sid

Hog Flop 2005

Congratulations to Art Shaffer on his first Hog Flop Boogie as DZO!~ I made a few jumps from the Skyvan and one from the Allouette, and Art and the Staff did an awesome job.

I didn't stay for the party on Saturday night, but from the look on Skymonkey One's face this morning it was pretty good (I'm sure others will comment).

I exited the Skyvan this morning holding a Samsung Digimax A402 still camera (on movie mode) and posted the clip here http://www.sidsrigging.com/galleries/galleries_index.htm

I have some bad news though..... Katie Blue was holding a Pink Mafia initiation jump and Barbie went in.... we are waiting for a ruling on who can get their PMS numbers - however I did just post PMS#400 Tammie (well done babe!).

Art and the manifest staff - GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and thanks for letting me be "retired" at a Hog Flop for the first time ever.............
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

Barbie went in...

A moment of silence for my fallen sister. :(
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Barbie went in...

A moment of silence for my fallen sister. :(

Now! I may have been a "Bit Previous" with that statement. Katie Bear thinks the Cypres may have fired (Chuck - the harness line really was fucking funny - I guess that's why you're Skymonkey One!) but until we know more about Barbie - please as NW asked, lower your heads and your wine glasses and observe a moments silence
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

Damn...has anyone told Ken yet? You know, they just got back together again. What a bummer for him!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Yeah....definitely a great time. Art and everybody else did an awesome job. The only issue with it was how the Hog Flop was marred with controversy. Teams were suspected of cheating, pre-flop practice, illegal flopping, blood doping and judge bribing.......:ph34r::ph34r:

-------------------------------------------
Big D*cks and the Extenders
2005 Hop Flop Champions

Teams were suspected of cheating, pre-flop practice, illegal flopping, blood doping and judge bribing.......:ph34r::ph34r:

and that was just your team!

-------------------------------------------
Big D*cks and the Extenders
2005 Hop Flop Champions

Pete Draper,

Woohoo!! PMS #400! Where are the rest of these girls???:|

Thanks, Sid, for coming. I think it was one of the best Palatka has ever seen!! And I like to thank the local Sheriff Dept for returning our raft that did not quite make it back to the airport!! LOL

Looking forward to seeing most of you guys in Dublin and here again next year!!

You guys were GREAT fun!!

Tammie ;)
Let's have fun! :)

Woohoo!! PMS #400! Where are the rest of these girls???:|

Katie has to give me names and pics....... then I'll post them... I just wanted to make sure that your achievment was recognized! Hey, if the local sherrif has news of Barbie........ we haven't written her off yet - she's just MIA
Pete Draper,

By the way - this mystery man was at The Hog Flop, anyone have an idea Who it may be????????????
Pete Draper,

Art put on a great weekend for sure. It was so nice to see people I haven't seen in awhile as well as making new friends.

The helicopter jump was fun, the tube jump with Mark K's 27 ft tube was very kuhl, and the hog flop jump...well...I got the "legs out" hand signal:D which gave me flashbacks to AFF.

Now for the Friday and Saturday night parties, they were a BLAST! I learned about the "Electric Star" game. Becca got addicted and said she'll try it at the firehouse next week:o:D. She talked me into joining the game and I was proud to be the last girl standing in my group but it took a lot of "relax, it's just a vibration" until the person next to me touched my forehead, then I was out! Can't believe I actually volunteered to be electricuted. I also got an education in physics with the Zoomies at the bonfire. I was very impressed how high origami could go.

Jumpingbean, when the Sheriffs came to return the raft, it was so funny how they played it out as if we were being "punked".

Great weekend...I'll be back next year and perhaps even before then.

Hey girl! You were a trooper! Glad you were able to last as long as you did in the electrocution game!!:S I was trying to 'help' with a little 'fluid conduction' and got pulled into it! Man! My hand vibrated for an hour! What crazy fun!

Thanks for coming! Everyone seemed to have a great time! It was cool to put faces to some of the names on dz.com.

Tammie:)

Was she wearing a rig? Did she go in under an open canopy? These things should help triangulate her location. ***

Well it happened so fast....Jean was giving her a mid-jump gear check and asked Emily to check it and I am not sure who did what, but that chick can float!!! She shot right up above our heads and I never saw her deploy! Of course, it was very bright that day and her parachute is very small (you know elliptical, high wing loading) so it is possible I could have totally missed the deployment and landing. We are still 'in search of'...will report as events unfold.

Tammie ;)

Hey girl! You were a trooper! Glad you were able to last as long as you did in the electrocution game!!:S I was trying to 'help' with a little 'fluid conduction' and got pulled into it! Man! My hand vibrated for an hour! What crazy fun!

Thanks for coming! Everyone seemed to have a great time! It was cool to put faces to some of the names on dz.com.

Tammie:)

:DPayback was a bitch wasn't it. It was all in good fun though:ph34r:
BTW Tammie, I tried on Pete's GTI and the colors match my rig, fits perfectly and is in new condition at a great price;)

Geez, I hope I don't miss anyone with the thank you's! I had a great time with our first boogie! Jess and the girls did a great job in Manifest. Jeff work tirelessly cleaning up, fetching rafts, other assorted items and fueling airplanes. The two pilots flew very hard, Tristen actually didn't walk on the ground for nearly eight hours on Saturday.

We flew a total of 47 skyvan, 21 helicopter and two cessna loads for a total of 950 skydives for the weekend. It couldn't have been done without all of the great people who decided to come this weekend. We will definitely plan to do it again next year (I will also have another turbine on standby).

On a footnote, those were real sheriffs returning the raft, it was not a punk'd skit. Also, we have inform the farmer who mows the fields to keep an eye out for Barbie, just in case. Although my lawyers have informed me that the shocking game may not be in my best interest....it was very fun none the less. Also and not least Jeremy Pike is this receipent of the Adam Lane Award (given to the skydiver who cannot skydive the next day due to too much indulgence the previous night). That lame excuse of I am out of money as he was popping the ib's just doesn't cut it in the judges point of view.

Thanks again to everyone who made this weekend happen!

I had a great time with our first boogie!

Oh trust me, he bought beer.... a lot of it I believe.....
Pete Draper,

What a great time!!!I'm really glad we made the trip.I was having second thoughts just because I was a little boogied out after the Hallowween Boogie.The crew did a great job keeping everything moving on Sat.Working out manifest for 23 Hog Flop teams that are sharing video could not have been easy.We will definitely be returning next year for this event and probably before.
I wanted to let you know that Team Roaming Hogs have gotten over the shock of having the 2005 Hog Flop Championship stripped from their fingers.The rumors of steroid use are unfounded.And I intend a campaign for changes to the rules that allow for a time penalty for an unsuccessful back flip.
For those of you that didn't make it,well you missed a good one.Good fun,good food,good vibe.

On a side note.I got the pleasure on talking to and jumping with the legendary Bob Sinclair.Bob has been jumping since 1947.You can find a profile about him in the Sept '03 Parachutist.If you ever get the chance to sit down and talk to him or anyone that has been in our sport that long do it. You are missing out if you don't.

Spence, great meeting you this weekend. This was my second Hog Flop and will definitely not be the last.

Thanatos and his evil electrical tricks are something to be experienced first hand.
:)
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Spence, great meeting you this weekend. This was my second Hog Flop and will definitely not be the last.

Thanatos and his evil electrical tricks are something to be experienced first hand.
:)

Good to meet you also.You have the evils mixed up though.Thanatos is the Evil Jello Man.The electric 8-way tool is mine.I elected Jay as safety officer.