:(

I think the thefts are being commited by non-jumpers that show up at boogies/events. They realiaze that there is a lot of gear laying around and it is not hard to figure out when someone leaves on a load and their gear bag is laying in the hangar. I know nearly all of the jumpers at my DZ but at a boogie you're not sure who is jumping and who is just hanging out.

Maybe people without registration bracelets shouldn't be allowed in the hangar, packing area or loading area. Keep them in a spectators area away from the gear. JMHO.
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

You know, At the Dublin boogie i found someone in my trailer which shouldn't of been there. My trailer is open to everyone except pricks. Needless to say, 60 dollars went missing from my wallet. I'm not saying this person was the one who stole it but WTF was she doing in there to begin with? Maybe we could put some TNT in a camera and leave it lying around. If the said camera has not been handed in by the end of the boogie...BOOM off it goes. :D
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

there was a plastic bag with goggles laying on that carpet covered table across from my setup

That'll be the one.
It would have been really easy for someone to pick it up, thinking it was just cheap DZ goggles, and stick it on some random shelf during cleanup. ...I hope..

I'm struggling to contain my natural paranoia and cynicism for the moment. Or at least hope that it didn't look valuable enough to mess with.
I called manifest yesterday morning, and e-mailed the description to them.
I'll drive down there and look if they think it'll help.
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

I'm struggling to contain my natural paranoia and cynicism for the moment.

Isn't that a daily thing for you?:D
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Maybe people without registration bracelets shouldn't be allowed in the hangar, packing area or loading area. Keep them in a spectators area away from the gear. JMHO.

I'm with ya on that one. It also cuts down on the possible suspects... How about security cameras in the hangar as well? If something goes missing, go to the TV room and review the footage to see who was going through the stuff... I'd also suggest lockers for rent for visiting jumpers but I know we like to just plop our gear down after a jump and get whatever we need from the gear bag, and just leave the gear bag where it is when we leave for a load, it cuts down on the shit we have to do like zipping stuff up and shoving into a locker and locking it... just another distraction...

So yeah... security cameras or limit access to registered jumpers only...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You know, At the Dublin boogie i found someone in my trailer which shouldn't of been there. My trailer is open to everyone except pricks. Needless to say, 60 dollars went missing from my wallet. I'm not saying this person was the one who stole it but WTF was she doing in there to begin with? Maybe we could put some TNT in a camera and leave it lying around. If the said camera has not been handed in by the end of the boogie...BOOM off it goes. :D

Love your idea... a bit James Bond-ish, but I like it... :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban