blackout

Neptune

Well...I once did a tandem at 330 mph...according to my neptune at least:D

Well, you OBVIOUSLY weren't doing Tandemonauti, were you... :P

For the OP: You can log different speeds due to slight differences in calibration of the altimeter, if it's in different places, a difference in the burble you / your friend a making, etc etc etc.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

i figured this for sure but i was wondering if other devices were more accurate or if this was to be expected from such things.

I also wonder if the free fall time is calculated as per speed or from time it senses exit to the time it senses deployment

I also wonder if the free fall time is calculated as per speed or from time it senses exit to the time it senses deployment

I think it's the latter... SOmetimes I get crazy 300+ MPH speed readings, but my freefall delays seem to be about right.
Good judgement comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement.

I've gotten some crazy 300+ readings once in a while too. I once hit 435 right out the door. I do believe the 304 we did at Summerfest last year, less than 30 seconds freefall time from 14,000.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

I got you all beat. I exited at 30,000 Deployed at 29,000. Had 15 min. of freefall time. All while standing on the ground. Oh by the way dont leave your neptune in the car on a hot summer day all day.:$

Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

I got you all beat.

..well, how about exit at 520ft and deployment at 52500ft? I always suspected that my wingsuit skills are superb ... but ending up in stratosphere?! :)

P.S. no interesting logs after my original Neptune was RMA'ed [:/]