Viking

Pictures of The Groom Lake facility Via Google Earth

I got bored tonight so i went looking for Area-51. I remembered that it was near Rachel Navada.

So here it is.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

included a shot of how short a distance the f-16s have to go to get on the runway and in the air to intercept someone.

included a shot of how short a distance the f-16s have to go to get on the runway and in the air to intercept someone.

looks like one of those three other planes is a king air, but I can't tell what the other two are, the ones parked side by side. I love google earth.

-the artist formerly known as sinker

Ya all three of them look like prop jobs. The one of the top does look like a Kingair.

edit: the other two are def High tail aircraft. maybe the ones American eagle flys?

Ya all three of them look like prop jobs. The one of the top does look like a Kingair.

edit: the other two are def High tail aircraft. maybe the ones American eagle flys?

first, what the hell are you doing up so early?

second, to lisamarie and others, at least he's doing something more productive w/ his hands than that evil voodoo sex stuff that sudsy has been teaching him.

third, and most important, those other two AC look like beech 1900 series, the larger stretched king airs that regional airlines fly, like you suggested... look at the tail, you can see little fins sticking out.

-the artist formerly known as sinker

Make sure you wave to the pretty black helicopters as they circle your house, bro.... :D:D:D

lol i'm used to it. The Ghetto bird flys over here pretty often and I'v personally seen a Ah-1 Cobra flying at about 50 feet off the deck over my back yard at night.

If the Feds are watching these forums, who's to say you won't be expecting a visit from Men In Black very soon? :D:D:D

I watched a TV documentary recently about Area 51. These 4 guys were doing everything they legally could to uncover as much info about the place and how it's run. The Feds didn't particularly like them trodding so close, even though they weren't doing anything wrong.

Also, did you know that most if not all the civilian workers enter the base via their own airline, what looks like a 737 from the Las Vegas airport straight to Groom Lake? It's pretty amazing, actually.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Also, did you know that most if not all the civilian workers enter the base via their own airline, what looks like a 737 from the Las Vegas airport straight to Groom Lake? It's pretty amazing, actually.

transport_taxiway
transport_parked1
transport_parked2

B|

transport_taxiway
transport_parked1
transport_parked2

B|

Of course! D'oh! B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

If the Feds are watching these forums, who's to say you won't be expecting a visit from Men In Black very soon? :D:D:D

Don't you think the feds approved and cleaned these photos??? The companies who provide all the photos to these services, while private enterprises, have the government as their largest customer, and that contract requires national security to not be compromised... Further, the resolution of their satellites is much better than what they release publicly, but they sell LOTS of high res stuff to the government... So I don't think any dz.commer is going to get the men in black for looking at pre-approved photos on a freely available website...:$

Not just civilian... Well, for 5 brownie points, what is the name of the airline they fly from Vegas. For another 5 points, what do the planes look like (paint job). And for the 10 point bonus round, what are the few theories on what the name means???

(I was bored one week and watched "alien invasion week" on the learning channel and learned a lot about this stuff... But for the name of the airline, just last week I heard them on air traffic control on final into Vegas.)

I'm sure it's mainly because there's nothing even remotely interesting near me, but I find it fascinating that places like that and several "schools" I'm aware of for the military are quite visible, but my neighborhood is all blobbed out. ;)
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

The "airline's" name is Janet. The planes are typically 737s with a tailnumber and a red stripe running down the side, but otherwise completely white. The only theory I've heard about the name is an acronym: Just Another Non-Existant Terminal.

Here are some pictures of the planes

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

The "airline's" name is Janet. The planes are typically 737s with a tailnumber and a red stripe running down the side, but otherwise completely white. The only theory I've heard about the name is an acronym: Just Another Non-Existant Terminal.

Here are some pictures of the planes

The other one I have heard "plane jane t"....

But it looks like you got all the browny points...

thouse guys actally do fly 737's modifed but the other two planes on ur pictures r called the bigger beechcraft b1900d model the one arcoss from that is a kingair:)
i know cause i look at this in detail
The blue sky is pretty but the blue sky with fast air is better

gotty love wind tunnels

See, now this is why I don't work for the Federal Government (anymore).

If I were involved in screening the satellite photos for Google Earth, I would have photoshopped in a damaged flying saucer (or, perhaps more obscure, a guy with a crowbar), just to mess with people.

Thank God I'm in the private sector where I can do real harm.

And you really believe that Google Earth will be given the benefit of close-up shots of Area 51? Get real !!!!!!!!

Those pictures are as reliable as the "pristine bullet theory" shoved down our throats by the Warren Commission....

My $1.00 - $0.98

:)
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"