lisamariewillbe

Why my DZ is better then your DZ .....(Warning LONG)

Ive noticed we all like to boost our DZs and for good reason.... Whats your reason you think your DZ is the best? Whats the one thing you think can make your DZ better?

I jump primarly at Skydive the Farm, and for good reason. My favorite thing is the education level. We have Hans, Mike G, Alan F, Mike A, Frank the Tank, shimmel, who all are willing to help EVERYONE (not just girls) I have watched Hans send an instructor up with a student he knew needed and wanted help, without extra cost to anyone but himself, because he knew it was NEEDED and would be appreciated. I have seen countless instructors debrief and instruct on the spot not expecting anything in return but a egerness to learn, I have seen so much at my DZ all in the name of education and continued improvement of jumpers skills.

They lead by example... When they instruct, they also show why by, for the most part being safe themselves in the air. Most the instructors are pulling around 4 grand... there is never the "push" to go out of ones level and there is never being made fun of for screwing up or not being perfect (unless Kramer is there)

I have been on early loads where the DZO sent it up and probably did not even break even because the plane did not have enough people in it. We get all you can jump boogies for a fair price, and if the weather isnt good and we cant jump alot, we dont pay the 129.00. Greg pretty much cooks for us every weekend, and its far better then most resturants Ive been to. We have poker, dancing, DJs and alot of good times. People look out for each other at nights. Alot of my favorite memories are from varies nights at The Farm.

Its not the perfect DZ of course and there will always be room for improvement.... I think a good start would be a hot tub out back and a stage with a rotating pole lol. HINT HINT

So if you are still reading this.... tell me why your DZ is better then mine...
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

So if you are still reading this.... tell me why your DZ is better thean mine...

I don't.

I've jumped a lot of different places (12 so far) and while I have some that I like better than others, each has had their charms.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Lisa, I won't say that my dz is better then yours cause to me thats just a subjective kinda thing to say, but I will say that I love my DZ. One of the main reasons is this guy named Kevin Hawkins. I never thought when i was little that my great friend would be 20 years older then me, thats of course before i met him though, I am sure when he was 25 the idea of hanging out with a five year old might have sounded really really boring and after all it was the 80's he had to do blow and listen to his twisted sister and michael jackson albums, while i crapped myself on the Baton rouge lutheran school playground. [:/] I digress, Kevin is my strength in skydiving, he is my focus, without him i would not have made close to 300 jumps of mine, all that i made with him. For this reason, and many more, my DZ is the greatest place in the world for me, I met Kevin there. I love you Kevin, even if i send you faxes with the cover sheet, "Attention Kevin Hawkins: I hope you die. Kevin sucks, Josh rules."

Ahh, what a wonderful world.

Orange rules because our instructors love teaching (for the most part), are never too critical, and are always willing to answer a question, no matter how trivial.

The rest of the DZ: We have an awesome time while jumping and after jumping. There is almost always some interesting jump going on, from high pulls to hybrids, to big ways to whatever. We have a very balanced amount of freeflyers to bellyflyers with a few birdmen thrown in as well. Not to mention that we have some pretty damn good swoopers.

After jumping, we have a great bonfire pit, lots of beverages and a horse shoe pit. Plus theme parties, a prom every year, and lots of nudity. :ph34r:

And if you are friendly and new, we welcome you with open arms (and ocassionally dropped pants). Our belly organizer has ZERO pretension and will jump with anyone.

Oh I am sure there is more, but that is just some of why I love Orange.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

I will not say mine is Better than anyone elses.. But I can tell you why I call Skydive the Farm my Home DZ now.

The people and the attitude.

Yes, It is the most gorgeous DZ I have ever seem. How many other DZ`s have a perfectly manicured Sod Lawn in front of the Hangar??

Yes they have great Planes.. Porter, Caravan and Grand Caravan. There are Faster and Bigger Planes nearby.. But The Farm will send the Planes almost without regard to how many are on the load and I have NEVER even heard of ANYONE getting bumped off a load to make room for tandems. The Farm is an Upjumpers DZ.

Yes they have the best Jump Prices Around.. Including their Monthly $129 all you Jump Boogies.

But all that pales in comparison to the People that make up the DZ. Hans is the most laid Back DZO you will ever meet. Greg is usually out there to watch over his planes and Sometimes even Cooking For everyone at no charge.

The Farm isnt about how much money they can make. It is about how much Fun can everyone have.

They dont Charge for Coach Jumps. No matter what you discipline is.. Someone there will be willing to Jump with you and show what they can.

I am Lucky enough to have 4 DZ`s with-in an Hour and half Drive. All 4 Have a lot to offer and some Cool people to jump with (Even ASC:P).. But the Farm is by far my favorite.

OH.. And I agree with Lisa Marie.. A Hot Tub out back would be a Nice addition. (Stage and Pole may already be under construction!!;))

I won't say mine is better b/c I've never jumped at another DZ, but I will tell you why I love it.

Number one reason is the people. The people I jump with are my family. I have met some of the most wonderful people I know through my DZ. People who I love and care about and would do anything for.

I learned how to skydive with Scott Borghese. I wouldn't have picked anyone else to learn with. Everyone is willing to help out and teach someone with less experience. There are lots of belly flyers, and free flyers, always someone to jump with in whichever discipline. And everyone is just tons of fun to be around.

My FAVORITE place to dance is in the clubhouse at my DZ. We have an awesome clubhouse, and I get to put my own music on. Those have been some of the greatest times. Planned party nights and just random week-end nights drinking like crazy and dancing our asses off.

Our DZO's are incredible as well. I love them to death. I've had some of the wildest times with Tara. I'll be checking out different DZ's this summer. But Burnaby will ALWAYS be home.:)
Edit: We also have a brass stripper pole in our club house. It was a new addition at the beginning of the summer. THAT has made for some fun nights! ;)

...the door was open

SKYDIVERGIRLS.COM

Thats not long,Walt writes long stuff.

I agree.Alot of DZOs could learn alot for the attitude Hans has and how The Farm is run.I believe if you treat the people right you won't have to worry about the dollars so much.
One thing LisaMarie forgot is if your not into one scene at The Farm there is enough deversity that you can be assured there is something else going on.Alot of DZs have lost that IMO because they have gotten cliquey(sp) and don't welcome new people the way they use to.

and lots of nudity

Thats something *cough* we never have.... Fat Bastard is uncomfortable around nekkid chicks lol

Only because he can't see his own woody. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

If I could make it my home dz, I would jump at Perris all the time! It's obvious why it's one of the best dzs....aircraft, organizers (top notch in 4-way, big-way, freeflying, canopy piloting), amenities, and tunnel.... The only downsides are that Perris is not a rockin' city, and it's so dusty/dirty there. The people there are some of the coolest skydivers I've met (too many to name.) I love Perris!

However, the Chicago area has some spiffy dzs with nice aircraft, great organizing/coaching, and awesome people. I'll take it! :)
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Definatly the Farm. I don't get to go there every weekend because it is a 5 1/2 hour drive for us, but the atmospher is awsome and Hans and Greg are running a great business while not creating drama.
Everyone is happy there. It is the best DZ I have been to! Thomaston is 2nd.
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

and lots of nudity

Thats something *cough* we never have.... Fat Bastard is uncomfortable around nekkid chicks lol

Only because he can't see his own woody. :D

I can see it, and that is all that matters...........:P
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla