VanillaSkyGirl

Under Armour Fit

Hi Rosa,
I'm going to go to Sports Chalet tomorrow to buy under armor. Yeah, I didn't like the fit on the UA I tried on because it had a mock turtleneck and I felt like it was choking me. I was talking to Erin at Elsinore a couple weeks ago and she had just bought a UA shirt, and she felt the same way I did about the fit, so she bought a size bigger and said she keeps pulling on the neck to stretch it out and it's working okay.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

I didn't like the fit on the UA I tried on because it had a mock turtleneck and I felt like it was choking me.

Evelyn, i hate the mock T neck also, i found an UA cold gear shirt yesterday with a normal neck on it and bought it.:D I am going to a different store today and getting some more of them.B|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Rosa I wear a small UA and have the cold gear mock turtle neck, and well with your curves you would need a medium or larger cause the small is VERY tight. I agree that the neck is tight also, but after the first 15 minutes I don't notice it and I definately don't notice it when I'm climbing or snowboarding.

About 2 years ago I got some great polartec fleece REI pullovers and pants,I think these are the same but just in different colors. Although I can't seem to find the bottoms that go with them.

http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=14112962&parent_category_rn=10062720&
Fly it like you stole it!

Rosa I wear a small UA and have the cold gear mock turtle neck, and well with your curves you would need a medium or larger cause the small is VERY tight.

OK, now that's insane. You are tiny. I am small, too, except for my bustline. I don't want to get a top that is loose and long in some areas, yet ok around my bustline. That is why I prefer things that are cut well for women. If the fit is an issue, I will not buy it.

I am going to REI, tonight. I will report back what I think of it.

There is a really nice selection here:

GI Joe's

Prices are average, with some better deals on some items.

Just wanted to warn people. I don't recommend using them, after having to try and canel an order today.

I order a pair of the UA gloves and pants from them, both which said "In stock and shipping" on their website. I also ordered something else for a few dollars to get the free shipping.

The website said I wouldn't be billed until the item shipped. One of the items shipped (the cheapest one) and I was billed for the entire order, despite the fact that one was backordered ( the UA pants), and another (the gloves) had been cancelled because the item was unavailable.

I tried to call them an cancel the backordered item and sat on hold for 48 minutes, before hanging up and calling back asking to place an order so I could talk to an actual person. I was on hold for about 3 seconds before someone picked up. (I guess once they had my money they really didn't care about customer service.)

The website STILL says both of the items are in stock.

I hate to rant on here about businesses, but if it saves someone else the trouble, I guess it's worth it.

>:(

I LOVE my Under Armour. I have the cold gear, and when you wash it it WILL shrink a smidgey. But I wear the same size in Under Armour that I wear in regular clothes.

I have never been uncomfy in it, and it keeps you VERY warm. Just make certain that you get the ones that are made for WOMEN (otherwise it doesn't come in at the waist or out at the chest, or out at the hips...) and get the stuff specifically for COLD.

Awesome stuff. I wouldn't want to go out in the cold without it. ;)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Hey Brits! Thanks for the info. It's ironic that this thread was bumped now, since I never did buy any Under Armour last year. I couldn't find any UA items smaller than a Medium to try on in the stores. This year, they had Small as the smallest size available to try on in stores. The small seemed to fit me quite comfortably. Earlier this month, I bought myself a UA Women's Subzero Mock Turtleneck. I love the look of it and the feel of it. I look forward to wearing it as a base layer in the tunnel during the chillier months.

Justin~
Thanks for the warning about the difficulties of buying items through their website. I will definitely try to avoid doing that. Thanks again!

Justin, did you finally get your UA items, or did you manage to cancel the rest of your order, after getting one of their reps on the phone?

I got the one item I didn't really need (It was cheap, and I bought it to qualify for the free shipping.) I didn't really have to worry about cancelling the other items, they cancelled them for me, seeing as how they didn't have them and didn't know when they would get them.

My biggest gripe was the fact that they were saying they had items in stock that they knew they didn't have. I ended up buying the UA stuff at the local sporting goods store.;)

I wear the underarmor cold gear jumping now, works great for my RW suit which I just cant fit alot of extra clothes under... Really does work for keeping you warmer.. You dont wanna see me just in my underarmor though, it's tight... ;)

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

You will saw lots of "TRIBORD" on the DZ when people where able to go to Europe and bring them back, France especially...

Now they are available in the USA.
Eloy is saturated by these rather inexpensive yet incredible shirts. Originally they where designed to be worn in place or under a wet suit for water sports. Don't ask me who thought of using them for skydiving but they are awesome, I have a couple. They are a little thicker than UArmour and in my mind, much better.

Awesome for the tunnel too

http://www.tribord.com/Tribord/index.asp?int_DeptId=53&int_ModuleId=4&lg=GB

http://www.decathlon-usa.com/

I love my Under Armour. I have worn the winter weight
under my jump suit and have jumped every month since October in Illinois. MMMMMM Toasty!!

Sizes aren't a problem. I wear a small and I'm 5'2" and 125 lbs. I'm sorta curvey :$ 36-25-35, and the small fits OK.

Stick with colors though, the white seems to get a little dull after a wash or two. I run in Under Armour cool weight in the summer. Basically I've just taken the clothes I run in and used them to jump in -
so far so good. :)

TPM #59 POPS #9849 PMS #477