Darius11

Hey Street racers!

Doesn’t it make you happy when you kick someone’s ass in a race who has spent 3 to 4 times more on their car.:)
the guy’s face in the BMW MIII was priceless.

Sorry just had to share some of my fun.

Anyone got a heavy right foot?
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Doesn’t it make you happy when you kick someone’s ass in a race who has spent 3 to 4 times more on their car.:)
the guy’s face in the BMW MIII was priceless.

Sorry just had to share some of my fun.

Anyone got a heavy right foot?

I drive a Pontiac Vibe. so no, no lead foot.

Now when I had my DSM VR4 Galant, I put frowns on a couple Boxters, Vettes, ans Stangs.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I had a 1988 Mustang GT Convert, mint condition. Everyone thought the car was slow because of how much it weighed (convert add a lot more weight). They also never heard the silent supercharger under the hood pumping out the 8psi of boost that took on most cars. Boy do I miss that car (sold it last summer).

Got to love sleeper’s man and cars that people don’t know:)

Hell yea. Everyone looks at some import with a large muffler as some damn POS.
Until ya sidestep the clutch at 5 grand with the turbo all spooled up and all 4 tires launch the car through first gear faster than the other guy can say "WTF"!

Then theres the dead give-away then ya shift gears and the blow-off valve sounds like you just let all the air out of an 18wheeler tire in .5 seconds.

man I miss that car...:(
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I did a lot of Stret Racing in the Mid 90`s. I ran a Sleeper 71 340 Duster (That is where the Thanatos340 came from). It was always nice Look at those High Dollar Saleens in the Rear View Mirror. Nothing looks better in a Rear view than a Mustang!!:P
I never lost a single race. Over $10K in the engine alone. All Machine work by Barnett Performance. The Body.. Well rusted out POS.

In downtown Atlanta there was an Industrial Park off Moreland Ave that 100`s of people would show up at every Friday and Saturday Night. Great old fashion "Run what you Brung" Street Racing. General protocol was to each hand a C-Note to Neutral Party. Old fashion Start with Usually a Hottie standing between the cars and a Flag Start. Think the other car Jumped the start.. Stop right there and do it again. Winner take all.

It went on for Months at the same location. Then One Friday Night we noticed that all the off-duty State Patrol Officers didn’t show up with their Dugan Mustangs as usual. Not being Bright enough to realize what was up.. The races started as usual. About Midnight.. Helicopters and a ridiculous amount of Atlanta Police Cars Surrounded the Place. Any cars that had run that night (Including Mine) were impounded and Driver taken to Jail. Over 30 people arrested total. It took about $2,000 in legal fees to get my License back.

Same thing happened again to local Street Racers in 2001 when they tried to restart the Races at an Abondoned Strip Mall.

Most of the 'racers' round our way cant drive. Its all about the left foot braking into roundabouts and the heal and toe down the box baby B|

Any tosser can drive fast in a straight line. But keeping it smooth and fast and safe is another matter.

Any tosser can drive fast in a straight line. But keeping it smooth and fast and safe is another matter.

Totally agree that’s why I like racing in the street the 1/4 is no big deal. But going threw traffic at 120mph or taking some country road on that’s the shit

I hope you have one of those monster wings bolted onto your trunk to prevent the car from going airborne cause otherwise that little street racer of yours just might flip over from all the power. We wouldnt want that to happen now would we?

One other thing I dont know if you thought of...it's probably a good idea to strap a fire extinguisher somewhere in your car that is in plain view of everyone that pulls up next to you...I always back the fuck up whenever I see a dude with a fire extinguisher in the car...they must mean business!!!

edited to add: I live my life a quarter mile at a time:S

But going threw traffic at 120mph or taking some country road on that’s the shit

Ok... thats slightly concerning. I wouldnt do that!
Open country road, yeah for sure. But through traffic where you can hurt someone else. Err... I wouldnt. Unless of course you meant on the track

whats your sleep of choice?

I always loved watching a cobra or an new SS get its ass handed to it by a civic with a h22 swap and big turbo. Course now everyone knows you can't trust a civic to be a civic lol.

Thats why I Love Audi S4 (new and old) Looks like a dressed up passat but sure has doesn't luanch like one!!:o:DB|
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

You cant get one (a whole one that is) here, but I'd love to have a 03 or 04 twin turbo Galant.
i know some places you can get front clips with all the drive train. Well, I used to. Ive been out of it for a while.
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I've been into Ford Mustangs for years. I did a lot of street racing back in the mid-90's, but that's far behind me now. I prefer the race track at this point.

