skymedic

XM Satelite radio help!!!

Shimell is right, when u activate or refresh the unit u have to leave it on. if u turn it off, it resets activation. sometimes its hard to get that outta the tech support. activate it, and leave it on until you not only get some channels, but until the channel guide is filled out. I've activated plenty, and never had trouble if u dont turn it off. when you call in to activate it make sure it is on, and leave it on until the ENTIRE channel guide is loaded usually takes 5-10 mins
----
-God, you are the perfect amount of dumb...

Billy, if you read my previous post, you will see where my allegiance is. But I will describe further why. Both companies have sattelites that are in the same orbit as far as latitude goes. Sirius has 3 satelites, and XM only has 2. So being where we are in the US, the furthest northern state besides Maine, we benefit from the extra coverage of the 3rd satellite that Sirius has. Other than that, you have read about XM's customer service already on this thread. Sounds pretty crappy. XM has not been picking up all the big names in broadcasting like Sirius has. That means more money and security to Sirius's company. XM used to be the leader, only because they were the first. Not anymore. I predict XM's fall from grace, no pun intended with thier last sat. falling into the Atlantic Ocean.

Hows that?

so besides HS who else have they invested in? I mean I know that NHL contract was a much better bet then XM and their crazy MLB and college sports packages :S

and you may be right on the fact that they are tops because they were first, but they still have 3 million plus subscribers vs sirius's like 300,000... I think they said they needed some 1.5 million new customers in the next 5 years to cover HS contract.. u can bet XM will own sirius unless HS REALLY boosts their sales
----
-God, you are the perfect amount of dumb...

I'm sorry you are having yhese problems. When I was workin on the road Opie and Anothy were a godsend. Radio gets really boring in my market. Ron and Fez are really good to, and no you no longer need to subscribe to thier channel. I wouldn't go with sirius just because I hate Howard Stern He steals shit from O&A, and it has gottten very blaintant. You can hear some tracks of stuff he plays with O&A laughing in the background, and he tries to pass it off as his own.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

***so besides HS who else have they invested in? I mean I know that NHL contract was a much better bet then XM and their crazy MLB and college sports packages***

You said it.....sports packages sell shitloads.....as gay as it may seem.

That is not what I said. XM was first.

***but they still have 3 million plus subscribers vs sirius's like 300,000... I think they said they needed some 1.5 million new customer in the next 5 years to cover HS contract.. u can bet XM will own sirius unless HS REALLY boosts their sales***

Dude, I dont know where you get your info, but perhaps you need a new source. You have some things backwards. According to insiderwatch.com Sirius has just passed the 3 million subscriber mark. JP Morgan has it listed at 2.2 million in Sept. That's 800,000 subscriptions in just 4 months. I'd say HS has some serious pull, like him or not. The CEO is projecting 6 million subs by the end of 2006.

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....

FINALLY!!!!! Got it turned on and sounding good tonight. I had to bring it back to best buy who swapped out my head unit for a different one. Then called back XM who supposedly sent another signal. when that didn't go through the best buy guy said he'd do a total new reinstall of a new sirius system if it didn't work the second time. Well it finaly took after refreshing the new head unit a second time. Anyway...Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions. Sat radio is awesome!!! WAY too much to choose from. Gotta love it. Oh, one of the reasons I picked XM over Sirius is because of the baseball. I love my cubbies...and I can't wait to listen to them here.

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

The only reason that XM has more subscribers is because they were the first sat. radio company. It has been in business longer. That, by no means makes it a better company. If we were to apply your model, that would make AOL the best internet ISP. Yeah, not so true. The fact that you have not been able to get recievers for Sirius very readily lately, is proof how many people are buying the service, and perhaps that is because HS is joining Sirius. You and I share the same opinion of HS, but its just that, only an opinion of ours. The truth is that he is the biggest shock jock of all time, and makes his advertisers millions and millions.

Sirius also comes with an internet subscription.

