dustin19d

Ever done this 1,300 miles into a 1,400 mile trip

Doesn't look so bad considering it rolled 2 or 3 times(I wasn't counting)

Drivers side looked pretty much undamaged as seen in Pic 2. But it was still a total loss having over 16K worth of damage. Good thing It was worth $23K and I only owed $17K on the loan.
I went out and got a 2006 Tacoma and Im thinking of rolling this one in a few years to upgrade again:D

That looks pretty damn good for a rollover... Can't you still drive it, or are there more damage than you're showing in the pictures? Like your future plans! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Rolled TWO of THREE times? That's unbelievable, it barely looks scratched! And to think, before this I would have never considered a Tacoma if I was looking for a truck.
I should reconsider! :$

The guys at the body shop didnt believe me at first. Its a really tough truck.

It drove fine after I changed the blown tire. But every body pannel save the drivers door needed to be replaced and the rear axel was toast.

Ouch... Yeah, people fail to remember that what you see after a wreck is not all that's wrong with it. Look deeper, way deeper...

One time I hit a rolling tire on the highway at 70 mph at night. It had fallen off a car well in front of me. I didn't even see it until the last second and I was like "OH S-" WHAM!!! My left front collided with the tire and my tire went right over it, sending my Tundra truck up in the air and back down with a coupla hard bounces, but thank God I never lost control. I did hit my head on the ceiling pretty good, even with seatbelts on, and luckily the air bags didn't deploy. Damage? Some $5000 worth, including frame and front axle damage. It was only a couple of years old so the insurance company went ahead and had it repaired.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The guys at the body shop didnt believe me at first. Its a really tough truck.

Yep... Toyota's Tundra and Tacoma have steel bodies, not the plastic or fiberglass shit most cars have. :)

One time I hit a rolling tire on the highway at 70 mph at night. It had fallen off a car well in front of me. I didn't even see it until the last second and I was like "OH S-" WHAM!!! My left front collided with the tire and my tire went right over it, sending my Tundra truck up in the air and back down with a coupla hard bounces, but thank God I never lost control. I did hit my head on the ceiling pretty good, even with seatbelts on, and luckily the air bags didn't deploy. Damage? Some $5000 worth, including frame and front axle damage. It was only a couple of years old so the insurance company went ahead and had it repaired.

Last winter I lost control of my Tundra on black ice and hit a jersey barrier at a moderate angle at 50ish mph. I was able to pull the front bumper out of the right tire, reattach the headlight assembly with hot glue and bailing wire, and continue with my trip (750 more miles to home, including a couple mountain passes). Damage was $6300, insurance fixed it.

A couple weeks ago, I *again* lost it on ice with the same truck(>:(>:(>:(), went off the road sideways at 60 mph spun it around a few times and came to a stop somewhat stuck. 4-low got me out of there and I haven't noticed any trouble with it since. Note both the front and rear bumpers were jammed full of dirt, rocks, and sagebrush...what does that tell you about the direction I was travelling off-road? :S:D

Lessons learned - Don't drive on ice except when unavoidable. If I have the slightest inkling that what looks like a wet road is actually a skating rink, I'll slow down and put it in 4WD. ;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

First off,what happened? and second your brush gaurd had nothing to do with the airbags not going off....

I hit black ice going underneath an overpass. Theres no way in hell the airbags aren't designed to go off with the force my front end hit the ground, I was flying through the air at 60mph. I figured it was the brush guard.

Theres no way in hell the airbags aren't designed to go off with the force my front end hit the ground, I was flying through the air at 60mph. I figured it was the brush guard.

Depending on the airbag system, it might have sensors that detects deformation in certain locations and will only fire if at least one of them is triggered. A really sturdy brush guard could require a more severe crash to get the bags to fire. There are also impact/acceleration sensors as part of the system.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am