sundevil777

Honda unveils the Ridgeline

Designed, developed, and built in North America.

Some really innovative features, such as the lockable, water resistant 'bed trunk', so big you can put a LARGE cooler in it, or just fill it with ice. A really comfortable rear seat that can fit a set of golf clubs under it, and is split/folding for large items/bikes. A really innovative center console with great storage features. Dual action tailgate (it can either swing down or out sideways).

More here:

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=315888

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=315889

and pictures:
http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=314670
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

looks like an avalanche. :S and what's with putting the spare tire under the cargo floor? i can see it now, you're all packed up, heading down the highway for a week long campout at a boogie and you get a flat. unload every damn thing you brought just to get at the spare. not too bright as far as i can tell.

but it's a honda, people will buy them to run around town with.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

people will buy them to run around town with.

Isn't that what the vast majority of the trucks in the US are used for anyway?:S

Its like people buying 4x4's here - usually the furthest offroad they get is the road to the golf club and then they have to wash it because it got dirty.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

The system on the Honda Ridgeline, Pilot, and Acura MDX actually sends the max amount of torque to the back wheels if you try to accelerate hard, not waiting until wheels spin to adjust. Also, if you are just cruising, it is front wheel drive only.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I really wish it got slightly better milage, I was hoping Honda would be able to release a 20/25 or even better truck to put Detroit to shame on their milage. Looks nice though.

actually I am kinda surprised. according to cars.com the NSX with a 3.0l gets 17/24. While this new 3.5l with alot more weight is getting almost the same. I am sure integrating iVtec isnt far off and I wonder if they could swing better numbers with that?

and what's with putting the spare tire under the cargo floor? i can see it now, you're all packed up, heading down the highway for a week long campout at a boogie and you get a flat. unload every damn thing you brought just to get at the spare. not too bright as far as i can tell.

This is true of every car, the trunk of a car is just smaller than the pickup bed. I have had to unload a full trunk to get at a spare. There is an accessory that will allow you to mount the spare above.

The trunk under the bed is so useful because it is so huge. Putting the spare in the traditional location (under the bed, get to it from below) would eat up much of the trunk space.

You can fill the trunk with ice and your favorite bevarage, it even has a drain. B|

The top level design engineer (designed in america by americans) explains many details you may find interesting:

http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-article?article_id=320271

You have to 'log in'/make an ID on the Temple of VTEC forum to see the videos from Detroit Auto Show.

I really wish it got slightly better milage, I was hoping Honda would be able to release a 20/25 or even better truck to put Detroit to shame on their milage. Looks nice though.

actually I am kinda surprised. according to cars.com the NSX with a 3.0l gets 17/24. While this new 3.5l with alot more weight is getting almost the same. I am sure integrating iVtec isnt far off and I wonder if they could swing better numbers with that?

I have a 2005 Acura TL with the Vtec and VSA. It's rated 20/30 but I'm only averaging 20mpg. Kinda disappointing as this is my first non-American vehicle.

I'm only averaging 20mpg. Kinda disappointing as this is my first non-American vehicle.

Non-american! It was designed, developed and built in America. Yours was made in Ohio.

Bump...

The Ridgeline has won Motor Trend's Truck of the Year Award.

The Civic won Car of the Year, first time that a mfg has won both in the same year.

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=462884

http://motortrend.com/features/news/2005/112_news051220_truck_of_the_year/

Please don't pass judgement on it's styling until you've seen it up close.

There's no accounting for taste :P

Did anyone get a chance to really check it out beyond just an outside visual?

I have seen the ridgeline up close and I still think its fucking awful looking.

I typically love hondas, but fuck dude, I agree w/ ya. U-G-L-Y you ain't got no alibi 'cos yo ugly (what? what?) yo ugly!

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...