RkyMtnHigh

Paintball anyone?

So my region is having a meeting in December and for a "teambuilding" exercise we've chosen to play paintball. Don't get me wrong, I love paintball, and used to play it a lot in Colorado, but I feel it's an "every man for himself" game versus "teambuilding":ph34r: How will I explain the random bruises:D..WTF..I'm game.

Any strategies or suggestions for playing paintball with coworkers?

*** Any strategies or suggestions for playing paintball with coworkers?

Remember what the people that you don't like are wearing and shoot them in the back of their knee when they are not looking. It hurts like hell.:ph34r:

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Tip 1:

Paintballs are SLOW. Your best bet is to run at your opponent in a zig-zag pattern. They will have a hard time figuring out how much to lead you. They will also probably be standing still while they try to hit you. You move, they stand still, you shoot the crap out of them.

Tip 2:

I bet they will have a LOT of armor on the front of their bodies, 3 or 4 well aimed paintballs into their calf will slow them down in the next rounds.

Tip 1:

Paintballs are SLOW. Your best bet is to run at your opponent in a zig-zag pattern. They will have a hard time figuring out how much to lead you. They will also probably be standing still while they try to hit you. You move, they stand still, you shoot the crap out of them.

Tip 2:

I bet they will have a LOT of armor on the front of their bodies, 3 or 4 well aimed paintballs into their calf will slow them down in the next rounds.

:D I just want to have the least amount of bruises as possible while having fun. My region is the most rowdy of all 12 in the US for some reason. Last meeting in NYC, we sang our own lyrics to a Bob Segar song, dressed up and acted it out..before that we did a skit that ended up in the guys tackling each other on stage:D

Hee hee...I like Bob's suggestion! I like the scenario games or the team games (not the organized 4 on 4 type thing, but the all out shoot everyone and work together to win a scenario). It is sooo much fun! I have a 'crank' on my A5 that basically turns it into a Gatlin gun. I feel like I am going postal on people cuz I just shower them with paint!! I wanna play! where you playing??

Tammie[:/]
Let's have fun! :)

Hee hee...I like Bob's suggestion! I like the scenario games or the team games (not the organized 4 on 4 type thing, but the all out shoot everyone and work together to win a scenario). It is sooo much fun! I have a 'crank' on my A5 that basically turns it into a Gatlin gun. I feel like I am going postal on people cuz I just shower them with paint!! I wanna play! where you playing??

Tammie[:/]

Mid December in Orlando somewhere. Come play with us Tammie!:D We have 9 reps, one manager which makes 10 total but who knows how many will sit out and just watch. Most of us want to play but not all will go through with it.

If you are playing teams, of 6 or more...

Run towards them. While they are still out of range, fire at them and they will dive for cover.

Have a pair of your co-workers go down each side and flank them. The two in the middle waste ammo like millionaires and keep the opposing teams heads down.

I always fire 6 shot bursts. The other side looks like a paint roller hit it.
B|

If you are playing teams, of 6 or more...

Run towards them. While they are still out of range, fire at them and they will dive for cover.

Have a pair of your co-workers go down each side and flank them. The two in the middle waste ammo like millionaires and keep the opposing teams heads down.

I always fire 6 shot bursts. The other side looks like a paint roller hit it.
B|

Bill, I just remembered that you're on the same 4way team as James..so you know one of the coworkers that'll be playing paintball and perhaps Maria by now. :ph34r: 3 skydivers playing paintball in our region seems a little scarey:D

I'll try your idea with my team for sure;):ph34r:

if someone hides behind a wall of wood or a tree or something....RUN as fast as you can WHILE shooting the object they are hiding behind. They will cover up to not get hit.

THEN!

At point blank range shoot them in the back of the head...:)

I also recommend that you control the outside of the playing field and drive them to the middle. Each player needs to have a zone to shoot down..once the outside of the field is contained they havent got a chance....close the circle andtrap them in the middle...KILL KILL KILL.

joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

if someone hides behind a wall of wood or a tree or something....RUN as fast as you can WHILE shooting the object they are hiding behind. They will cover up to not get hit.

THEN!

At point blank range shoot them in the back of the head...:)

I also recommend that you control the outside of the playing field and drive them to the middle. Each player needs to have a zone to shoot down..once the outside of the field is contained they havent got a chance....close the circle andtrap them in the middle...KILL KILL KILL.

joe

LTNT...but regardless...Joe you're killin me:ph34r:. I got a visual on that and I think I might need to be ring leader to play that strategy out:D..hope my boss won't hold a grudge if we unload on her.:P:D

I just want to have the least amount of bruises as possible while having fun.

Wear several layers of loose fitting clothing if possible. The baggyness helps to absorb the impact. Don't know what the weather will be like, but you'll be working up a good sweat no matter what. Enjoy - I hear it can be a little addicting.

Easy Does It

I just want to have the least amount of bruises as possible while having fun.

Wear several layers of loose fitting clothing if possible. The baggyness helps to absorb the impact. Don't know what the weather will be like, but you'll be working up a good sweat no matter what. Enjoy - I hear it can be a little addicting.

:DIt'll be like a sauna under all that but regardless I'm expecting the bruises. When I get someone really good, then I start laughing and that's when my guard is down and then someone unloads on me:D

Mid December in Orlando somewhere.....

Sounds like Wayne's World...great place for scenario games.

Word of caution...
When Boosted said (and I'm sure he was joking):
"...At point blank range shoot them in the back of the head...:)"

Please do not shoot anyone in any place at point-blank range...draws blood and pisses people off. Not good ettiquette.

The advice about controling the perimeter is good..nothing like a good cross-fire to mow 'em down.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

There are three key consepts to win paintball
1) Field control

2) Teamwork

3) Communications

On the break I am a frontman when I play, so I usually run up as far as I can on the field. From there I can help locate players from the other team and call thier locations to my other players. They can also inform me as to hazards I cannot see, as well as while the players on the other team are distracted by me, my teamates take them out.

http://www.oriontpt.com/Photos/BEL-2005-a/target87.html
I have the pretty blue gun :D
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

There is a New Zealand paintball site that I learned a lot from I don't think it is around anymore though. I started playing with a pump so I learned to make my shots count and use my cover well. The last scenario game I played in I got the MVP award. Won a new gun that I am looking to sell just to put money in my SD fund. Paintball is great for rainy/windy days and you need something to do.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

How will I explain the random bruises

Just tell people it was from wild sex, nobody will suspect you were playing paintball! :D

J

As if that would go over well with coworkers and customers, smart ass:P

BTW...you REALLY missed out by not coming down to the Keys Boogie. Make sure to plan for it next year. It's an awesome timeB|