I have a 1991 Mustang GT, which is highly modified and makes about 750 HP at the rear wheels. Here's some info/links:

1991 Mustang GT - Supercharged 377 Stroker
1999 Ford SVT Lightning - Upgraded to 2000 Specs
Media Center Gallery - View my photos and multimedia files

Drag racings a hoot, but skydiving is pretty hard to beat. :P

--
StangFlyer

I don't have a sleeper.

I just have a car most people don't recognize.
2004 Pontiac GTO

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2004/2004-Pontiac-GTO-Red-Side.jpg

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2004/2004-Pontiac-GTO-Red-RA-1600x1200.jpg

she has no scoups or crazy things going on at all. Most think oh a pontiac i can kick it's ass, they find out the hard way. ;)

Most of the 'racers' round our way cant drive. Its all about the left foot braking into roundabouts and the heal and toe down the box baby B|

Exactly.

I have no respect for someone who thinks a race is when you rev your engine at a light and assume the guy next to you was trying to beat you. Actually, drag racing in general is pretty lame.

I'll stick to road courses and let the ricers have their fun posting their "kill stories" about racing me on the street.

Ive got to tell you some verbals I once had with a young lad who thought his little piece if shit car was the bollocks.

HIM - What size engine is that? I bet thats a quick car. Gotta be a 2 litre, I bet its turbod.
ME - its a 1.4 Turbo diesel so not quite.
HIM - What? why dont you guys put spoilers on the back of your cars then?
ME - Why would we want to do that?
HIM - To make them go faster
ME - It would probably make us go slower as it is unnecesary weight and the extra wind resistance. Plus it would look ridiculous.
HIM - No it wouldnt you idiot. Itd make you go faster, do you know much about cars?
ME - A little bit yeah, Im a qualified panel beater, I worked as a fabricator/engineer for a modified saloon car manufacturer and I was on their amateur race team as well, so I know a fair bit about cars.
HIS MATES - I think he might know more than you then.

Little piece of shit hatchback = 300 quid
Stupid gay spoiler = 100 quid
Ridiculously oversized alloy wheels = 2000 quid
Watching him talk utter shit and get humiliated by me in front of his mates = PRICELESS! ;)

I ride a 99 YZF R6. 1/4 mile ill beat almost anything with 4 wheels. in a mile, theres lots that will beat me. but if we get into a 20 mile rd with 100 or so corners. ill be at the other side making a sandwich waiting for the opoponent. i love tight twisty rds and lotsa traffic. I havent seen too many cars that can back it into a 110 degree corner at 40 and be back up to 130 then back down to 40 all in about 15 seconds. racing against cars is fun cause i always win.

I've been into Ford Mustangs for years. I did a lot of street racing back in the mid-90's, but that's far behind me now. I prefer the race track at this point.

I have a 1991 Mustang GT, which is highly modified and makes about 750 HP at the rear wheels.

Nice Stang, I ran a 90 gt for a long time 347 stroker with 13lbs of boost and nitrous, always fun unless it leaned out... :S

Actually, drag racing in general is pretty lame.

We all have opinions..

Having been around MANY forms of Auto Racing for my entire life.. My Father, All my Uncles and Both my Brothers all Raced.

I can say that I prefer Drag Racing to all other forms for many reasons.

First is the people involved. Drag Racers in general are a much friendlier bunch. In between rounds everyone helps each other out, I have had a Guy I just beat in a Previous Rounds lend me Parts straight off his Car so that I can make the next Round. Help each other out during the week and in between rounds But once you pull to the line.. IT WAS ON!!. Give it all you got and Hope you got enough. Second Place is not an Option!! The Race is usually won or lost in 100th of a second. Drag Racing is much more about understanding your Car and conditions around it to get the most out of it. Bracket Racing (Boring as hell to watch but Fun to participate in) allows ANYONE to come to the track and be competitive if they understand their car. Just because you spent $20K on you last rebuild doesn’t mean that you really have that much of an advantage over the guy the guy who does all his own work and has an Old beater he has been working on. Dial-it in.. Run your Number or Go Home.

Round Track Racing is a TOTALLY different Class of people. I tried Dirt Track for a while.. You had to guard your shit constantly as other racers would try to sabotage you any chance they got. Constant Fights in the Pits between Drivers and Crew members. Generally not an environment I want to be around.

Tried Road Racing - Nothing but pretentious Type-A Assholes bragging about their latest Conquest (Whether it was a New Business, Another new Porsche, or The new secretary they were bangin.) I never met a Bigger group of assholes. Definitely not a group I wanted to spend my weekends surrounded by.

Always back to Drag Racing. I just sold my Daughters Junior Dragster and I am about to bring my Duster back out of the Moth Balls and pull the Drive Train to drop in my 66 Belvedere. I hope to be running it this Spring.

Like I said .. we all have opinions.