Look up 'siri' stock chart. The best indicator of how company is doing so far. Look up 'xmsr' for comparison.

You can solve all your problems by using a Sirius Sat radio instead. More satellites (XM's 3rd sat. fell into the Atlantic ocean)

REFERENCE??

I'm a sirius subscriber and I am starting to love it. curious abou tthe satellite info though I couldnt find it on google
My photos

My Videos

Had Sirius since it came out, .. I knew about satelite readio and was waiting for it LONG before it came out, but XM IMO sucked when it started so I waited for the Serius service, ... Unfortionately XM had a huge advertising campaign and was already released for awhile... I think that Serius could definately use some better advertising, they are IMO a better service. As far as stocks, well, they are about as far apart from eachother as they were since XM came out and Serius had to delay :|

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

stock PRICES dont mean shit when
Siri has 131 million stocks outstanding at $6+ that equlas $786 million from investors
Xm has 5 million stocks out standing at $28+ that equals $140 million form investors.

Actually this is a not to you but to someone who said that XM is doing better. I dont think either company will fail. It'll end up like coke or pepsi
My photos

My Videos

so besides HS who else have they invested in?

Bubba the love sponge, Martha Stewart, Tony Hawk, Bode Miller, Richard Simmons, Lance Armstrong, and some others I don't know.

Remember that the HS show isn't just him...its a whole cast. They added George Takei as the announcer for the show. When HS left terrestial radio, his listener base was something like 18 million people, but they were only on in 50 markets. Now they reach ALL 240ish markets.

because they were first, but they still have 3 million plus subscribers vs sirius's like 300,000...I think they said they needed some 1.5 million new customers in the next 5 years to cover HS contract.. u can bet XM will own sirius unless HS REALLY boosts their sales

Check again...XM had just under 6 million at the close of 2005 (behind their estimates) and Sirius had 3.3 million (beyond their estimates). Sirius is outselling XM right now, for the first time.

stock PRICES dont mean shit when
Siri has 131 million stocks outstanding at $6+ that equlas $786 million from investors
Xm has 5 million stocks out standing at $28+ that equals $140 million form investors.

Actually this is a not to you but to someone who said that XM is doing better. I dont think either company will fail. It'll end up like coke or pepsi

I was pointing out at historical prices for both companies. Look at 2-5 years charts and you'll see that XM has been doing better so far. And I'm not saying that Sirius goes under, it might gain momentum, as you mentioned, or it might not, we'll see... some say sirius spends too much money

yea but george takei is just a guest announcer. pretty funny and wierd guy. anybody have a reference for XM's satellite crashing into the ocean?

True...he's live this week and after this week he'll do recorded announcements for the show. Smart move on his part to join up. The bit with fake Arnold and him was hilarious :D

A while ago XM had problems with the Boeing-made satellites and settled with them or their insurers to recover quite a bit of money. If I remember right, the problem is power-related and reduced the expected life of the satellite by a number of years. Those were the "Rock" and "Roll" satellites. Don't know about one crashing, tho.

These are the two closest things I could find to anything having to do with a XM bird dropping in. The first talks about how the launch platform later used by XM crashed into the ocean during a test flight. This is prior to launching anything for XM.

The second talks about a successful launch from the same platform to put a XM bird in orbit. Successfully, not crashing into the ocean in a fireball disaster.

Basically, so it would seem, the XM bird crash story is completely false, a complete lie that gets perpetuated by people on the internet not willing to do a little research. Instead, they simply believe what they read on the internet from no-viable sources.

http://www.spaceflightnow.com/sealaunch/ico1/

http://www.universetoday.com/html/dailyarchive/article2001-0319.html
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

yea that's why I wa sasking. I couldn't find shit about it/

True...he's live this week and after this week he'll do recorded announcements for the show. Smart move on his part to join up. The bit with fake Arnold and him was hilarious

YES the arnold thing was FUN-NY they got him twice with it,too:ph34r:
My photos

My Videos