squink

REAR-ENDED AGAIN!!!

I am RAGING MAD!!! I have had my new car for 3 weeks, and I was just rear-ended. It's not brand new, but it's new to me. I was on my lunch, going to get gas, and I got slammed. I am so pissed. I have had that car for 3 weeks. There is little damage, but I'm going to need a new bumper. It's just SUCH a hassle. AHHH!!!>:(

This is the third time I've been rear-ended in 2 years (none my fault). I feel like I have a sign on my car saying Please f*ck with me, b/c I have nothing better to do.

...the door was open

SKYDIVERGIRLS.COM

It's not brand new...

Well, at least it's not as bad as when I'd just bought
a new Pathfinder about 10 years ago...my 1st NEW car!

Less than a mile from the dealership I got rear ended by a drunk in a 20 year old pick-up...
with NO insurance!>:(

Less than 10 miles on the odometer...10,000 in damage.:(

I always 'drive the mirrors' now.;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Man I feel your pain. People think oh it's just a bumper that will cost nothing. Ha try $700 dollars moron, not to mention are you gonna drop it off, rent a car for me, and pick it up when it is done? No, then get back in your car and back up into the nearest tree and then we can talk, if you are not willing to do that then stfu give me your insurance and while I'm writing down your information call the police to come fill out the ticket.
Man what a pain in the ass you now have!!!
Skymama's #2 stalker -

I got rearended by the same lady twice in one winter :S

First time, a cop saw the whole thing and gave her tickets for:

Following too closely
Failure to maintain reasonable control of vehicle
Driving too fast for conditions
Careless operation

I was like "SCORE!"

A little kid had run across the snowy road, and Darla Douchebag was tailgating me in her Navigator. Small European sedan with upgraded brakes and studded snow tyres vs. ginormous SUV with "all seasons", it doesn't take a lot of mental effort to figure out who's gonna stop faster. :D

ANyway, I got away with a few scratches on the bumper, but she hit me again about 8 weeks later >:(.
cavete terrae.

Yes, it SUCKS!!! But I got up to see Mike Fenton on Sunday and he is going to fix it for $400. I got a little more than that out of her for the gas it's taking me to drive an hour each way to see him twice. My poor cute little silver car! :(

I got the money out of her this morning though. She felt REALLY bad. I also felt bad for even asking for it. She has a small son and she's pregnant. BUT... it's done now, and I can't feel bad, b/c she hit me...

...the door was open

SKYDIVERGIRLS.COM

That really sucks. I have been rear ended a few times and now drive more defensively. I will always leave a 5-10 foot to the car infront of me space when stopping quickly , as soon as I know I will stop in time(leaving that gap) my eye go to my rear view mirror to check if the moron behind me will stop in time. If I feel they may not have enough room I pull up that 5-10 feet of room I have infront of me.

...I will always leave a 5-10 foot to the car infront of me space when stopping quickly , as soon as I know I will stop in time(leaving that gap) my eye go to my rear view mirror to check if the moron behind me will stop in time. If I feel they may not have enough room I pull up that 5-10 feet of room I have infront of me.

Good stuff...you don't kow how many times that has saved me. One time I saw it coming and changed lanes real quick...the lady hit the car that was in front of me before the lane change....pissed me off though...I had to take time out to go to court to be a witness...her lawyer attempted to blame me for moving out of the way saying that was what caused her to hit the other guy....the judge got a big laugh out of that.:D:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Well at least I have the cash in hand now and it'll be fixed before the end of the week. It's just such HASSLES!!!

I know what you're saying. I've been through, what you are (have) experiencing/ed. Total bummer![:/]

Chuck

her lawyer attempted to blame me for moving out of the way saying that was what caused her to hit the other guy....the judge got a big laugh out of that.:D:D:D

I swear, I don't know where these crackpot lawyers come from! :D:D:D

I've been rear-ended once before. It was raining and I slowed for a car in front of me to make a right turn. I was just starting to pick up speed again when I got whammed hard enough to slam the back of my head into the glass window behind me (Mazda B2000 pick-up standard cab), FUCK! That hurt! >:( At least the dumb-ass teenager was contrite AND insured. The bumper also had a mechanism that deflects the force of a collision so it took the brunt and nothing else was damaged.

I almost rear-ended somebody on the highway though. Quick reflexes saved my ass that day. Traffic was really heavy and everyone was bunched up tight even at 70 mph. All of a sudden everyone braked hard. I saw I wasn't going to even stand a chance so I swerved into the median at the last possible chance and wildly passed about 10 cars while careening through the grassy median before I got the car under control... whew!
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Just last year I had to stop quickly for a red light (unmarked cop car in right hand turn lane). The lady behind me actually accelerated because she antipated me running the light. I saw she was not stopping so as I was stopping I moved as far over to the right. She just clipped the rear bumper (removing some paint only) and came to a skidding stop right along side my car. If I had not moved out as much as I did there is no doubt in my mind she would have totalled my car.

I'm feeling your pain. Twice this year for me.
1st time: 16 year old kid, had his license for about three weeks - $900 in damage (his car was looking worse than mine; don't know or care what it cost his parents)
2nd time: Soccer mom on a cell phone in an SUV - $1650 in damage. She hit us hard enough to knock my wife's glasses off.

Don't feel too bad about the car - I got rear ended a little over a year ago sitting at a red light, and the guy took off. I followed him and called 911 on my cellphone - can't go into detail because the case isn't dead yet, but he wrecked, killing himself and someone in another car, and I was charged w/ 2 counts of vehicular homicide! (18.5 yrs min.)
About 1 year of misery, $15,000 in legal fees, and 6 months of a license suspension later (not to mention the arrest and sitting in jail for 1 1/2 days before bailing out,) I got the charges dismissed by the judge, but now I have heard that the State is appealing the decision.B|
Thank God I can let go of an airplane and have all of that s*#t disappear for a little while!