ianmdrennan

Trent Reznor is a musical genius.

...and every time I listen to it with headphones I seem to notice something new that I hadn't noticed before. (Oh and he seems to enjoy whispering quite a bit... which is particularly sexy with headphones because it sounds like he's whispering right into your ear - you can almost feel his warm breath. :$)

Keely, you need to check out the studio cut of "Past The Mission" by Tori Amos. It's an almost-unmarked duet with Trent Reznor and unless you're listening really close, have headphones, or a really exceptional set of speakers, you'll almost never hear him.

Great. Fucking. Track. Period.B| Run, don't walk, to go pick up her Under The Pink CD which has that cut.:)
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Tori Amos

You almost cant talk about one with out the other...she too is an amazing writer/musician....

In fact I went thru all my NIN on my Ipod on over to my Tori this afternoon.....:D

If you pay attention on several songs she makes comments to NIN.. :D

I remember one of the Tori shows here in Chicago, she talked about NIN quite abit, and even started jamming HlaH :D
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

If you pay attention on several songs she makes comments to NIN..

Such as...

....Caught a lite sneeze
Dreamed a little dream
Made my own pretty hate machine
Boys on my left side
Boys on my right side
Boys in the middle and you're not here
Boys in their dresses
And you're not here
I need a big loan from the girl zone.....

One of my favorite songs... :)
I saw her in concert at the Backyard in Austin, and she was absolutely amazing... That was the first time I ever even heard her music! She puts on a great live show! And I don't think I've ever seen so many people dressed like fairies at a concert...

Keely, you need to check out the studio cut of "Past The Mission" by Tori Amos. It's an almost-unmarked duet with Trent Reznor and unless you're listening really close, have headphones, or a really exceptional set of speakers, you'll almost never hear him.

Great. Fucking. Track. Period.B| Run, don't walk, to go pick up her Under The Pink CD which has that cut.:)

I have that CD, but I never knew it was Trent Reznor doing the backup vocals... So I just listened to it again... Very nice. :)
Edited to say: And now that you've got me listening to that CD again... I must say that "God" and "Space Dog" are really cool songs too.

Yeah, Trent is really amazing..
New album soon..
And I hope we'll hear more material from the Tapeworm project one day.
For those who hadnt heard about this, Maynard (tool/apc) and Trent (NiN) had been working together on an album for a couple of years, but their record companies wouldnt let it be released on Trent's Nothing Records label >:(.
It all sort of fell apart apparently.
One song can be heard on APC's new eMOTIVe album (Passive). It's the only original track on there, and it's pretty good.

But I don't think he'll ever be able to top "The Downward Spiral" - that album is a masterpiece...

mmmm -- love me some Downward Spiral B|!

gosh, i appreciate ALL of his Albums so freaking much!

sometimes i think i'm the only one who REALLY Really LOVES The Fragile --- 'The Wretched' is my dark, dance like a stripper song :)

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

sometimes i think i'm the only one who REALLY Really LOVES The Fragile --- 'The Wretched' is my dark, dance like a stripper song

Oh no your not!!!! that song rocks....:D I played the shit out of that on too on Fri!!! :)
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

:D Traumatized? Not hardly! :D

Listened to one of his CD's on the way up to Gurnee Mills (eeneR can specify which one). I really liked it. I'll be adding it to my collection shortly. Then when we got back to eeneR's house, we watched some of the DVD. Enjoyed the music a lot. Lyrics were entertaining. Gotta get me some of that. B|
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Still traumatized maybe?

Nope.....:ph34r:

Edited as she posted....

On the road we did NIN 101....Pretty Hate Machine....

Then when we got back to my place I put in the "All that could have been" DVD. Where she got so listen/see the live versions of lots of good stuff :D
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Oh no your not!!!! that song rocks....:D I played the shit out of that too on Fri!!! :)

i'm so happy to know you like it too eeneR B|! gosh, doesn't it make you feel sexy?

i'm also VERY happy you introduced NIN to cora! cool deal cora! i'm so happy you are enjoying the sound-art of trent reznor :)

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

gosh, doesn't it make you feel sexy?

Now if that isnt the biggest understatement of the century :D There are a few songs that do that...but that one is way up there...I have to keep myself in check at work...if I start dancing in my chair...i will cause a major issues :$

I knew Cora would enjoy it.....it really has so many levels to it, and the detail at which they are composed.....;)
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

eeneR -
I didn't realize that you were a NIN fan, too!

Just read this post....
I've been a NIN fan since "Pretty Hate Machine". Seen NIN 7 times in concert. The best was right before "The Downward Spiral" became popular. NIN puts on a really, really good show.

Trent started as a classical pianist, which is why a lot of music is centered around the keyboards (he starts composing that way). You can hear a lot of that in "Fragile" - there's a lot of classical stuff - he was definitely influenced by Debussy.

He was WAY ahead of his time. In my opinion, "Broken" is the best album. He started Nothing records because he was upset with his recording company, in which "Broken" is the end result. I believe that's why it is so good.

Anyway, I've enjoyed reading the posts. It is good to know that there are so many NIN fans out there!!!

...and every time I listen to it with headphones I seem to notice something new that I hadn't noticed before. (Oh and he seems to enjoy whispering quite a bit... which is particularly sexy with headphones because it sounds like he's whispering right into your ear - you can almost feel his warm breath. :$)

I was just listening to Under the Pink again... and "Past the Mission" came on... and I never really paid much attention to that song before, but after you pointed out that it was Trent Reznor singing with her I always notice it a bit more... he does have that very "whispery" sound on that song, which is quite sexy. :)
Also... I just got the "And All That Could Have Been" DVD... but I don't know anything about easter eggs (never even heard of them until this thread)... what's the deal with those?