funks

Stupid ass people who strap wireless devices to the side of their head

Take that stupid ass bluetooth wireless device off the side of your head. Do you realize you look like a jackass that is talking to himself? Why must you wear it in public when you are not talking to anyone? Are you really that lazy to pick up a phone and hold it to your ear? Outside of driving in a car, it serves no purpose but to confirm your retardation. You arent that important, really you're not.

Yeah, I'm talking to you. Now do what I say, you can still be saved.

And you could potentially find yourself in a dicey situation. Like for example, being at the counter ready to buy something in a convenience store while telling your friend "you're being robbed" in reference to some cockamamie purchase, and the store clerk's back is turned, and he hears he's getting robbed, and takes a baseball bat out and starts swinging. :S:S:S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

>Do you realize you look like a jackass that is talking to himself?

I don't think he looks any more or less like a jackass than the guy with two pounds of metal in his earlobes, or the chick with purple hair, or the guy with his pants around his butt. What bugs me are the people who are talking to someone else while they are "talking" to you. Seems really rude to me, whether you are using a wired headset, a wireless headset or the phone itself.

We had a friend who did this with her boyfriend for a while until we started a strict "no talking to the boyfriend when you're talking to us" rule.

Agreed.

I'm also sick of seeing 99% of the people on the road with a cell phone glued to their ear constantly while driving. I'm convinced that most of them aren't even on the phone with anyone... they just haven't realized that it's not 1993 anymore, and cell phones no longer make you look special.

Back in 1998, had a wireless company as a client. They'd given me a prototype headset to try. Put it in my ear, made a call. Very cool. Started using it all the time.

About a week later, I'm watiing for a car to pick me up, another client had sent a car for me.

Limo pulls up. I'm on my headset. I wave at the driver, grab my bag, and start walking towards the car, while talking into the headset. Driver sees me, watches for a second, and literally PEELS out of there, tires screaching.

I'm standing there like, "WTF?"

I find out later that he refused to pick up the deranged guy he saw talking to himself.

:)

Dude I had to. Have you tried the speakerphone's from Bluetooth; it sucks. You can't hear a damn thing.

It is a law in Jersey to use one while driving.

Actually I protest Bluetooth all the way. It is the worst excuse for technology that I've seen in a while. And yes, everyone looks really stupid now-a-days with one on the side of their face. We all look like one of those Borgs from Star Trek.

A stupid necessary thing. If you go to NY, about 50% of people walking down the street have em. Pathetic what this world is doing.

We had a friend who did this with her boyfriend for a while until we started a strict "no talking to the boyfriend when you're talking to us" rule.

A friend of mine is like this with his girlfriend... they've been dating for 5 years and still can't go 10 minutes without being on the phone with each other. He constantly either calls her mid-conversation, or gets a call from her, and disappears for 30-45 minutes to talk to her.

I saw a guy like that in the hardware store the other day. Just this head-set on wandering around the Ace hardware and every once in awhile, he'd mess with the wires like, he was getting a bad reception from Venus! I really kept my distance but, close enough to where I could help get control of him when the 'deep-end' showed up. C'mon! gimme a fuckin' break. The president of the U.S., is more important than this self indulgent jerk and he doesn't wear a fucking head-set in the hardware store! Gimme a break! These folks that gotta have their cell-phones and yappin' on them in the grocery store, chap my ass. What ever happened to a handwritten shopping list from wifey-poo? Honest to God, I've seen that in the grocery store. A guy on his cell phone, wifey on the other end telling him where the instant pudding is! Gimme a break! What is it? An 'ego trip' or just broadcasting the fact they can be a self-indulgent dumb-ass? I can really see and understand really important shit and needing a cell-phone but, most of it is more like two kids with tin cans and a length of string!
O.K.... I'm done. end of rant!:$

Chuck

>What ever happened to a handwritten shopping list from wifey-poo?

When wifey-poo is working in the clinic all day and is rigging full time at night, and I'm the one with a few hours to spare, I end up in the store talking on the phone asking her where hummus would be and what kind she wants.

>What ever happened to a handwritten shopping list from wifey-poo?

When wifey-poo is working in the clinic all day and is rigging full time at night, and I'm the one with a few hours to spare, I end up in the store talking on the phone asking her where hummus would be and what kind she wants.

I understand that and covered it under: "I can see, really important...". I understand, there are times when it is necessary and valuable. My reference is to those who abuse the hell outa cell-phones and yap, just to hear themselves.

Chuck

I have a brick for a phone, so it really isn't comfortable to hold to my ear at all. Any chance I get, I use the ear bud (wired or wireless) - it's nice to have my hands free for typing, pissing, stabbing people in the eye, etc.
That said, I don't wear it all day, and I generally try not to even be on my phone in public if I can help it.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

It is a law in Jersey to use one while driving.

I have my own personal law, no talking on the phone when driving. I'll answer it and tell the person I'll call them back in a few minutes, but I don't stay on the phone. Oh and if the phone isn't in the pocket in my door or center console I'm not killing myself or someone else to find it, whoever called can leave a message.
Fly it like you stole it!

Actually, for us half-deaf people, the bluetooth headsets with the ear insert are a godsend...

Actually. That is what vibrate is for.

In anycase, I like the headset. particularly when I am at the store and have a lot of items in my hand. Much easier to push a button to talk than trying to reach into my pocket while balancing everything I am holding.

But that does not mean I wear it all the time. Just when I think it MIGHT come in handy.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

I'm not gonna call somebody stupid because something they deem convenient "looks" stupid to me.

Now what I honestly don't understand is the people who walk around using their phone like a walkie talkie, on speakerphone. They walk around the parking lot or a store like this, with the volume turned up all the way so you can hear the other end of the conversation as loud as their end. How is this more convenient than holding the phone up to your ear? And it is undeniably rude - this is different than "that looks stupid"... this is forcing other people to listen to a loud speaker full of static which beeps every 5 seconds.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I would have instituted that policy by snatching the phone off her head and crushing it under my foot while wearing a "have you completely taken leave of your senses?" expression on my face B|
__

My mighty steed