tetra316

Born shoes are a piece of crap

I'd have a pair of leather dress shoes for about a year and a half. Granted I wear them almost every day for work but the soles show no wear! Then I notice one had cracked completely across the sole. Store won't replace or give me a discount on a new ones since they're more than 6 months old. And a shoe repair place says most all shoes today will crack long before they wear out since they're made with non flexible rubber. So buying leather shoes is a waste of money since the soles won't last more than a few years. And Born shoes aren't cheap either, about $90 a pair. Geez, where'd all the quality go?

End rant, feel better now:P

Please tell me you are kidding!

You actually tried to return a pair of shoes you had worn almost daily for 18 months? I sooooo do NOT miss being in retail! Because even if you were kidding, someone else out there has tried it! :S

When my Birkies get worn out after a few years, I just replace them. :P

What I'm really confused about is if the shoes are leather or unflexible rubber....

They're leather uppers with rubber soles. I don't think I've ever seen a shoe with a leather sole or at least I wasn't paying attention. The shoe repair lady said leather soled shoes are pretty uncommon for regular price shoes

I don't know about Born but Hush Puppies will repair/replace shoes for up to 3 years - its the reason we buy all my husbands work shoes from there.

They're in a similar price range, perhaps they have a similar policy?

Jen
Arianna Frances

I don't know about Born but Hush Puppies will repair/replace shoes for up to 3 years - its the reason we buy all my husbands work shoes from there.

They're in a similar price range, perhaps they have a similar policy?

Jen

I hope so. Tried calling their customer service number today but they're closed so I'm going to try on Monday. But I dont' keep receipts that long so I hope they don't require one.

I've had several. There are at least 3 pairs in my shoe closet right now.

Maybe I'm not shopping in the 'right' places then. I tend to stay away from shoes more than $60 to $80 a pair. These were actually the most expensive shoes I've think I've ever gotten so I expected a little more.

get yourself some leather soled brogues instead

http://scotwebstore.com/sr_gaeli_blane.html
I though all you scots wore those: Sheep hurding boots SlyWink

Remster

We only wear the boots when out on the pull :P
----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you think my attitude stinks you should smell my fingers

I have a pair of leather dress shoes... I think they're Cole Haan. Cost over $100. They're on their 4th sole. I just take them to a shoe cobbler and get a new sole put on for $10. I've had this pair for more than 10 years. Works great for weddings and funerals... ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

i've had my pair of born's for almost 2 years now and i haven't had any problems with mine and i wear them everyday and i chase after 80 kids m-f i think theyre great... just time to move on and buy a new pair of shoes... i mean if you can weasle something out of them i guess go ahead but you've had them for a while you got your $ worth... think about it this way.. you only spent a few cents a day to wear them for a year :)
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

I called Born today and they are going to send me a free pair of shoes of my choice since they don't make then ones I have anymore. Very nice!

Well if you can have any kind of shoe you want, see if yu can get the 5 inch clear platform shoes with water & a live goldfish in them.:P
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I prefer birkenstocks (sp) they usually hold up well and if the cork goes bad you just replace it, very good for back , hips and knees also...

I personally wouldnt complain if I wore a pair of shoes for 18 months everyday and they broke, thats alot of wear, its why I choose to have ALOT of shoes.... sighhhh .......shoes....... havent had a new pair in forever
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this