ACMESkydiver

Absolutely HATE the holidays. -Anyone else?

Good wine, good food, occasionally buying a gift that makes someone's eyes light up (or in mom's case, well up) - Mission accomplished. One day with family, two at the most. Outside of that, it's just a nice break from work, where people spend a little more time thinking of each other (if you can see past the marketing). I like the holidays. Don't overdo them and you might too. ;)

Here, try a Kevin O'Connell story on for size. :)
Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

BAH HUMBUG I Say....drama,drama drama. I agree with you. I just do the gift thing for my nieces and nephews but then again I do that year round. As far as the whole meaning of X-mas......forgettaboutit!!! I mean c'mon anyone could've written "The bible". It is a story. Yeah I went to a catholic school and still don't buy it. Why so many religions yet "one god in one planet" ...yeah right!!! OK go ahead and bust my chops....Cheers Always
is it dark yet

JAYE!

Come to thanksgiving at my house on Thursday for a skydiver style thanksgiving if you feel that the holidays are making you nuts, or come to the SSD holiday party and we will have good ol' fashioned holiday fun. (Or both.)

Sorry I haven't called you back yet, I've been buried in school work.

I will talk to you soon though, Promise!!!

Merry Chrismahanukwanzikah!!

-Karen

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

For me its the only fixed holiday of the year that an employer has a hard time touching. I have only ever been asked to, correction told i would be working christmas day boxing day and newyears day. Would not have minded new year but i have 2 young kids so decided that when it came to december i resigned, you only ever get one shot at it with your kids each year and its always different.My mother was a nurse and i still remember christmas day without her.

I know that some professions are core and require cover for that time of year hospital staff, armed forces and other essential services have my sympathy.

The thing that gets me pissed is the employer who just wants to make an extra buck, over the years our holidays have been eroded away by corporate greed with it just getting worse each year>:( >:(

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

Yep, I'm right with you. I despise the false front s and fake window dressing that is all but inescapable this time of year. I can't stand all the way overpriced stuff being advertised endlessly and shamelessly. I hate the stupid x-tain missionaries begging for money as if they alone have the authority and impetus to help the poor. All while telling me that I am in need of redemption from their invisible man.

So, to get away from it all, I'll be at Z-hills:)
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

JAYE!

Come to thanksgiving at my house on Thursday for a skydiver style thanksgiving if you feel that the holidays are making you nuts, or come to the SSD holiday party and we will have good ol' fashioned holiday fun. (Or both.)

Sorry I haven't called you back yet, I've been buried in school work.

I will talk to you soon though, Promise!!!

Merry Chrismahanukwanzikah!!

-Karen

Thanks for the invite shweetie but I had a wonderful Turkey Day down at Long Beach with Joe and the kids and my parents and siblings. It was GREAT! The only bummer was poor little joey is still reacting pretty badly to something he got into on Monday and Tuesday...seems he's dangerously allergic to satsuma's. :( Doc said he may be breaking out in these ridiculous hives for up to 6 weeks. Poor kid! [:/]

I am actually going to try to make it to the SSD Holiday Party. If I do, it'll be a first! You'll see me with a nose brighter than Rudolph swilling down the tasty stuff, as Joe will be driving home. :ph34r:

I guess the holidays aren't so bad after all...if you can spend it with the right people. :P
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Just do something nice for another person. Makes you feel good. Even small things help.

I know Jaye personally. One of her (many) wonderful traits is that she does this year-round. :)
But you're right, it's great advice for surviving the season.

Ah man...now I feel all soft an' squishy....:$

Thanks girlfriend.

I will survive this holiday season. I just had a moment of weakness, and I have to get those points of anguish out by lamenting on the internet so I can don my santa hat and reindeer antlers and accept the coming insanity gracefully.

Plus my beloved Santa Claus always seems to sneak a Jack Daniels and coke into my hand with a kiss on the cheek at just the right moment to make things ok. He's the best. :ph34r:
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I enjoy the holidays. Used to get a little depressed but now that I have a child, he makes everything worth it. I don't buy him lots of gifts but we decorate because he loves it. Because I'm a long way from my family, I also enjoy the extra days to spend visiting and catching up. The kids love it too. It's all a state of mind, at least in my opinion!

One who looks for a friend without faults will have none. -- Hasidic Saying

did your daddy touch you as a child? do you feel you're not loved? have you eaten too much indian food? Or is it just a case of 'bring me the kleenex I wanna have a whinge." I can't believe people you're bitchin about such a cool time of the year. At least over here is Aus it's hot, the beach is full of hotties, theres cold beers at the bar and holidays galore. fuck yeah.
"In one way or the other, I'm a bad brother. Word to the motherf**ker." Eazy-E

I love the holidays! My home dropzone is Z-hills and thats when everyone comes from all over the world to my home DZ. I get time off of work to jump and only have to come up with some lame excuses to feed to my family as to why I'm not there and listen to a little bit of bitching (the only jumper in the family - they just don't understand 'boogie at my home DZ'
If it sucks that bad where you are, take some vacation time and come play with us. It's awesome here! :ph34r::D

I love love love love love the holidays!!!!! Give me some soy nog, put the Rudolph movie on, and let me hear my nephews sing!!!! I love decorating the tree, and I love looking at everyone's Christmas lights. I love it all. I love the food, and I love that my family gets together during this time. I love it when it snows and we have snowball fights and make snowmen. Oct-Dec are probably my favorite months of the year. :)
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

You better make it to ths SSD X-mas Party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I absolutely promise we will have red noses together. Last year I had to leave the party for fear or falling out of my chair. I expect this year won't be too different. :ph34r:

And you can see the debut of the fabulous year-end video! What more could you ask for?

Take Care Jaye, hope to see you soon!

-Karen

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham